No announcement yet.

"Biohazard: Survival Door" Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this game uninteresting and pointless. Never gonna play it.
    I don't even get surprised if this game never became avaliable outside Japan.

Comment

I agree with Davi, this game looks totally pointless.

About RE Genesis, it's an interesting game though, and the files are very interesting, especially because they are somehow related to the Trevor Family. Could we consider most of the files from Genesis as canon?
      http://www.residentevildatabase.com
      Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
        Speaking of mobile games, who did Confidential Report? (Surely someone on the Japan side of things, since I recall it being out Japanese only for quite some time)

It's actually one of the few mobile games that kinda seems like it's a proper game and actually worth a look.
        U can have a read of my findings on the confidential report series in two editorials.

and

please note there are a lof of interesting theories in these and u mite find it a good read.

At The Red Queen: The Genesis files are semi canon, the new ones will be in the timeline but with a disclaimer

Thanks a lot Prime Blue, some great info there! Project Umbrella will be updated with this information!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Queen View Post
          Could we consider most of the files from Genesis as canon?
          It really only depends on your standards: If you consider files from non-Japanese sources canon, then yes, they are acceptable (if they do not contradict anything). Though personally, I think these materials should be disregarded, seeing how they are unlikely to have been endorsed by the series' main writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
            It amuses me greatly the sort of emotion something as irrelevant as a cellphone game most people here will never get to play manages to bring out of people.
            Truer words were never spoken.

Comment

Gosh! There's nothing more I love doing more when I'm out of the house than being glued to my cellphone all day long! iPHONE GAMES!!! WHOO HOOO!!!

Comment

It's not an iPhone game.

Comment

Maybe he know that Stu, and was just throwing randomly in the topic his love for Iphone games.
                  If it's not the case, you may just ruined the guy's sweet thought, haha.
                  Last edited by Davi Redfield; 07-12-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Some more information on the current CAPCOM teams: The individual production studios (such as Production Studio 4 which developed RE4) do not exist anymore. Instead, they were all merged into bigger departments, each developing different games.

The mobile games are made by the Mobile Content Development Department (MC開発部). There is also an Online Development Department (オンライン開発部), Arcade Development Department (店舗開発部), and a department working on pachislot games called P&S Business (P&S事業統括). The development for home console games is being made in the Planning Section (企画制作室, translates to Planning and Works Production Section). Producers are employed at the R&D Strategic Planning Department (編成部, translates to Organization Department) that decides which games to develop and assigns the personnel to individual development teams. I also read about an R&D Strategic Planning Section (編成室, translates to Organization Section) though I think they are the same and CAPCOM uses both terms interchangeably. The actual development of home console and PC games is carried out by the Production Department (制作部).

There are two additional support departments: The CS Quality Control Section (CS品質管理室) provides bug testing and marketing assistance, while the – strangly translated to the same though not the same – R&D Strategic Planning Section (編集室 / Editing Section) encompasses CAPCOM's in-house localization team.

Outside of the game development process, there are also the Marketing Department and the Sales Department (both self-explanatory) and a department called Character Contents Business (キャラクター・コンテンツ事業統括) which handles licensing intellectual property stuff, merchandise, and movies based on their game series. I think that about sums it up.

Sources:
                    Developer Interview 2008
                    Developer Interview 2009
                    Annual Report 2009
                    Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

The production studios thingy was dropped many years ago. They have been mixing employees from various studios to create their games since.

Comment

Working...
                      X