Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Trailer Leaked !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
    I don't see why people are complaining about the abundance of Alice.

You are aware she's the main character, right?
    Yes. But 'Main' doesn't mean that all and everything in the movies needs to revolve around her. Other characters should have there own little plots, there own little scenes, there own character building moments. They don't in the RE movies because the people in charge feel the constant need to show off how super awesome Alice is.

No other character gets a moment to shine simply because Alice is there. She's super powered, she's infected, Umbrella wants her and her alone. If there are monsters to kill she'll kill it with maybe a little help from someone else.

Compare how vital Alice is to the plot of the first movie. Now compare her to the how important she is in the second and third. In the first movie, despite a couple of silly moments (ninja Dog fight and zombie death by thighs attack) she was just a mole trying to take Umbrella out. Spence was actually more important to the overall plot, and most of the team members who didn't get sliced by lazy beams (a moment I will forever hate - is it so hard to kill your characters off by zombies in a zombie movie?) get some growth and fun scenes.

Now compare that to the second. Nemesis' goal? Alice. Importance of the little girl? Same virus as Alice. Umbrella's goals? Destroy all evidence (by letting thousands of people out, none of whom will bother saying, 'Why yes, there were walking corpses) and get back Alice. Way to beat Nemesis? Have him beaten half to death then be awoken by how awesome Alice is.

And third might as well have the Synopsis as ALICE! Apart from the survivors, who live and die because Alice is there (either saved by the birds or killed by the Bud-lite Zombies) the whole movie is about Alice, and the scientist obsessed with Alice. I must admit, I enjoyed the book a lot more. It had scenes where Jill was trying to do stuff and not thinking about how awesome it would be to have Alice there. And when the book that is based on the movie feels the need to add more plot in...

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
      I'll be honest, I've never been so disappointed before. Will it really kill him to show more than 3 seconds of zombies in the trailer for a god-damn zombie movie?

Its almost disgusting how the trailer point out that the movie will have Cameron/Page fusion camera system, almost as if the movie is trying to leech on the success of Cameron/Avatar or something. Why not show the usual insert telling the accomplishment of the director, like how Avatar's trailer insert stating that its from the director of Titanic? I guess maybe even Paul Anderson himself know that his past movies except Resident Evil haven't been well received by many, and that if he tagged his name onto the trailer, it will only bring harm in promoting this movie. Its a shame how he needs to promote his movie by slapping a name of a director who's totally unrelated to the movie creation at all into the trailer. As in having the movie being a tie-in with a popular game series doesn't help.
      Your implying that Anderson directed the trailer for his movie (and Cameron for Avatar) which is 1000% false and stupid.
      Last edited by doomed; 04-05-2010, 04:04 AM.

Comment

The only good thing about this trailer is that remix of The Outsider by A Perfect Circle. Can't say i've heard that particular remix before and APC are one of my favourite bands. Sounds like something Atticus Ross would do...

Besides that, shitty trailer for a weak film franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
          Well, Albert Wesker in the games is a Gary Stu. So I don't understand why so many people complain about Alice xD
          But Albert is a villain, and that's the main difference.

When a villain is perfect it makes things more tense, more dramatic. Just look at RE5 and the whole Wesker situation - he's superhuman, can dodge bullets, is (almost constantly) in control the whole time and constantly plays with Chris. And now imagine if Wesker was just a normal guy and Chris was this overpowered unstoppable beast. It just wouldn't be the same then, there would be no sense of danger, no sense of "I'm fucked" situations.

That's the main problem with the movies - Alice is too powerful, nothing can beat her, everyone is saved by her; she's too awesome - right now she is able to kill things with the power of her mind (that is, if the script allows her to do so, because at one moment she can burn a bunch of crows or cause man to bleed just by thinking about it, at another moment she needs weapons to protect herself - and that's only one of many inconsistencies in those movies).
          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 04-05-2010, 05:50 AM.

Comment

After seeing the trailer, i've seen some ripoffs like:
            Spoiler:

if I miss some ripoffs from the trailer please do share

Comment

Originally posted by misstvirus View Post
              Watching this made my face and brain hurt. So much fail in one trailer; I like how Resident Evil 5 is oozing out of this trailer.... grrrr.... anger....

I'll be there to watch it though like I have for the other three movies so I can laugh, cry and judge. ;_;
              Thats sad. You are openly admiting to throwing money away. I know they are fun to take the piss out of but at the end of the day you said just the trailer makes your head hurt. Why would you pay to put yourself through like a hour and a half of that shit?

Comment

Originally posted by ylj619 View Post
                After seeing the trailer, i've seen some ripoffs like:
                Spoiler:

if I miss some ripoffs from the trailer please do share
                It's such an obvious shot that I'm saying it's a ~homage rather than a rip-off. And wasn't it Alice and Claire and not Alice and Alice?

My thoughts...hurm. I liked the trailer. I mean really, yes. I'm a bit annoyed that they've seemingly retconned the whole dead world thing because there are trees and everything in the trailer. (Not that I'm angry about it, it was a sucky idea in the first place.)

But yeah, I'm liking the look of it. It will probably be a bad film in general but as long as it has some cool action sequences I won't mind. I'm past the point of raging about how these films are bad and nothing like the games. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy them from now on. It's a much more fun experience.

Comment

I think many people are forgeting that since the begining these movies weren't "Resident Evil THE GAME MOVIE" but just a movie based on the REsident Evil merchanside. If one can overlook that fact, one probably can juged the movie a little better( just a little); I'm not saying I'm a big fan or anything, but I saw like the two past movies the day they were release, just to see what they came out this time; and of course you have Alice being all badass and everything, like all other movie's main character.

