Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition PS Move Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition PS Move Update

The official playstation blog have announced that all copies of Resident Evil 5 Gold edition on store shelve after the launch of the ps move will come with the patch on the disc. In other words, you won't need to get online and install the patch if you get the game after the ps move releases.

For those who already have the gold edition of the game, you can download the patch at a later date.

Official PS Blog
    Last edited by xfactor; 07-27-2010, 05:07 AM.

So are they gonna recall ALL the unsold copies of the regular gold edition to restock only the PS Move versions? I don't think that'll be instantly reliable I'd say it'll take a month or so at least after the release for all the older copies to be out of circulation unless they do so which really costly. So does it clearly state "compatible with PS Move" on the box? Otherwise how are you gonna tell? . . .
    sigpic

Comment

Meh might as well hold out to get that version if I'm going to try move.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
        So are they gonna recall ALL the unsold copies of the regular gold edition to restock only the PS Move versions? I don't think that'll be instantly reliable I'd say it'll take a month or so at least after the release for all the older copies to be out of circulation unless they do so which really costly. So does it clearly state "compatible with PS Move" on the box? Otherwise how are you gonna tell? . . .

The Gold Edition was discontinued almost immediatly after release in many countries. Sven on Capcom Unity said a while ago they will do something to distinguish pre-patched versions when I asked about it.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Move compatible games (in general) will have a specific Compatible with /\/ PlayStation Move text on them, so I guess any reprints of Gold Edition w/Move Support will have that text on it.

Comment

I'm not sure how common the game was in the US, but original release European stocks were very low. The game took me six or seven weeks to get imported from the UK due to low stocks. The release here on PS3 totaled only a couple of hundred copies nationwide, and they sold out straight away.

Comment

Every major gamestore in my area ie Falkirk/Stirling/Glasgow has had copies of Gold Edition for both PS3 and 360 and that was in the last week . . .
              sigpic

Comment

I just got my Gold Edition UK Version with the Move Logo all over it and it turns out that it is not working with the US Save-File I have on my PS3. This sucks, because I have to unlock stuff , that I unlocked ages ago. On the other hand I started playing the game with the move controls and I must admit , it gives it a whole new spin. It is more tense then the original game and it is also quite hard. I don't know if sometimes I am to slow but, when in a cutscene I am supposed to move the move controller quickly to the side, I think it might not react , cause I died twice on that.
                What also is fun for me to check out is to see from what point I get to play Desperate Escape and Lost In Nightmares. Now that I actually have the game twice, I might be able to get the last trohies of the game, allthough how I will manage to beat Desperate Escape on Pro is a mystery to me.

Comment

Working...
                X