No announcement yet.

Capcom CEO Talks About Resident Evil With Nikkei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't see a point about the complaining for one they making the game no matter why we like it or not so either way Idon't think they aren't going to stop so....why the big deal with the complaining?
    Last edited by ZodiarkEclipes; 06-07-2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Based on how they milked the hell out of RE4 (GCN,PS2,Wii,PC, iPhone, Zeebo, iPad, etc.) me thinks that this is the year when they'll start milking RE5 a heck lot more.

Basically, they might release something for the iPhone/iPad.

Why not PSP? I dunno... but it's the impression I get from the gaming companies that they have little faith on said portable system. That GTA game that was suppose to do better on the PSP than on the DS, actually did worse in sales. Then you got that the handheld market lost 42 billion dlls between 2008 & 2009 due to piracy (it's a huge problem). Third party support has been crappy as a result. Lack of faith? Maybe.

Then you got this article from Kotaku which doesn't help much:

except:
      Should I buy a PSP now? No, don't buy one right now. There are a lot of very good games available for the PSP, but if you could live without one this long, you should at least hold off until it is more clear just when the successor to the PSP will be released. While it may seem that the DS and PSP are in the same spot — old systems waiting to be replaced with new tech — the PSP has sadly gained the reputation of being a faded system with too few major new games being announced for it. Hold off, unless you have lots of money to burn
      I really hope that Capcom releases an RE game for PSP (since I think it was something they had sorta promised years ago). I mean, it's a title many ppl have been asking for their handheld of choice. But this late in the game? I dunno.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

I hope they add new characters to Versus and Reunion. Thats all I care for at the moment.

Comment

no more RE5 please.. i enjoyed the game.. but still pissed with the story

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            Based on how they milked the hell out of RE4 (GCN,PS2,Wii,PC, iPhone, Zeebo, iPad, etc.) me thinks that this is the year when they'll start milking RE5 a heck lot more.

Basically, they might release something for the iPhone/iPad.

Why not PSP? I dunno... but it's the impression I get from the gaming companies that they have little faith on said portable system. That GTA game that was suppose to do better on the PSP than on the DS, actually did worse in sales. Then you got that the handheld market lost 42 billion dlls between 2008 & 2009 due to piracy (it's a huge problem). Third party support has been crappy as a result. Lack of faith? Maybe.

Then you got this article from Kotaku which doesn't help much:

except:

I really hope that Capcom releases an RE game for PSP (since I think it was something they had sorta promised years ago). I mean, it's a title many ppl have been asking for their handheld of choice. But this late in the game? I dunno.
            I don't care about Kotaku... the ability to play PS1 classics on PSP is priceless.

Comment

What happened to the possible RE game on the Wii? Personally I could care less about the PSP.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryler View Post
                no more RE5 please.. i enjoyed the game.. but still pissed with the story
                We already know that

The hell, it seems like capcom is aiming to make RE games in wii. And never a fan of hand held games except pokemon.
                Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  What happened to the possible RE game on the Wii? Personally I could care less about the PSP.
                  They blew their chances of that when they released a sequel to UC (another on-rails shooter) instead of making the remakes or proper RE game that every Wii was expecting to get on said console since RE4 Wii Edition came out.

Kawata had expressed his desire to make remakes of past RE games and then there was talk within Capcom about UC being merely a test. When DSC turned out to be just another on-rails game (a genre that barely anybody likes outside of a Chuck-E-Cheese joint) that basically made most RE fans on Wii to give up on ever seeing a proper RE game on their console. As a result, DSC didn't get the support that UC did... because what was the point? If it gets any support then we'll get another sequel. And then another one and another one.

Nah... they blew it on the Wii.

I think it's time they try to deliver on the PSP. It's about time they do.
                  Last edited by Pikminister; 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think I'm ready to buy a PSP yet.
                    Even If It's a Major RE title.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
                      I don't think I'm ready to buy a PSP yet.
                      Even If It's a Major RE title.
                      That's exactly how I feel.
                      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        They blew their chances of that when they released a sequel to UC (another on-rails shooter) instead of making the remakes or proper RE game that every Wii was expecting to get on said console since RE4 Wii Edition came out.
                        When the rumors were spinning for what would be at Captivate (MvsC3, BC:R2, etc.), one of the titles that kept popping up on the otherwise 100% accurate lists of titles that ended up being featured at Captivate 2010 was "Resident Evil Wii." If memory serves me right, the person who said there'd be REWii there ended up saying it got pushed back (presumably E3).

It was only a filthy rumor, but the fact that all the other titles that were suggested by the same person turned out to be there (including two, at the time, unannounced/unrevealed titles) lends some credibility to it... Just sayin'... Guess we'll know at E3!

Comment

^ That person must have been extremely lucky, because that rumour actually came from a post from early 2009 if I recall.

Comment

Like winning the lottery and hitting the bullseye with your eyes closed! At once!

Comment

Well, I'm extremely hoping it is not some shameful attempt to merge the Resident Evil Game Universe with the Resident Evil Movie Universe. I could see Capcom doing something stupid like that in some meager to combine their cash cows. *shudders at the thought* Alice in the games (be it her own game or something stupid like an introduction into Resident Evil 5's Mercenaries) would be nothing short of horrible.

I, personally, think its going to be a game which focuses its time between the events of CODE: Veronica and Resident Evil 5. The main story of the game will be when Rebecca introduced Chris to steroids, and Chris must beat up school children for their lunch money in order to feed the addiction! Ah, yes, I can see it now...A game in which the protagonist attacks school children to feed a steroid addiction...

|AA|
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X