Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Trailer Leaked !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uhh the Trailer is on the Website here too... not really leaked then huh?

Comment

Well said Darkmoon, I remember watching Resident Evil Apocolaypse when they are inside the church it's the part where its Jill, her friend (The black cop), the newsreporter woman and some random guy.

They have a really cool shot of Jill walking down a corridor, Sienna nails the Jill Valentine walk and then the Lickers start jumping around on the roof. I thought they were really going somewhere with some tension for the first time in the history of these movies.

Then Alice bursts in through the window (Like a bat of hell!!! She'll be gone when the morning comes!!) She nails like 3 Lickers in 10 seconds and THEN in her Linda Blair Exorcist voice tells everyone to 'MOVE' does some dumb shit with a bike and wow that was the most perfect way ever to kill the last 5 minutes of tension the film has been trying to build up. I think personally without Alice in these movies they may not have been classic but I could have enjoyed them. So long as Alice is in these movies, I cannot enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
        Not as bad as your mom when I fucked her in the head last night.

ahahahahaha!

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        Remember, minions, that liking and not liking the movies are personal opinions. You don't get to make nasty comments about other people just because they like/dislike a movie you do/don't. .
        If you're talking about me and Canas dont worry its all good, we were just kidding around. We talk about this shit on MSN all the time.
        Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 04-04-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

anyone else think that half of the movie will be Wesker owning Alice clones?

Comment

The only thing i remember about the first 3 movies is thinking to myself "Shit, that was fucking stupid" at the end of each one...

Comment

I don't see why people are complaining about the abundance of Alice.

You are aware she's the main character, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post

No gripes about the amount of Alice in the movies to be honest. Though it'll be more of an OVER abundance of Alice w/ all her clones and whatnot.

Comment

Main character =/= Mary Sue.

Seriously, Alice is so unlikeable because she's so damn perfect. Nobody can do shit without her saving them. I think that's why I hate Apocalypse the most. They got us all hyped over Jill, the actress actually STUDIED the game, Jill's movements, etc, but nope. She doesn't do a damn thing, it's upto super-powered mega Alice to save the day.

Comment

People are gonna watch that? Seriously?

Comment

Yeah, I know right? People have different opinions? Seriously?

Comment

Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                          Main character =/= Mary Sue.

Seriously, Alice is so unlikeable because she's so damn perfect. Nobody can do shit without her saving them. I think that's why I hate Apocalypse the most. They got us all hyped over Jill, the actress actually STUDIED the game, Jill's movements, etc, but nope. She doesn't do a damn thing, it's upto super-powered mega Alice to save the day.
                          Well, Albert Wesker in the games is a Gary Stu. So I don't understand why so many people complain about Alice xD

Comment

I'm just disappointed by this trailer, because the focus of Alice is so much that we didn't even get to see Chris Redfield (the 3rd main character of the movie) in the trailer properly at all. Not even a quick frontal 1 sec glimpse.

Comment

I might as well jump on the 'Not Impressed' bandwagon here. Rant on.

Once the image of the Executioner came out, I guess I wasn't surprised to see that, the split-jaw majini style enemy, and the Wesker stuff... but I can only concur on what will probably be a messy push at making Wesker such a big enemy in this film as presumably the head of Umbrella (I forget if this was specifically stated in the last film, but I assume by this point it's the case). Also in that footage the Executioner hitting the post just seems weak sauce, much like Nemesis was in most of the second film.

Personally I guess the interesting facet for me is the fact that Anderson originally deviated so heavily away from the original games when we were still following that path in 2000/2001 that he missed making the background of the character. Sadly too, while the second film showed a well more personal attempt at adding characters and background to Umbrella's attempts, I kinda feel most of it was a plot of convenience for purely moving action forward. And so Umbrella still stayed operated by a mysterious figurehead with no connections at all to the "bad guys" we followed who filled out most of the 2nd and 3rd films.

I also will smack my hand into my face if now that they've added Chris in that they actually end up still connecting him to the STARS in Raccoon and Jill. It seems a little contrived to show that Claire, who ended up being a random leader of a bunch of survivors in the last, actually had a direct connection into the original events because her brother was a team member of Jill's. Fan's will get the connection, anyone else will feel it's too contrived.

On that point to, it goes back to missed points of contact. Anyone who read Romero's script knows he made Chris a non-STARS member in that, and it caused a fuss at the time. Interesting to see what happens now should that not be the case again. Yes, he won't be part-native American or anything, but still. So you have 2 characters, that as far as the video games go, were the equivalent to the good/evil concept, who had stories fleshed out over several games, and now both need better explanations, backgrounds, and motivations/motivators in this. Additionally I guess if they make it a huge rivalry thing I'll be disappointed, yet giving Anderson's general character development in the past 3, entirely unsurprised.

The majority of the trailer also suffers from seen it before syndrome. If it's not the end of the isolation which exists so many films, it was the visuals of a Roland Emmerich style modern day apocalypse, or an overused style fighting attack, and it's been 11 years since the Matrix, I'm sure we can do without the slow motion-jumping through windows while shooting wearing all black thing.

Heck it's even self referencing the stuff it's already done before, and then just throwing in what's been done in the last major game release for good measure - these movies are entirely popcorn entertainment I get that, but it's not like they're even trying with this thing. Isn't the point of a teaser trailer like this supposed to make me interested in something? Do so by showing me something different about this movie from the rest, even if there is only a couple of things... maybe putting one of them in this would have been a good idea. Which leads me to...

Well... obviously... riding Avatar's coat tails much? I'm sorry, but technical information should never have been put in this trailer. Hell not even just this movie. It should never be put in anything at all like this.

It would be like making a trailer when you got ILM or Weta to do your effects and going "Amazing Visual Effects from the Legendary team at wherever who worked on this film you loved so much it made 400 million+ worldwide."

It just makes the movie look cheap, something which - and Anderson isn't lying - it actually wasn't. This movie had a huge budget. But as soon as they start plastering that all over it, it's like they just made the worst film imaginable with the best equipment possible. And I'm saying this from a purely subjective point of that trailer alone... that's not a statement on the whole film, for all I know they might have done some things with the equipment no one has ever seen. But based on what they showed me the really didn't try.

It's like basically saying in subtext "you loved that movie so much and it made heaps, this will be just as awesome - come see it." You know how that makes people feel? Like idiots. Or cattle. But it's so obvious they might have just been blatant about it you know? "Love shit blowing up, tits on screen, zombies and giant monsters... come see it with the latest 3D technology!"

You know what would have been a smarter idea to let you audience know you did this, by making a special teaser trailer that is something different but shows off the 3D effects and maybe indeed does/did something no one saw with it before. That teaser trailer for the second film which was an Umbrella product ad is still once of the better teasers ever made for a film because it was different than all the rest. How did they not get this might be something to try and repeat? Not the ad specifically, but making something in 3D for the film which just was so awesomely cool no one would not want to go see the film...
                              Last edited by Rombie; 04-04-2010, 11:06 PM. Reason: Edited a couple of typos....

Comment

Watching this made my face and brain hurt. So much fail in one trailer; I like how Resident Evil 5 is oozing out of this trailer.... grrrr.... anger....

I'll be there to watch it though like I have for the other three movies so I can laugh, cry and judge. ;_;

Comment

Working...
                                X