The More You Know : Zombies & Tyrant Were Once in Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The More You Know : Zombies & Tyrant Were Once in Resident Evil 5

"The Art of Resident Evil 5", a very special Resident Evil 5 art book has been out for a little while now and it's got some fascinating stuff in it. According to an article on Destructoid the book talks about how standard zombies, an old school Tyrant and even the famous hallucination scenario from Resident Evil 3.5 were once a part of Resident Evil 5. You can read their article at the link below. They promise a full review of the book soon with even more details on cut content.

Zombies and Tyrants in Resident Evil 5

*** Update ***

Destructoid have put up the promised full review of the book, you can read it at the link below for even more juicy details on the development of Resident Evil 5.

Destructoid's Art of Resident Evil 5 Review

*** End Update ***
    Last edited by A-J; 08-27-2010, 02:46 AM.

Pretty much knew the old zombies were in the game thanks to that very first trailer.

Had spent so long looking forward to a game where you'd find yourself pitted against zombies and Ganados (as we were still calling them then) that would turn on eachother as well as you. In fact a part of me played through the game wondered if it was still going to happen at some point.

But no.

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

I remember the first two points (the 3.5 thing I don't recall) and it's deffintely a moment of, 'Oh Capcom. Why not make your horror games horror instead of fighting in the already chock full action game market?'

Ah well.

Comment

All these were already revealed (the hallucinations in the VERY early interviews; and the latter two in the later interviews; I believe it was Takeuchi who mentioned all three himself).

What I don't get is, why the hell they scrapped all these amazing concepts.
          To this day, I still do not buy that "co-op was there since the beginning" bullshit lie.

The "original" designs of games is almost always the best, they shouldn't scrap it. Look at RE4 final. It sucks ass compared to what it could have been (although I agree that the haunted puppets was pretty lame).

Zombies, Tyrants, concepts scrapped, silly Capcom.

Btw, a lot more interesting concept is also revealed in that book with the early concepts of game designs and artwork. Resident Evil 5 is a great game, but it would have been a legendary if it stood to it's roots, or at least how it was originally portrayed in 2005 and even 2007.

Comment

Wasn't this old news though? the art of biohazard 5 has been out for quite some time now.

Comment

Yeah it's old news, doesn't hurt for a discussion though whilst the only "news" at the moment is trading cards and a film that people are gonna hate anyway.

Typing in colours makes me special

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                Wasn't this old news though? the art of biohazard 5 has been out for quite some time now.
                It's a dry season for new RE news

Comment

Yeah but the difference is the book has been re-released into English. It seems to have been delayed though as it was first due out on July 30th, then August 10th and still nothing.

Beta looks very cool though. Wesker still died, though he didn't mutate, he remained in human form and was blasted by rockets from a jet rather than two rocket launchers. The T-Virus wasn't released into Kijuju, it was a swarm of Lickers that infected everyone. Barry was considered to be Chris' partner at one point. Excella got killed by a Tyrant etc. It looks like very good stuff.

If only Capcom released all their art books in English...
                  "I've got 100 cows."
                  "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                    It's a dry season for new RE news
                    I can spoil the RE Afterlife movie plot on the day before it hits the theatre if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                      Yeah but the difference is the book has been re-released into English. It seems to have been delayed though as it was first due out on July 30th, then August 10th and still nothing.

Beta looks very cool though. Wesker still died, though he didn't mutate, he remained in human form and was blasted by rockets from a jet rather than two rocket launchers. The T-Virus wasn't released into Kijuju, it was a swarm of Lickers that infected everyone. Barry was considered to be Chris' partner at one point. Excella got killed by a Tyrant etc. It looks like very good stuff.

If only Capcom released all their art books in English...
                      Their recent art books are in English I believe. The various Street Fighters/Darkstalker/Megaman artbooks have been translated and released by Udon.

Comment

No more Resident Evil ones though unfortunately. Would be a pleasant surprise if the Darkside Chronicles one did though as that was arguably better than the RE5 one in terms of content.
                        "I've got 100 cows."
                        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                          I can spoil the RE Afterlife movie plot on the day before it hits the theatre if you want.

I'm gonna say no on that :p

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                            I'm gonna say no on that :p
                            so I assume you're going to watch the movie in the theatre then?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              and it's deffintely a moment of, 'Oh Capcom. Why not make your horror games horror instead of fighting in the already chock full action game market?'
                              Well put. Why should Capcom do what made Resident Evil original and great when they can make it be like all the other crap that is out there?

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                              Yeah it's old news, doesn't hurt for a discussion though whilst the only "news" at the moment is trading cards and a film that people are gonna hate anyway.
                              lol, so true.
                              Last edited by RetroRain; 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM.
                              My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                              X