Resident Evil Afterlife @ WonderCon 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Afterlife @ WonderCon 2010

Paul Anderson along with Ali Larter will be on hand at this year's WonderCon event to present a trailer and answer questions relating to the forthcoming fourth installment in the Resident Evil movie series, Afterlife. The event will be held on April 3rd at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. More information about the event can be found here.

Resident Evil Afterlife @ WonderCon 2010, thanks to NemesisCV

I assume they'll be showing off the trailer that will be attached to Nightmare on Elm Street at the end of the month.

Comment

Whoop! Can't wait!

Comment

"Alice (Milla Jovovich), continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend."

Sienna's back.
        Last edited by Mr. Rod; 03-23-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

actually....Jill will be back but according to IMDB it will not be Sienna ...It's some next new chick...But not sure if I fully believe IMDB cuz they have made several errors in the past....Who knows hopefully the trailer will set things right and Sienna will reprise her role.

Comment

Unless it's been confirmed by a reliable source, I would never trust the cast list over at IMDB. People fuck with those all the time when movies are still in production.

Also, I just zipped by IMDB to look at the message board for this movie... and I'm in utter amazement (though, I shouldn't be) that somehow almost every other topic is about Jill. I guess that's one thing the separate fandoms for movies and the games have in common, then.

Dear God.

Comment

Ooh, can't wait to see the trailer... and I remember hearing that quote about an "unexpected friend" really, really early on. I hope it is Sienna though. Would make me so happy.

Comment

@xdeadpan - Jill's popular. Se what happened when Capcom didn't allow fans to play with her in a full new story, she got 2 new chapters.
                Also, Apocalypse was so popular because of Jill, and people was actually happy to have her as the real Jill, because she did it reallt well, so people want her back. It's just that way.

To be honest, if Jill has is going to be in this movie, then Sienna has to be the actress. She did a really good job in RE2A. I really hope she's back for this movie.

But by old friend doesn't mean Claire?
                Last edited by Jill Lover; 03-24-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Would be interesting to see if they keep the Apocalypse Jill look or try to turn her into RE5 looking Jill.
                  Last edited by A-J; 03-24-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                    @xdeadpan - Jill's popular. Se what happened when Capcom didn't allow fans to play with her in a full new story, she got 2 new chapters.
                    Also, Apocalypse was so popular because of Jill, and people was actually happy to have her as the real Jill, because she did it reallt well, so people want her back. It's just that way.
                    Which is exactly why I feel it's all so insane and facepalm-inducing.

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                    To be honest, if Jill has is going to be in this movie, then Sienna has to be the actress. She did a really good job in RE2A. I really hope she's back for this movie.
                    I did enjoy Sienna as Jill. It was the one element of Apocalypse that I liked (minus Paul's awful writing of the character). But if Sienna doesn't want to come back or can't fit it into her work schedule, I don't think recasting the character would be the end of the world. Then again, I don't plan on seeing this movie or any future titles, so it's not like my opinion is valid, but Sienna, though a good match for the role, barely did anything groundbreaking.

Comment

I really liked Sienna as Jill. A nice contrast to Alice. Though, there was an item (prop, I think) form the movie that was sold (many were being sold, for charity, I think), and I remember one of them looking oddly similar to Jill's chestal device from Bio5 (I'm not sure if it's a spoiler, because it might as well be a medallion of sme sorts). Anybody remember that? I just hope they keep her as Jill-Jill, not brainwashed-Jill (I like it when Sienna gets to really act out, same for Milla).

Comment

Can't wait for this epic fail yet again, I wish i could be there and tell Paul in person how much he sucks

Comment

^ Well, that's a little harsh. In my opinion, I never really looked at the movies as an 'epic fail'. I always viewed them as pure entertainment, like an alternate universe that would have no effect on RE (unfortunately, it did :| but that was the game producers' choice). Cut him some slack, hopefully it'll at least live up to the first one (I like Paul as a director).

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                            Can't wait for this epic fail yet again, I wish i could be there and tell Paul in person how much he sucks
                            Go make a movie, and I'd be glad to go watch it. Please, by all means, direct your own multimillion dollar RE movie, working with a large cast and crew, taking tons of shoots to make the perfect scene with not a lot of sleep, working under stressful time constraints made even more stressful due to taking all those previously mentioned shots, and let me know how it goes.

Yeah, didn't think so.

People don't seem to realize that while you may think he "sucks" (which he doesn't, but that's all opinion), his job is a lot more hectic. Unless you're in the army. So yeah, cut him some slack. Or, again, go make that movie.
                            Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-24-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I really enjoyed Extinction as an average movie, not as an adaptation for the videogame. I don't really take the movies seriously, i watch them just for fun. Apocalypse was deadboring and Alice was really annoying as a character.

Comment

Working...
                              X