Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? #3 - Hardly newspost worthy ed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know? #3 - Hardly newspost worthy ed.

Yo! I'm interrupting with yet another one of my little piles of random text. It's been... what... 4 months since the last one? Hope they don't get in the way!

Let's start by summarizing some of the latest news: ... Done!

Yes. There haven't been a lot of Resident Evil announcements or grand reveals lately. We're seeing some information about the upcoming 4th entry in the live-action movie series, but it seems like we're not seeing anything related to the game franchise. So fresh off of Resident Evil 5's new Gold Edition content, I guess all we really know is that somewhere out there there exists a prematurely announced Resident Evil Portable (PSP), and we probably wont get to know more about this one until we hit something like this year's E3 (although I wouldn't be surprised if we actually have to wait for as long as TGS '10 before we actually get to see something).

So what does a survival horror fan actually do as (s)he waits for more Resident Evil (other than mastering Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape and Mercenaries Reunion + praying for a PC release of Gold Edition)?

Europeans (and Australians) finally got their long overdue PAL release of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, so that's at least one thing for some. The Americans appear to be able to dive into the joys of budget sandbox horror with Deadly Premonition (which to this day has yet to receive a European release date). Xbox 360 owners might look forward to the upcoming XBLA title Hydrophobia, although that one appears to be more survival than just plain horror. Those who're lubed up with a bit of patience might be able to wait for the release of Dead Rising 2 and fans of the original may also be looking forward to the Xbox 360 exclusive Dead Rising: Case Zero. People who enjoyed Dead Space will probably have to wait longer, as Dead Space 2 appears to be taking its sweet time and probably wont be available to the public until early 2011. There's also still talk about EA considering bringing the Wii-exclusive Dead Space: Extraction to Xbox 360 and PS3. A blind guess would be that such a port would probably try to squeeze itself in between something like NATAL/MOVE and Dead Space 2, to achieve maximum brand strengthening.

Come to think of it, going by the titles I've listed so far, one may say survival horror's dead (har har). Anyway, poor puns aside, although there are no Resident Evil games on the near horizon right now, I'm sure that fans of horror games should be able to find something to quench their thirst with and I'm sure I've probably missed a game or two in my quick list there.

For those wondering about the site itself...
    I'm currently trying to ensure that I have access to as much as possible (site wise), while Dot50Cal's busy recharging his batteries. Should enable us to get some site content up, some minor updates done to previous features, etc... And without going into details, let's just say that life has its ways of getting in the way, so not everything always goes as smoothly as planned.

Also, for those who're wondering about what this year's April Fools is... we thought we'd try to go full circle and let you guys try to fool us this year, as we've been too busy to prepare anything on our end that we felt that we were happy with. Sorry if anyone feels disappointed. We'll make it up to you! Promise

Haha, thanks for the update. I'm really hoping to see some more of RE PSP at E3, and hopefully the return of Dot50Cal before that. No offense, Carn. You're doin' a great job manning the controls of THIA.

Comment

^ Yup, props to Carn for keeping the ball rolling. Yes, it does get a bit boring but this is when the real fan blood kicks in. We always get a big rush of folks when there's a big reveal for the next RE game or during the countdown to it's release, but when the dust settles three months later only a handful of them remain. These slow times are to be expected and will test your patience and dedication for sure, but there's always off-topic I think this site has it's own special community anyhow regardless of news.

The same people log in just about everyday, even when there hasn't been recent news in weeks and only two topics have a new post. There's many nice and interesting folks here. Not much you can do when news is slow but dream and chat lol. It's all about endurance...in the end, we'll have our bright days again.
      Last edited by REmaster; 04-01-2010, 12:55 AM.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

all the good news are for silly 360 owners. Deadly Prominition is not getting a PS3 release outside of Japan.

Comment

New RPD dispatch coming!

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
            New RPD dispatch coming!

Spoiler:
            Spoiler:

Comment

There's always the CCC (Carn 'n' Chris Cast). Randomwab's been fantasizing about that for quite some time now - almost to the point where he's written fanfics and proposed dialog scripts for it before anything's even been taken to studio for recording.

Comment

Working...
              X