Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 - Untold Stories Bundle now available on Xbox LIVE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 - Untold Stories Bundle now available on Xbox LIVE.

Good evening/day/morning/coffee, everyone!

Seems like the Untold Stories Bundle is now available on Xbox LIVE and the questions people may have had about this previously name dropped package are now answered! The package weights in at 1012.73 MB, costs 960 MS Points and contains Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape and the Two Character Costume Packs. So no Versus and no clue towards whether or not the free Extra Figures pack still has to be downloaded on the side or not (but the fact that at least Mercenaries Reunion gets a mention in the product text might mean Extra Figures has to be downloaded on the side).

Here's the production description text from the marketplace entry:
    This bundle pack features LOST IN NIGHTMARES and DESPERATE ESCAPE, two new episodes not available in the original version of RESIDENT EVIL 5. In addition, there are 2 costume packs you can use when playing THE MERCENARIES REUNION* (2 costumes for Chris and Sheva each).

This additional content includes LOST IN NIGHTMARES, DESPERATE ESCAPE, COSTUME PACK 1, and COSTUME PACK 2.

*The data for THE MERCENARIES REUNION is divided among the individual contents.
    So the pack at least seems to save roughly 400 MB of HDD space and a wooping total of 160 MS points (Capcom/MS throwing in one Character Costume pack for free). Lovely for those of you who haven't jumped in yet or really value your HDD space.

Xbox LIVE Marketplace link: Resident Evil 5 - Untold Stories Bundle - 960 MS points
    Last edited by Carnivol; 03-10-2010, 10:26 AM.

"no clue towards whether or not the free Extra Figures pack still has to be downloaded on the side or not."

The fact that it's not listed is surely the only clue necessary.

Comment

Well, the Extra Figures pack doesn't exactly add anything that technically shouldn't already be part of the other packs combined.
      [edit]
      But I guess you're right, since they felt it was necessary to reassure the world that Mercs Reunion's "lurking inside".
      Last edited by Carnivol; 03-10-2010, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Didn't Chris talk about the Spencer Estate?

Comment

According to Capcom, the same bundle will also be released to the PSN tomorrow during the regular PSN weekly update.

Comment

There have been some reports that both the "Untold Stories Bundle" and the Gold Edition are giving people disk read errors when they try to play mercenaries reunion. :O
            Last edited by rika_chou; 03-10-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I hate that people do this, i got shafted with Gears of War 2 and Assassin's Creed 2, with DLC that comes out and literally a week later the same DLC comes out but with more stuff with it and you feel like such a jackass for downloading it early. A heads up would have been nice thats all

Comment

I will download it and let you guys know about this bundle

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                  I hate that people do this, i got shafted with Gears of War 2 and Assassin's Creed 2, with DLC that comes out and literally a week later the same DLC comes out but with more stuff with it and you feel like such a jackass for downloading it early. A heads up would have been nice thats all
                  Hold off on the drama please? There's nothing extra in this pack of DLC, and it's hardly the greatest saving in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                    Hold off on the drama please? There's nothing extra in this pack of DLC, and it's hardly the greatest saving in the world.
                    I agree, it's not like it's half-price... The only thing that actually bothers me is the fact that this actually saves you HDD space. I have a 20GB HD and I surely could use the free space, but oh well, if it's Resident Evil 5 is well wasted!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Yeah. You're kind saving... what... $2, top, on holding back a few weeks on buying everything. (Buying stuff retail is worse.)

Comment

yeah i know its minimal but that doesn't make it less annoying. I also have only a 20GB HD so all the space counts plus being broke all the time and knowing you coulda saved the points in the end kind sucks, but life goes on

Comment

^ This is just the file you download when redeeming the code that comes in Gold Edition, which is also available for those who don't have the code.

Comment

RE should of stayed with Playstation.

Comment

Yeah. Stupid Resident Evil for suddenly going all multiplatform on the world...

I miss the days when RE1 was exclusive to PlayStation, with no releases on the horizon for platforms like Windows, Mac OS or Sega Saturn.

Comment

Working...
                              X