RUMOR: Slant Six Working on Resident Evil Title for Capcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUMOR: Slant Six Working on Resident Evil Title for Capcom

A RUMOR have just surfaced on Kotaku who says that Capcom have enlisted the help of Slant Six to work on a team-based Resident Evil title, call "Resident Evil: Raccoon City".

Various hints suggest that the title will be for the Playstation 3 and XBox 360.

Slant Six Games writes on its official web site that it is currently in development on "an amazing new project" that is unannounced. That project is being developed in conjunction with a "new publishing partner on a world class franchise." Several Slant Six current and former employees list an unannounced "multiplayer action game" for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on their LinkedIn profiles.
    Kotaku
    Last edited by xfactor; 11-01-2010, 09:47 PM.

wow if it's true I can't wait for its announce. Seems fun, hopefully they keep this game old school.

Comment

I want to be optimistic but after Socom:Confrontation. let's hope it isn't complete shit or unplayable at launch.

Comment

Come on, baby, let it be about the fallen cops and soldiers in Raccoon City.

Comment

If we can get variety with a few modes, such as a more barebones Outbreak style with civvies and a more action-oriented special forces type thing then it could be promising.

Still I won't pay much attention to this.

Comment

I should not let it annoy me but just hearing another dev handling a RE game kinda kills my soul yea know?

But who knows, maybe this is what RE needs, sounds like a RE Online reboot might be coming our way?

Comment

If this is anything like the Outbreak games, this could be very promising. As it stands, however, until the rumor is confirmed, and more details are shown, I'll remain skeptical at best.

Comment

If this can be in the spirit of outbreak, utilising the technology and the network of console and PC play, then day one for sure.

Comment

Outbreak please! The name kinda implies that it's a team game in Raccoon City but you never know...

Comment

Hopefully will be nothing like the Outbreak games, if true.
                    Last edited by Dracarys; 11-02-2010, 07:56 AM.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

If it is a new Outbreak game than fine, but if it is full canon entry than shame on you Capcom
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Can Resident Evil really go more downhill than it already has? If I had to answer my own question, I'd have to say yes, based on what we have seen in the last few years.
                        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Maybe I was wrong in the other thread... maybe Capcom shouldn't stick to games anymore. After hearing this, anyway. They're really spiraling... into their mounds and mounds of cash. Ah well, not much to be done. The corporate machine marches on.

Comment

I rad about this on Gamesradar, and it depressed me so much. I just hope it isn't RE6, and just a stand alone spin off.

Comment

It's ABOUT TIME!!! I can't wait to FINALLY get a FPS to play deathmatch and capture the flag!!!!!! I have absolutely no game like that. Will we get to be a marine with huge biceps? No chicks in it, unless their breasts are Dolly Parton size. At last, brand new games!

Comment

Working...
                              X