Resident Evil: Afterlife "Behind The Scene" Promo Video & Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Afterlife "Behind The Scene" Promo Video & Interview

There's a new "Behind the Scenes (Promo)" video clip for Resident Evil: Afterlife on IGN. It mainly features some of the casts hyping the movie, and some production works behind the movie.

IGN - Resident Evil: Afterlife Movie Behind the Scenes (Promo)

There's also an interview with Paul Anderson over at Fangoria, who seems to have confirmed that the Majini in this movie is actually the mutated and evolved version of the T-virus zombies.

Fangoria - “RESIDENT EVIL”: Conversations from the “AFTERLIFE”

Reading the Fangoria interview here... So according to Paul, a bunch of forest fires is what destroyed LA (in dah future)... I guess it makes sense that the "asphalt jungle" goes down in flames. Sure beats being destroyed by aliens (again).

Hmmm... Paul also seems to think that the Majini (his version of it) are evolved zombies. Amusing read.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
      Reading the Fangoria interview here... So according to Paul, a bunch of forest fires is what destroyed LA (in dah future)... I guess it makes sense that the "asphalt jungle" goes down in flames. Sure beats being destroyed by aliens (again).

Hmmm... Paul also seems to think that the Majini (his version of it) are evolved zombies. Amusing read.

Well at this point in the movie series it would be retarded to add in another virus to be the cause of them.

Comment

Yes, in the movies. He seems to be thinking this is how it is in the games too. Which explains a lot, really.

Comment

The story gets more and more retarded...

Comment

Originally posted by Karui View Post
            The story gets more and more retarded...
            What more can be said.

Comment

Unbelievable, but I guess it's not unexpected coming from Anderson. I can't understand that he may of played through 5 without touching a damn file; but purposely altering the lore and the specifications which make up the Majini, tsk tsk.

Once again, I have these sort of discussions with a fan of only the movies and not the games, trying to convince him why alterations like this tarnish the name of the franchise amongst a casual audience. So I can't have a logical exchange about the plot, anyways.

AFTERLIFE has been very influenced by the imagery from the last game: the creatures, Majini, the Executioner undead… Also, the boat was a big part of that game, so we’ve kind of taken a lead, production-design-wise, from them. And Wesker. I thought some of the fight choreography from the last game was very, very strong, so we’ve taken a lot of that and shot it for this movie.
              And once again, probably only concerned with "imagery" and not content;While I do respect trying to replicate some of the intensive Wesker fights scene-for-scene, for anything else, I can imagine him skipping forward to the most showy cutscenes in the game and telling production to pop out something similar.

Comment

Honestly? It feels like some gave him a two hour long disc with all the cutscenes from RE games on it, and that's his knowledge of the series. Which isn't exactly shocking, all things considered.

Comment

It's his producing partner Jeremy Bolt who is the real asshole however.

"I know for a fact {the videogame} RE5 was set in a hot location because of the desert setting in Afterlife."

His exact words, even though RE5 began pre-production over two years before Afterlife came out.

I can't stand the man.
                  "I've got 100 cows."
                  "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I've only just now watched my first trailer for the movie...

I can't believe I'm actually pretty excited about it.
                    I'm expecting it to be shit, so I can't be disappointed but it might be 'ok'. I'm just looking forward to seeing the Executioner and other game references, some dumb-ass action, hopefully some nice effects and maybe a look at Milla's ass...

I'll be waiting for the blue ray, though. (I've already got the BR trilogy box set)

Comment

Does Blu-ray make these films better?

I wonder if Howard the Duck is on Blu-Ray.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X