Resident Evil: Afterlife in IMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Afterlife in IMAX

IMAX and Sony Pictures Releasing today announced that Resident Evil: Afterlife, the fourth entry in the franchise, will be released to digital IMAX theatres simultaneously with the film's wide release on September 10, 2010.

The film, which was photographed in 3D, will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience with proprietary IMAX DMR technology and presented in IMAX(R) 3D. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create "a unique immersive environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie."
    Shocktillyoudrop

It's a shame that, where I live there aren't IMAX theatres.

Comment

its a shame i still dun give a shit about the RE films

Comment

Not bad.

I live in New York; there's IMAX theaters left and right, everywhere.

So I might give THIS Resident Evil movie crap an IMAX theatre check perhaps.
        Last edited by ElusionM; 05-13-2010, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Well, here in Brazil there are only two IMAX theaters, the good thing is that one is in my city.
          I won't miss it if is shown here.
          Does what I said make any sense? I don't know if I wrote it right.
          Last edited by padamibr; 05-14-2010, 02:45 AM.

Comment

^ Yeah, it makes sense.

Whoo! Gratuitous amounts of cheese in 3D!

I don't mind that at all.

Comment

I must just be twisted, but I don't get the appeal of 3D movies. Sure, they are pretty cool from time to time, but my cheap side just has trouble parting with the extra $6 or so dollars it typically costs to see something with a little extra "OOHHH AAHHHH!" factor.

I saw Avatar in 3D and yeah, it was cool, but I think I would have enjoyed it just the same in the regular showing.

As for Resident Evil being in 3D...Meh, I could take it or leave it.

|AA|
              sigpic

Comment

3D is just a gimmick to me. For some films, it can actually make the quality of the film worse if the 3D was just thrown in after, and not actually made for 3D. With Clash of the Titans 3D, you could barely see what was going on at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                  I must just be twisted, but I don't get the appeal of 3D movies. Sure, they are pretty cool from time to time, but my cheap side just has trouble parting with the extra $6 or so dollars it typically costs to see something with a little extra "OOHHH AAHHHH!" factor.

I saw Avatar in 3D and yeah, it was cool, but I think I would have enjoyed it just the same in the regular showing.

As for Resident Evil being in 3D...Meh, I could take it or leave it.

|AA|
                  There are still many people that do not see the appeal of 3D movies, myself included. Except, I do not think of it as "cool" or even remotely interesting. I see it as pathetic. Hollywood and the many other industries climbing aboard the 3D train have only proved the true depth of their medium is falling short. Storytelling doesn't matter. It's all about presentation, and I find that superficial and worthless. IMAX has never caught my interest, either, though I'm willing to accept a gigantic screen over lame shit popping out at me.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                    There are still many people that do not see the appeal of 3D movies, myself included. Except, I do not think of it as "cool" or even remotely interesting. I see it as pathetic. Hollywood and the many other industries climbing aboard the 3D train have only proved the true depth of their medium is falling short. Storytelling doesn't matter. It's all about presentation, and I find that superficial and worthless. IMAX has never caught my interest, either, though I'm willing to accept a gigantic screen over lame shit popping out at me.
                    Well said, I completely agree.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I predict that a quarter of the sales will be IMAX paid for by young male teens for one reason, and one reason only...

Comment

Oh crikey...I hadn't even considered that. Milla's contractual muff shot in 3-D. Suddenly, I know terror like never before...

Comment

Oh yeah, well just remember there are CLONES of Alice. By now it's probably a contractual multi-muffs (is that even a word) shot probably.

Comment

...bleach. We're gonna need to drink a whole lotta bleach.

Comment

Wow, I get my new laptop and finally return to this news?

...God, you have answered my prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X