Zombies Infect iOS Through Dead Rising Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombies Infect iOS Through Dead Rising Mobile

Capcom Japan have just announced a new Dead Rising title, which will be available for Ipod Touch/Iphone in Winter. It will be a 3D action game based on the first Dead Rising title, and players will have to pick up items scattered around the stage in order to deal with the endlessly attacking zombies.

Check out the link for screens:

andriasang

Am I the only one who thinks that Capcom is getting carried away with Dead Rising? It's not really THAT impressive. It's coming off now as "try-hard". They're trying their hardest to hype up this series and get everyone interested, but personally I could just flat out not give a fuck about it in the least. Needless to say, I never even played the first game. I liked the concept video of Dead Rising, when they first showed off the video of how it could be, but when I saw the direction they chose for the game, I was put off by it. But whatever. It seems these days Capcom keeps making stupid decisions. Good luck making Dead Rising take Resident Evil's place.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Capcom doesn't care anymore.
      sigpic
      www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

I understand that Resident Evil is what started the whole survival horror franchise but unfortunately its time has come and gone. Unless they do a reboot of the RE2 I don't ever see RE being anything great anymore. I loved and still do love playing all the older RE titles, but things just aren't the same anymore and it doesn't look like they will ever go back to the way stuff was. I mean RE4 and RE5 were fine but the only reason you could call them RE titles is because they had RE characters in them. If you sat down and played RE5 not knowing anything about the franchise you would never guess that it was a Resident Evil game.

All that being said I am a fan of the DeadRising games. I never really enjoyed open world video games until I played the original DeadRising. It refreshing, yet familiar at the same time. There isn't horror in it the same sense that you got when you didn't know the dogs were going to jump through the window in the RE1 but its a creepy sort of horror. The odds are stacked against you since its thousands and thousands of zombies against you, not to mention the psychopaths that you encounter throughout the game. What I also find appealing about the game is that it does have actual zombies in it. That is what made Resident Evil, well Resident Evil. DeadRising isn't trying to be RE its just what gaming has evolved to. The game even acknowledges its roots with different shops and stores named after RE characters. Its sucks to say but RE isn't whats relevant anymore. RE4 & RE5 were solid games (and don't get me wrong Lost in Nightmares gave me a high of nostalgia for a while) but the things that made us all love the RE franchise are gone. DeadRising shouldn't be judged as the replacement to RE but a reminder of how great it once was.

Comment

Resident Evil: Revelations looks to be going for a strong horror setting, everything I have seen of it from the first trailer to the very short gameplay segment points towards horror.

Comment

Working...
          X