The Origins of "Desperate Escape"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
    They made the cutscenes for the new content after the game was released (remember that Patricia Ja Lee interview), not during development. The scenarios were just ideas at the time RE5 was being developed but only after the release they actually started working on them.
    Oh, I realize that, but I thought in the original doc for the game that Lost in Nightmares(don't know about Desperate Escape) was part of plan from the get go until they decided to cut it. That was always my intreuptation anyways. Which is why the whole "comic cutscene" thing was a new one on me. It doesn't really make much sense, unless of course, Lost in Nightmares was actually a idea after the fact of the motion capture, but still during development.
    sigpic

Comment

No, he said on an interview that if he had to chose one character from the series that would be Jill Valentine. Now it might be Ada Wong or who knows, but until RE3 and even REmake Jill was his favourite character. You can google some interviews. He also commented that he created P.N 03 with the model of Jill Valentine because he loved her appearance... and called Vanessa a cyber sister of Jill.
      Last edited by Jill Lover; 02-13-2010, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I was gonna copy and paste what i'd put on the Unity blog...but it seems Capcom deleted it (unless i'm looking in the wrong place), a bit too close to the bone perhaps. But anyway...

It seems like the developers don't even want to live the lie anymore that the game was intended to be co-op from the very beginning. This is the second dev blog now that's talked about how they had to change the story for the sake of shoehorning in the new mechanics.

Just makes me wonder how convinced they must have been by their original story when they've been prepared to sacrifice so many elements for the sake of adding in co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
          .Just makes me wonder how convinced they must have been by their original story when they've been prepared to sacrifice so many elements for the sake of adding in co-op.
          Guess they weren't very convinced at all, since they basically dumped most the *fun* RE story points into the library, and made the actual game as newbie friendly as possible, and the result, making most the game about as bland as a by-the-books action movie.

Bleh.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
            It seems like the developers don't even want to live the lie anymore that the game was intended to be co-op from the very beginning. This is the second dev blog now that's talked about how they had to change the story for the sake of shoehorning in the new mechanics.

Just makes me wonder how convinced they must have been by their original story when they've been prepared to sacrifice so many elements for the sake of adding in co-op.
            Just like how the LOST IN NIGHTMARES section was cut from the original game, this also changed because of co-op.
            I really thought that co-op held the game back didn't like playing with the AI. Yea it was fun playing with a friend, especially mercs. but would have enjoyed a solo adventure. I did like RE 5 but to find out that the story was sacrificed for co-op saddens me. Thanks for pointing that out Stu.

Comment

I´m thankfull that they are putting Lost in Nightmares in the game. It looks awewsome so far.

I wonder how the game would´ve turned out if it were a solo game. Love the co-op though.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
                I wonder how the game would´ve turned out if it were a solo game.
                Better.

Though i wouldn't have said no to optional co-op. Poor AI partner and even poorer cover mechanic were the only things to let the game down i think.

I have issues with the story too, but if i can look past RE4's story and still see it as the best game of all time then i can do the same for RE5.

Comment

Working...
                X