Jun Takeuchi Unlikely to Return for Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jun Takeuchi Unlikely to Return for Resident Evil 6

In what is sure to be a sigh of relief for many fans, though still a disappointment for others, Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi has stated that he will likely not return for Resident Evil 6, instead preferring to wait for "two more Olympics [to] have passed" before returning to the franchise.

Takeuchi most recently worked on Lost Planet 2, which has been receiving fairly negative early reviews from several media outlets, and with the rather lukewarm reception of Resident Evil 5, it will be interesting to see if Takeuchi handles any of Capcom's other big name franchises from here on out or if he will instead focus on new IP's, which he claims involves less pressure than working on a title such as Resident Evil.

Source: CVG

Thanks to aris13
    Last edited by Archelon; 05-06-2010, 02:05 PM.

Big disappoint to me. I'm a fan of Takeuchi, and think the effort and devotion to he had (originally) put into Resident Evil 5 was far impressive than any other RE title developed (aside from REmake and CVX).

Oh well, lets hope for the best for Resident Evil 6.
    I would love it if Takeuchi, Shinji and Kawata worked on the 6th title, but I guess that's just a dream which will not be fulfilled.

Let's see what happens.

Comment

well, there is still hope for those who liked him.

RE5 took 4 years, so two Olympics, whats that, the next two releases? He's just setting up for RE7 is all....

Comment

That's what you get for KILLING WESKER YOU SOB! (I blame Kenichi Ueda too).

Ok rant over . Why not give Keiji Inafune (Dead Rising) a shot?

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see Capcom hand over the next game to a Western developer and give them free reign to do what they want how they want. At the very least, if it's an internal Capcom team, it should be one that is willing to take risks and isn't afraid to veer off into completely new territory for the franchise.

Comment

Noooo! I don't blame him though, I mean he put alot of effort into making these games and for what? negative reviews? RE5 wasn't even nominated for game of the year (I think) I wouldn't want to make another RE with all this BS.

Comment

A good outcome for all involved I'd say
              sigpic

Comment

People mught have their criticisms of Resi 5, but I loved it when it came out and I'm still playing it a vast amount now. It's been a long time since i've played a game as much as this, over and over, with friends on co-op or the new difficulties or even just blasting around on Mercs.
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I am sorry but I disagree on the western part of what you just said, I agree with revil5 because he has a point I believe all of this negativity is bs.

And nobody does video games like the japanese!
                  Last edited by ZodiarkEclipes; 05-06-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Shame.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                      Noooo! I don't blame him though, I mean he put alot of effort into making these games and for what? negative reviews? RE5 wasn't even nominated for game of the year (I think) I wouldn't want to make another RE with all this BS.
                      I agree with this. I dont think Resident Evil 5 was that bad, infact it probably my second most played of the series next to Remake. Although I'll be glad to see the torch passed again.

Comment

I find it funny that people blame Takeuchi for the story aspect when he's not the writter... Anyway, whoever's in charge for RE6 that game needs atmosphere and isolation back. LiN was a step in the right direction IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                          I find it funny that people blame Takeuchi for the story aspect when he's not the writter.
                          I don't blame Takeuchi for the story. I blame him for the design decisions and gameplay "innovations," which he apparently considered co-op to be.

Comment

I agree with you on that. The game could have been better if it wasn't mostly based on the co-op aspect.

Comment

I can't imagine receiving better news. Hopefully this means that either someone new takes the reigns or maybe even Mikami comes back.
                              A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Working...
                              X