No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations Debut Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sound like a piss take of Steve Irwin (R.I.P)

Anyway we should all just stop guessing and wait for more from Capcom, the ideas floating around here are getting silly, and I think we will all feel stupid when the truth comes out about this game and its not as special as we had thought the story.

Wait and see ppl, wait and see..

Comment

• ^^^ What do we do while we wait?

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        Since Capcom's voice work is done in LA and Canada, it could be that they got an American/Canadian actor to play an Aussie. Thus the accent is off and doesn't sound right to a real Australian.

It's like Carlos Oliveira's fake latin accent.
        Either of them could do the accent, hell Robin Atkin Downes got it right (although, tiniest bit stereotypical but correct for the most-part) in Syphon Filter - Logan's Shadow. A Canadian VA due to the pronunciation differences, would be more likely to sound Australian than the American VA if their vowel pronunciation was different such as "A" was pronounced as "Ah". Using my own name as an example would be instead of "A-lice-" it's "Ahlice" here.

Carlos' one was ridiculous, though with the older VAs it wasn't surprising to have bad choices then - though with better castings now, it's just a tad annoying that it seems to be so damn difficult to differentiate the accents OR to get someone to do it right as it really isn't that hard instead of going for the over-the-top stereotypical shit.

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
        It sound like a piss take of Steve Irwin (R.I.P)

Anyway we should all just stop guessing and wait for more from Capcom, the ideas floating around here are getting silly, and I think we will all feel stupid when the truth comes out about this game and its not as special as we had thought the story.

Wait and see ppl, wait and see..
        Somewhat Donni, but it doesn't even sound close at all to me.
        Just going to continue irking me... anyway, that sounds just about right about the game itself though.
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• The villian is Australian? Just sounds English to me.

Comment

• As an Australian, I didn't think Australian when I first heard the accent.
            Still can't really hear it...
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
              The villian is Australian? Just sounds English to me.
              That's what I said quite loudly when I first read that staff post.
              Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
              As an Australian, I didn't think Australian when I first heard the accent.
              Still can't really hear it...
              Thank you Gene, I really can't see how that's supposed to be Australian... not even stereotypical Australian...
              sigpic
              Non-blurry Signature Version
              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Looks like Revelations has gave some new fresh air to speculate and discuss more on Resident Evil again. Something to be pleased about with a nice interesting title (since post Resident Evil 4 for me) to see how this will shape up.

Also that guy sounds like Steve Blum giving a New Zealand accent to me.

Comment

• I wonder if we'll be able to swim like DC and DMC.
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Also that guy sounds like Steve Blum giving a New Zealand accent to me.
                    "Your clone army wull be butter thun fush un chups!" (Jango Fett, Star Wars)

Comment

• Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                      The villian is Australian? Just sounds English to me.
                      It's not confirmed to be australian, it was just the Capcom-Unity people joking about the accent.

Comment

• Sounded like just another yank to me >_>

Comment

• I thought he sounded American with a touch of English, like Wesker. Not saying it is Wesker and I hope to god it isn't but yeah.

Comment

• it's Jango Fett! there lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
                              it's Jango Fett! there lol
                              Jango was in a similar situation...

YouTube video:

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• This accent is bugging me.At first I thought it sounded australian but now that I have heard it a few times it almost sounds like a London accent, especially when he says "your already...". Could just be me though. Its probably an attempt at an english accent by an american or canadian any ways.

I dont know why I'm so interested in this haha its hardly the most important aspect of the trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X