The Art of Resident Evil 5 Art Book Arrives in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Art of Resident Evil 5 Art Book Arrives in July

Udon Entertainment have just announced that The Art of Resident Evil 5 will be released in English language this July.

Previously released only in Japan under the title "The Art of Biohazard 5", it is an artbook which showcases the 3D models, character designs, environments, storyboards, and promotional art for the game. You can now pre-order the book on Amazon. Click on the link below to view the preview pages of the book.

The Art of Resident Evil 5 - Udon Entertainment
    Amazon

This is really exciting, to me! I spent quite a few hours staring at all the gorgeous art in this particular book when I received it, but I mourned my inability to understand any of the text. I'm so incredibly happy that it will be released in English. I can't wait to finally read everything. I have to squint to read the text on Amazon's preview, but it already seems interesting. Can't waaaait!

Comment

Is this the book that features all the unused concepts such as the Tyrant?
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Yeah. I have the Japanese version of it, and it shows all the unused ideas for the game such as a big Uroboros creature on a train, another design for Excella, stuff like that. It's a very good read.

Comment

It is better to order this book now, before it tohappen same thing with the book RE: degeneration artbook. But price is not a bit pricey? I mean, RE: archives, it was 33 euros (FNAC discount, if it was 36 Euros). Udon Now the book is 40 Euros. Only fanatics is that they will purchase this book.

Comment

I believe it will be more expensive if you import the Japanese version from Japan right? I imported some Capcom artbooks (Ace Attorney, The Art of Biohazard 5 etc) but Udon Entertainment published the English version few months later at a cheaper price.

The content quality of The Art of Bio 5 is pretty good. If you are still thinking whether you should spend the cash on the book, maybe you can wait for a review to appear on parkablogs.com when the book is released.
            Last edited by xfactor; 04-18-2010, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah. I have the Japanese version of it, and it shows all the unused ideas for the game such as a big Uroboros creature on a train, another design for Excella, stuff like that. It's a very good read.

Yes, some of the ideas were awesome, like a creature that looked like a Mix of a Hunter and a Licker and the Tyrant. Also Excella death was worthy of Wesker...literally

Comment

^ I agree. Excella was less tititized (and even looked somewhat realistic), and her send-off looked much more mighty and (imo, lol) dignified. Better to be stabbed through your realistic chest by a Tyrant than to be raped through your giant, enormously pixelized plastic chest by phallic-looking slimy tentacle things... right?

Comment

Same price on amazon UK in pounds as dollars on Amazon US. Urgh.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Better late than never I guess.

Comment

Kinda wish they'd gone with something closer to the concept design for Excella. Her final design was too much a Disney-giveaway (as in; look at her... she's one of the bad guys. End of story.)

Anyway, this book getting an English release is neat. I might grab it later, although I've been hogging a lot of random JP art books over the past few years, some English ones would be a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        Kinda wish they'd gone with something closer to the concept design for Excella. Her final design was too much a Disney-giveaway (as in; look at her... she's one of the bad guys. End of story.)

You are right, and the other outfit looked more apropiate for work dont, you think? She is a CEO and all, but having your boobs out doesnt seem very profesional

Comment

Working...
                        X