Keiji Inafune: Resident Evil Revelations and 3DS Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by padamibr View Post
    Have you guys seeing this? http://community.livejournal.com/son...142866#t142866
    It's a transcript of the trailer. Sounds interesnting.
    Do you think that Wesker got picked up by a ship after the fall?

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this game. My only beef is that it is way to pretty to be on something as small as a handheld.

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
      Just make the damn game multi-platform, please Capcom!

The PS3 already has 3D games, so why can't they stick it on there too?

This constant switching of platforms by the franchise has gotten very tiresome. It's an unfair exploitation of a loyal fanbase. I'll probably end up buying one, then a few months later they'll announce it's gonna be released on other consoles too...
      I have to agree with this. The only thing more annoying is when a game is announced for one system to ultimately come out on another.
      Last edited by veronesis; 06-19-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        You could always just, you know, not buy it?
        NOOOOO IT CARRIES THE RESIDENT EVIL NAME WE WILL HAVE TO BUY MULTIPLE VERSIONS!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
        Do you think that Wesker got picked up by a ship after the fall?
        Yes, they will revive him and he has makeup sex with Jill and Alex. THE END.

Comment

Originally posted by veronesis View Post
          I'm really looking forward to this game. My only beef is that it is way to pretty to be on something as small as a handheld.

I have to agree with this. The only thing more annoying is when a game is announced for one system to ultimately come out on another.
          That's not always the case, though. I mean, how long was the wait before REmake and RE Zero made it to another console?

[2002]---2003---2004---2005---2006---2007----[2008 in Japan]

According to Inafune, the 3DS game is going to take advantage of the technlogy said system offers and in fact will be totally developed with the 3DS in mind... I think the chances that Revelations stays on the 3DS for a big chunk of time, is rather good.

That is, unless Sony comes up with a 3D PSP2 system.

There is a good chance of that too because based on what Capcom-Europe's (and former Sony Europe boss) David Reeves said.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, the Capcom Europe exec said that Sony needs to launch a new handheld console in order to compete with Nintendo.

"It's an exciting time and you could possibly have two handhelds coming out within months or a year of each other," he told the website.

"Sony tried to make the transition with PSPgo, I think that changed some consumers attitudes, but they need to come back with something on PSP pretty quickly to stay in the game because Nintendo are s**t hot at getting these things right. And they always get these things right."

Rumors suggested that the PSP2 would be unveiled at this year's E3, but no such announcement has been made.
          And we know Sony always seems to follow Ninty's lead on certain things... Right? So a 3D PSP2 may happen.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
            NOOOOO IT CARRIES THE RESIDENT EVIL NAME WE WILL HAVE TO BUY MULTIPLE VERSIONS!!!!!!!!!
            That is kinda funny. 'Cause it's true. People start complaining if it goes multi too (Gotta catch 'em all!)

Comment

I just wish they would standardise the gaming format, I don't have to buy a new DVD player every time i buy a new movie, why should I have to buy a new console?

Comment

According to Inafune, the 3DS game is going to take advantage of the technlogy said system offers and in fact will be totally developed with the 3DS in mind...
                They always say that about an exclusive game. "It's been designed specifically for the said system". It won't stop them from porting it later. And in this case it might not be true anyway... There's no word from Capcom but a lot of people are presuming this was the game previously being developed for the PSPgo. Someone here already said that the 3D effects can be switched off.
                I don't know much about this 3DS thingy but I'm not sure how impressive 3D will be on a hand held, anyway.

OMG Look!!!
                A tiny little monster appears to be coming out of the tiny little screen on my tiny little hand held console!
                OOOooo that was scary!
                Yup, that was radical dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  That's not always the case, though. I mean, how long was the wait before REmake and RE Zero made it to another console?
                  I wasn't really clear enough, my mistake. I meant more in the way that Resident Evil 4 was announced for the PS2 and was ultimately dumped in favor of the Gamecube. The 3DS title is likely another example of this. It was part of the reason I bought a PSP years ago when they first announced a Resident Evil PSP game, along with that Devil May Cry PSP game and a slew of others. So yeah its a little annoying but I'll live

OMG Look!!!
                  A tiny little monster appears to be coming out of the tiny little screen on my tiny little hand held console!
                  OOOooo that was scary!
                  Yeah that's a little bit of a concern. SH Origins wasn't exactly scary either in that way.
                  Last edited by veronesis; 06-20-2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
                    Yes, they will revive him and he has makeup sex with Jill and Alex. THE END.
                    and was talking about his fall in the Spencer State with Jill, not about his death

Comment

Yeah that's a little bit of a concern. SH Origins wasn't exactly scary either in that way.
                      Disagree, it just had to be played in the right conditions.

They always say that about an exclusive game. "It's been designed specifically for the said system".
                      The exact same was said for Resident Evil PSP and the PSP Go.

Comment

They always say that about an exclusive game. "It's been designed specifically for the said system". It won't stop them from porting it later.
                        You're talking about when a game was designed to take advantage of a specific consoles so-called power and graphical capabilities. That was the excuse used in the case of CV (before the PS2 hit the shelves) and RE4. There was really nothing in those games that made it impossible to port them to another console that had similar capabilities. So yeah, they got ported to another console. In this case, Inafune was pretty clear that Revelations was designed around the concept of being played in 3D. I doubt that he's merely talking about the game looking in 3D. Because that novelty would wear off ten minutes in if there was nothing affecting the gameplay. We won't know for sure until we see the game in action.

Something to think about... If the 3D element is not really having any real effect on the gameplay of Revelations, then it would make more sense for them to release it simultaneously on the 3DS and PSP. But the fact that they are only releasing it on the 3DS and are hyped over creating it on that system to make use of said 3D technology, makes me think that the 3D element is playing a big part of the gameplay and thus it's more likely for this game to be released in some form as a 3D title on the PS3 than on the PSP. Sure, Capcom can't ignore the demand of a RE game for the PSP. But so far... they have.

EDIT: Here's a recent news bit that may make things clear in regards to the graphical power of the 3DS....

Nintendo 3DS Graphics Chip Revealed, Specifications

Japanese tech company Digital Media Professionals will be providing the graphics chip for Nintendo's new handheld.

See the Chip in action with this video:
                        YouTube video:

•Frame buffer: Maximum 4095x4095 pixels
                        •Pixel format: RGBA4444, RGB565, RGBA5551, RGBA8888
                        •Vertex program (ARB_vertex_program)
                        •Render to texture
                        •Mipmap
                        •Bilinear texture filtering
                        •Alpha blending
                        •Full-scene antialiasing (2x2)
                        •Polygon offset
                        •8-bit stencil buffer
                        •24-bit depth buffer
                        •Single/Double/Triple buffer
                        •Vertex performance: Maximum 15.3M polygons/sec (at 200MHz)
                        •Pixel performance: Maximum 800M pixels/sec (at 200MHz)
                        •DMP MAESTRO technology: per-pixel lighting, procedural texture, refraction mapping, subdivision primitive, shadow, gaseous object rendering.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180008
                        Last edited by Pikminister; 06-21-2010, 02:17 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

^ i don't know what all that techie mumbo-jumbo underneath is, but if that's what the 3DS is gonna look like, then that's impressive looking for a handheld console.

Comment

^Actually..... That GPU is 4 Years Old (2006)

Comment

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
                              ^Actually..... That GPU is 4 Years Old (2006)
                              And still younger than some of the GPU's in next gen consoles presently out there in the wild.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X