Resident Evil 5 PS Move Patch Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 PS Move Patch Announcements

Sony have shared some details regarding the RE5 Playstation Move patch for the Japanese region.

The free online patch will be distributed for the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition in mid September, which will enable the game to be compatible with the PS Move, although Playstation Move itself won't be available until Oct 21st.

Sony will also be including the patch on PlayStation Move Omniverse, a demo disc it also announced today. This freebie will be given away to anyone who buys PlayStation Move, and selected Move software.

The game will be offered as part of the PlayStation Move Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Special Pack. Set for release on October 21, this ¥7,980 pack includes a copy of Gold Edition, a PlayStation Move controller and a PlayStation Eye.

Andriasang
    Last edited by xfactor; 07-06-2010, 09:51 PM.

When I was debating whether to buy gold or DLC, everyone told me to get DLC since the motion controls will be made via a patch for all versions of RE5.

Well? You guys in the forums here trick me? Sure sounds like motion control is only for the disc re-release of the Gold edition.

Comment

If it's only for the Gold Edition, that would be bullshit from Sony + Capcom. DLC owners would get screwed, and that's not cool; maybe if it was some timed exclusive it would be tolerable (barely), but so far it doesn't look like it...
      I'm not that mad because I don't own a PS3, but I don't think it's fair for all the owners of the original release.
      Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 07-07-2010, 02:56 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
        Well? You guys in the forums here trick me? Sure sounds like motion control is only for the disc re-release of the Gold edition.
        It sure is! HA at listening to forum members over Capcom!

Comment

Does anyone know of any real issue why Capcom can't add the patch to the download versions? Or is this a case of, 'We may make money with DLC but we don't have to like you. Scum.'

Comment

There's no doubt it's just a cynical move on their part really. If they patch in Move controls with older copies, Gold Edition serves no purpose to anyone other than the collectors. Capcom knows their market, they know there'll still be people that double-dip for Gold Edition just for the Move controls.

Most people that played RE4: Wii Edition will know it's worth it.

Comment

Ahhhh. So for three to six months this will only be for the Gold Edition to get plenty of sales out of that, and then they'll say they've 'listened to the fans' and bring it out for the DLC ones.

Fun.

Comment

haha yes! Hadn't even thought of that, and i'm usually quite quick to think of them using that line!

That WILL happen, guaranteed! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  Ahhhh. So for three to six months this will only be for the Gold Edition to get plenty of sales out of that, and then they'll say they've 'listened to the fans' and bring it out for the DLC ones.

Fun.
                  We have a winner!

Seriously though, who didn't expect this considering the Gold edition in japan with the motion details back at TGS a while ago? I thought everyone considered that to be the norm.
                  Last edited by Zombie Fred; 07-08-2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    Does anyone know of any real issue why Capcom can't add the patch to the download versions? Or is this a case of, 'We may make money with DLC but we don't have to like you. Scum.'
                    Disc vs HDD should've been fairly easy to separate. Assuming that the latest version update for the game identifies itself as "v1.3" (or whatever it is now) and just searches for DLC "on disc" before it evt. looks elsewhere (HDD) for it. But I guess the game probably just has everything hardcoded instead, with direct paths and no room for alternatives... I guess they'd need two different patches instead of one universal one. (+GOLD/AE patches don't need to have all the DLC data in them, like vanilla did with Versus, Figures, DLC chars, etc.)

Capcom not wanting to handle two different Update Patches for the game is certainly a possibility (despite the announcement of PSN+, I've not heard anything about PSN actually changing on the publisher/developer end, which means that they'd probably still have to shell out the bills for two different patches, one considerably larger than the other).

Stack this with how the DLC approach to the expansion content was mainly a US/EU thing and I guess we've got all the assets in place for why Capcom Japan might not be bothering with two patches...

Ultimately, if we wanna point fingers, I guess Sony should be slapped a little too, for not having Move ready for launch back then. As everyone were pretty much sure it'd be there almost Day 1 (and post-Move delay; sure that everything would be already prepared for Move launch).

The thing I'm curious about is whether or not the AE/GOLD version updated to feature Move support means no multiplayer with non-AE/GOLD owners... that'd be pretty stupid if happened... and if it did, they'd have to split the leaderboards between Move version and regular version too... I don't think that would happen... PS3 owners probably shouldn't give up hope + hop on over to Capcom and ask for a patch for the original version too

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      There's no doubt it's just a cynical move on their part really. If they patch in Move controls with older copies, Gold Edition serves no purpose to anyone other than the collectors. Capcom knows their market, they know there'll still be people that double-dip for Gold Edition just for the Move controls.

Most people that played RE4: Wii Edition will know it's worth it.
                      I got it the last week. Definitly Agree, It is a new experience compared to the other types of control

Comment

Well I'm just impressed they bothered to go back to an older game and patch it to work with the new control system is Kinect doing anything like that cause I genuinely didn't see this coming as a patch I figured it's be like RE4 and a re-re-release afterall RE4 GCN plays on a Wii but not with Wii controls obviously. Although as you guys have already pointed out it sucks if they don't let the DLC gamers get the patch . . .
                        sigpic

Comment

They'll be shipping Move pre-patched Gold Editions later in the year.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                            Well I'm just impressed they bothered to go back to an older game and patch it to work with the new control system is Kinect doing anything like that cause I genuinely didn't see this coming as a patch I figured it's be like RE4 and a re-re-release afterall RE4 GCN plays on a Wii but not with Wii controls obviously. Although as you guys have already pointed out it sucks if they don't let the DLC gamers get the patch . . .
                            Nothing will be done with Kinect in terms of anything related to motion controls for Resident Evil 5, and I am sure you wont have to wait too long as I am sure they will put it on the original edition, "after they have sold some gold edition copies for some time" to get a boost in sales.

Comment

Nice I can't wait to see what the combo packs look like, I will have to buy it for the boxart and the move of corse Saddly playasia has no photos of the move/bio5 combo yet..

Comment

Working...
                              X