Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: New Resident Evil to be announced at VGA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
    Maybe it is Resident Evil PSP
    LOL I think that is long dead. Just like the PSP poor lil thing..

Comment

Originally posted by milanm View Post
      Why? The recent games may be lacking, but it`s not like all hope is lost. Revelations seems to be on the good track, and i like the sound of that [rumored?] new Outbreak-like game. To be honest, besides MGS, RE is the only franchise i still have faith in.
      Indeed, people act like it's the end of the world for the series when RE5 is just one game. And like you say, Revelation looks pretty solid and what the series needed back.

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
        I hope it's RE6. After all, Inafune had said they will have an announcement on it soon...
        Inafune also said that the Capcom big wigs and shreholders are the ones calling all the shots. He pretty much said that they're more interested in milking the hell out of their top two franchises than anything else.

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
        Indeed, people act like it's the end of the world for the series when RE5 is just one game. And like you say, Revelation looks pretty solid and what the series needed back.

Pffft! Dewd, RE fans started to complain about RE going to shit since 2004-2005. Waay before RE5 came to the scene. Some of them are even fucking traumatized by RE4. To the point that they drag every damn unrelated topic on a forum to being about how much that game (and Leon) sucks.

If anything, RE5 (original, Gold/Move[TM] editions), the railshooter games, and Revelations plus Mercenaries for the 3DS system seems to point at the fact that RE is currently enjoying its time in the spotlight with mainstream gamers.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Dewd?

I agree with your last paragraph, but most people (RE fans anyway) complain that RE5 "sucked" and "ruined the series", more than they did for RE4 despite being almost the same. Personally, I think we are in a definition period regarding the direction of the series, Revelations looks to cater the old style using the new engine while Mercenaries will go the action route... maybe this is the best decision, spin-offs will be action oriented while main titles will go back to the horror (I hope anyway!).

Comment

Look I think all the games are fine, we just want Zombies back capcom!! No more crazy infected african people or las plagas and so on. They dont scare you, zombies do! And no more daylight, it was just to calming.

Shit what next Vampires to keep up with the Twilight craze?? haha god no!

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
              Shit what next Vampires to keep up with the Twilight craze?? haha god no!
              SSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                Dewd?

I agree with your last paragraph, but most people (RE fans anyway) complain that RE5 "sucked" and "ruined the series", more than they did for RE4 despite being almost the same.

Yeah, and then a lot of the RE5 haters are 'fans' who didn't exist pre-RE4. Quite funny as a whole.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Gona ask you one question guys, are you ready for a RE series Reboot? juat like it happened with the DMC and SH?
                  I'am not.
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                    Gona ask you one question guys, are you ready for a RE series Reboot? juat like it happened with the DMC and SH?
                    I'am not.
                    Hell no, not if its not Capcom doing it.

Comment

There's no official word of a "reboot" happening...

Comment

No 'official' word?

Unless you guys mean the shareholders and Capcom execs, the word of a RE reboot being needed (after RE5) came from RE papa, Shinji Mikami and then from Jun Takeuchi.

They may want try out some of that 'reboot' stuff with the upcoming games (Revelations and RE: Raccoon City). Whatever works in those games could end up in RE6.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

shinji mikami is no more part of capcom and certainly will not play any part in RE6 or any other RE

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                            Gona ask you one question guys, are you ready for a RE series Reboot?
                            I'd love for a Resident Evil series reboot.

juat like it happened with ... SH?
                            When did they do a Silent Hill reboot?

Comment

Resident Evil is not going to get a complete reboot by all means, the fifth chapter did that in a sense with the whole BSAA global-anti BOW organization overhaul. This opens up for them to toy new things while in the existing fiction. Any games in the series that want to stray on the gameplay formula and want to do new things - like with this Western title coming - will be side games.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                                Maybe it is Resident Evil PSP
                                Maybe we're at war with Norway?
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X