Comment

All style over substance again.*sigh* Typical Anderson just gives us a fight scene (or so it appears) than giving us a clever sequence of Claire using her wits to fight the Executioner, and instead back flips and charges him - it's ridiculous.

It looks a little more expensive than the previous movies, but still doesn't look anything deserving of the name, and why is Alice a ninja now throwing shurikens or whatever now and running around with Katana's?!
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                      It looks a little more expensive than the previous movies, but still doesn't look anything deserving of the name, and why is Alice a ninja now throwing shurikens or whatever now and running around with Katana's?!

I have been asking that same damned question... Did they just write shit down on slips of paper and pick at random out of a hat? "Oh, ok, here we are... let's see, AH! NINJA! We have a ninja!"

Comment

• Originally posted by doomed View Post
                        Your implying that Anderson directed the trailer for his movie (and Cameron for Avatar) which is 1000% false and stupid.
                        on the other hand..we don't have evidence that he play no part in the trailer as well.

Comment

• In 99% of film trailers the director has absolutely no input.
                          I thought everybody was aware of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                            Well, Albert Wesker in the games is a Gary Stu. So I don't understand why so many people complain about Alice xD
                            I don't think you understand the concept though.

A villain generally has to be powerful or seemingly near unstoppable for the sake of creating tension and hopelessness.

Regardless of the rising action element that grew with each game in the series, you were always playing a human faced with fighting or avoiding monsters of many forms. There was always a risk of death from these creatures who do nothing more than try to kill you.

When you have a powerful villain that can kill you in more ways than you could there's dilemma and uncertainty. It's always about the protagonist going against the odds and coming through. Hence the "survival" aspect.

You don't get that in these movies. The main character is more powerful than the antagonists. She's the only character to successfully mutate and obtain great power from the T-virus. She is the one who saves the human characters from lickers, crows, zombie dogs, etc. and she goes mutant-to-mutant against the tyrant.

I'm going to run a test here. Which sounds more threatening and tense?

A human facing nemesis and using whatever means she can have from her weapons to her surroundings or a super powered woman using her fists, karate and swords?

How about going against crows? Can you as a human run from them or shoot them off one by one or as a powered being use the force to maneuver fire to take them all out?

When a protagonist can take things out in such a way that's it's almost easy then there is no horror nor tension. Some random supporting characters will die, but that's to be expected. You still have you powerful protagonist to come through at the end of the day. And now she has a clone army at her disposal.

This is why the first film can be called the decent one in the series. Because when you strip Alice from her powers, seal her in an underground lab, and throw multiple zombies and obstacles your way then you have something. The first film even made the licker a force not to be reckoned with. It wipes out a good few of the characters and poses as the main final baddie. Some people will complain on that front since you can take them out a lot more in the games, but the characters in the first movie really had scraps at their disposal. In essence the second film raises the stakes with more lickers, but that scene is crushed (as with any ounce of genuine "survival" from Alice's part) once the Alice character crashes through the church window and wipes the floor with the lickers in front of the mere mortals.

Just look at how the games portray survival. Wesker is used in side stories from UC where your gameplay reflects on shooting. The power effect from an on-rails perspective is all you have by Wesker umping around. Other than that Wesker is played in mercs and minigames where you can have some fun in taking advantage of playing them. Same for Krauser in RE4 mercs.

The rest are all human characters. Even Jill, who is infected with a progenitor chemical and displayed super strength and speed in RE5, will be played normally once you cure her from her chest device. Leon gets infected with las plagas, but he doesn't display powers when you play the game as him. No one on the protagonist side should have ultra super powers. That doesn't work in good horror.

Now from a story wise perspective there can be a protagonist who has some gifted abilities. Whether it's Luke Skywalker, Neo, Superman, etc. But look at their villain lineup and their weaknesses to see just what kind of problems they can face? I can already say that Wesker might just prove to be a challenge for Alice so having him as the villain seems expected and preferred. It'll at least balance some things out though the clones of the protagonist do present an issue. What's more threatening? Clone antagonists (Agent Smith) or clone protagonists? I leave that for you to decide though personally I think normal yet determined Chris vs. Super Wesker is much more interesting than Super Alice vs. Super Wesker.

Comment

• Originally posted by doomed View Post
                              In 99% of film trailers the director has absolutely no input.
                              I thought everybody was aware of this.
                              Actually they do. The film makers and studio will not let a trailer out that does not meet to their satisfaction. It is brought back for them to look over and see if any scenes need to be chopped, added, or rearranged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                                TheSelfishGene: Agreed. It's as if the writers are TRYING to impress us and salvage the story but turning it to the games, but that's just the problem. The movies are already too different to just SWITCH to a plot similar to the games. What DID Wesker do in the movies? He just kinda sat there...like a boss. >.>

Actually, Anderson is the final boss. LOL.

I find that in most game movies plot is not important because the selling point of this kind of movies is the boss fighting and countless killing, such as Hitman movie. The problem is, the action of game movies is just barely acceptable. People in Hitman look like they don't know how to fight. They just grab everything they can obtain and mindlessly shoot or slash. Not even one scene contains skilled fight. I bet they don't have martial art consultant. RE is probably a little better than Hitman in action aspect, but just a little. I don't expect they can write a good script for a game movie now, but at least they should make the action scenes more proficient, rather than emphasizing the 3D thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X