Capcom Talks On RE5 AE And RE DSC Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
    You can find their data on financial results for FY 2010 here: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      No, see, that's the thing.

Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 4 will be a port of the original Gamecube version, with no Wiimote support and none of the PS2 content.
      Germans rejoice!

Comment

Honestly RE5 AE did give out more sales on PS3 then it did on 360, But DSC did have had poor sales but none the less shinji did made a huge mess on DSC.

Comment

That's kinda sad (for me, at least). I thoroughly enjoyed DSC (sans the fucked up storyline), but maybe it was just the UC reaction curse. :|

Comment

I enjoyed Darkside Chronicles, but for me, that was basically just for the simple fact that I got a revamped version of CODE: Veronica and a little bit more Ashford history/storyline. Other than that, I wasn't too interested in it as it basically mimed Umbrella Chronicles; don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the Umbrella Chronicles, but once you've played that type of game, there's not much else that can be added on to make it outstanding. I guess I basically only enjoyed Darkside Chronicles for the prettiness of it on a new generation console. Meh. I think if the side stories were a little better, it would have been more successful. Even though Operation Javier included my beloved T-Veronica Virus and made an attempt to tie in some CODE: Veronica concepts, it still fell below the bar.

Resident Evil 5's extension I'm a bit iffy about. I loved the new additions to Mercenaries, but the two added story modes are just kind of boring to me. "Lost in Nightmares" sort of paid homage to the old style of Resident Evil, but I just thought it was too short, and "Desperate Escape" was pretty much storied Mercenaries as you killed...Killed some more...And wait for it...KILLED AGAIN! I'm not complaining though...For the most part, I enjoyed the extra content.

As for the continuation of the ports, that just seems like another cash-cow move by Capcom. These games were already released on the Gamecube, which can be played in the Wii...Putting them in a white box and adding "Archives" to the title is not enough to make me buy it. Sorry Capcom.

|AA|
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ashford View Post
              I enjoyed DSC but I can understand the bad sales. Although it makes me worry that due to these bad sales, we won't be seeing anymore remakes any time soon.
              Actually, when RE4 did well Capcom decided to "test" Wii users again by releasing UC... based on that game sales it was going to be decided if Wii owners got remakes or regular RE games.

When UC did well, instead of delivering a proper RE game Masachika Kawata made a sequel. Another on-rails game. Not exactly what fans were expecting at all (but I guess they should've expected that... from Capcom no less).

Kawata felt confident that DSC would do just as well... disregarding how RE fans on the Wii felt about getting another on-rail game.

Thus these sales numbers are just karma biting Kawata in the arse. Deservedly so.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X