No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations Debut Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If HUNK appears in this game, we'll finally have confirmation that they flushed the last lingering bits of interesting storytelling down the toilet to turn the series into a fanwank festival.

Comment

But if that guy is Hunk at least we'll see what happened to him. Capcom is always adding lots of characters in the series but only a few have their conclusion.
      Characters like Rebecca, Barry, Sherry, Steve... They are all missing. Rebecca, well, ok maybe she gave up of fighting against Umbrellas and Tricells, but Barry's epilogue says he was going to join his friends again. Sherry, well, I would love to see what happened to her, she is a great character with a great background. And Steve... Wesker promised Claire she would probably see him back to life just as he did. That would be very nice too.

We always complained that Capcom never listened to the fans. Now they do, so we cannot complain too much now. Ok, they listen to the fans but always mess up with the story, but something has happened at last. The fans keep the series alive so it's a good thing they are now listen to the people who are always researching and debating about Resident Evil.
      http://www.residentevildatabase.com
      Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Has anyone mentioned the possibility it could be Alex "The Fugitive" Wesker?

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

lol its confusing alright, but good. Maybe I'll buy the game if it comes out for 360 or Wii.

Comment

Y'know, after listening to the trailer a few times, and I'm probably wrong here, but ChairMan sounds a little bit like Steve Blum, albeit with a bit of an accent, as opposed to Jim Ward (i.e: Krauser).

Also, I stick with my belief that this is set prior to RE5, hence Jill having brown hair, and Chris's BSAA attire being what he used in LIN. Most likely this will be a way of leading up to the Spencer Estate incident, or will at least be a stand alone mission of sorts.
            Last edited by L-e-W; 06-22-2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Maybe the guy in the chair is merely the captain of the boat... a new character maybe?

It doesn't have to be someone we know.

Just sayin'
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L-e-W View Post
                sounds a little bit like Steve Blum
                Mr. CloseUp could actually be Steve Blum... but w/accent, as you say + he's probably doing Wolverine's voice for Marvel vs Capcom 3, so he's surely at least doing one new project with Capcom right now (he previously, for Capcom, at least did the voice of Super Joe in Bionic Commando)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  Mr. CloseUp could actually be Steve Blum... but w/accent, as you say + he's probably doing Wolverine's voice for Marvel vs Capcom 3, so he's surely at least doing one new project with Capcom right now (he previously, for Capcom, at least did the voice of Super Joe in Bionic Commando)
                  He's done a few things for Capcom in the past. He was also Greg in Degeneration. And yes, he is voicing Wolverine in MvC3.

Much like the previous Versus games, which saw the voice actors from the 90s X-Men cartoon reprise their roles for their respective characters, Capcom is using the voice actors from the most recent incarnations of the various characters in MvC3.

So, Steve Blum is voicing Wolverine (Wolverine and the X-Men, Hulk Vs. Wolverine, both X-Men Legends games, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance), Nolan North is voicing Deadpool (Hulk Vs. Wolverine), Roger Craig Smith is voicing Chris Redfield, Reuben Langdon is voicing Dante, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Queen View Post
                    But if that guy is Hunk at least we'll see what happened to him. Capcom is always adding lots of characters in the series but only a few have their conclusion.
                    Guy's had like five lines throughout the whole series. And besides "steal this" and "deliver that", there are no reasons not to have killed him off years ago (unless they were going to star him in a game around the release of C:V, which his unwarranted popularity among gas mask fetishists certainly would have made possible).

Originally posted by L-e-W View Post
                    Also, I stick with my belief that this is set prior to RE5, hence Jill having brown hair, and Chris's BSAA attire being what he used in LIN. Most likely this will be a way of leading up to the Spencer Estate incident, or will at least be a stand alone mission of sorts.
                    The whole story would be pretty pointless if set before RE5, seeing how much of the tension comes from the "who will survive?/who betrays whom?" thing this time around.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• I think its after RE5 just because she has brown hair again doesnt mean she didnt just dye it back. I want more closure on the Chris and Jill story and anything before RE5 is just pointless because it wouldnt really be closure.

Comment

• It's funny ppl talking about the hair and they seem to ignore how Chris arms look human in this game.
                        sigpic

Comment

• ^ They are the same as in RE5, the longer sleeves of his alternate BSAA uniform are deceiving your eyes. And it's not like his arms were extremely huge in RE5, either.

Wait, why are we talking about Chris' arms? lolz

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                            ^ They are the same as in RE5, the longer sleeves of his alternate BSAA uniform are deceiving your eyes. And it's not like his arms were extremely huge in RE5, either.

Wait, why are we talking about Chris' arms? lolz

Maybe I need to see the trailer in more detail but the biceps look mo' normal in the 3DS game (his whole upper body does).

What do you think? Steroids or no steroids?
                            sigpic

Comment

• The trailer isn't that confusing, but nobody should be jumping the gun just yet.
                              I'd rather know HOW the game is going to be played over what the fucking story is.
                              Resident Evil Storytelling has fained away with Resident Evil 4. But I thank Capcom for making Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles, and making Lost in Nightmares. Resident Evil is still for the fans, and this game proves it.

The ship is probably one VERY small part of the game, and probably the opening interaction, and most likely just Capcom making fun of themselves or a blatant laugh at Gaiden, the ONLY portable Resident Evil, this is the second. "Seriously? Another ship?"

-It's set before RE5 and Lost in Nightmares. Jill is a brunette still and the BSAA is still looking for Wesker, this is their closest lead...
                              -Hunk. The main "villain" of this game. He's the last surviving Umbrella contact that hasn't been ransacked by the Government or killed by BOWs. He's the ultimate survivor. Nothing has been said about Hunk for awhile and he's such a mystery. A perfect character for a "Revelation".
                              -The whole Chris vs Jill bullshit is probably just Chris keeping information to protect her, or Chris' brain is being controlled. lol

Comment

• UNFUCKINGBELEAVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW just WOW, I woke up today to find the video on magicbox. and WOW I nearly cryed, I can't count how many times ive watched it

I can't beleave that is a handheld running those graphics! HOLY SHIT!

I shocked! That's it im getting a 3DS (like as if I was'nt going to anyway) but this is proof that I will be!

10 outa 10 Capcom

P.S. Am I the only one who noticed an Aussie accent on the "Chris" in chair? Yikes we are popping up everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                                X