No announcement yet.

Revelations and Mercs 3D Direct-Feed Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised that Revelations is only 20% complete. I thought by now that the game would at least be 35% to 40% done. But whatever, I'm not complaining. It's not scheduled to come out until next fall/winter anyway.

The diving suit that Jill is wearing, I don't believe is an alternate costume. Remember, the game is still in development. Resident Evil 1.5 went through tons of changes like that too, with the character uniforms. They probably decided that Chris and Jill are going to swim to the ship, so that they decided on changing their uniforms to diving suits. While I'm sure those old uniforms could still be present as extra costumes, I doubt they will be the ones you start out with.

I'm more interested in seeing a high-quality video of the gameplay. I'd like to see the atmosphere of the ship, the scare factors and blood, and things like that. Less cutscenes and images Capcom, more gameplay videos. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait.

Then again, we shouldn't hope that this game is too much like Resident Evil. They might get it to 80% and scrap the whole thing.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
      Then again, we shouldn't hope that this game is too much like Resident Evil. They might get it to 80% and scrap the whole thing.
      Nah, those days are over with with Shinji Mikami gone. I seriously doubt quality these days is something Capcom's as interested in as just pushing out the game for sales.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
        That's not a battlesuit, looks more like a wet suit.

Never stops to amaze me how haters always gonna hate.
        I didn't say it was "a battlesuit." I said it was nothing but a recolor of her battlesuit. Which it is.

And, reciting overused meme phrases doesn't make your post any more clever. I'm actually quite enthusiastic about learning more about Revelations. I'm just not thrilled with the sloppy reuse of an outfit that was awful in the first place. It's not about being a hater; it's about pointing out a simple observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
          I didn't say it was "a battlesuit." I said it was nothing but a recolor of her battlesuit. Which it is.

And, reciting overused meme phrases doesn't make your post any more clever. I'm actually quite enthusiastic about learning more about Revelations. I'm just not thrilled with the sloppy reuse of an outfit that was awful in the first place. It's not about being a hater; it's about pointing out a simple observation.
          Very much this. I find it hilarious that anyone being critical of anything, especially Jill, is instantly a hater. Perhaps we should start using the new meme "blind, ignorant, self-righteous fans are always going to bitch because others aren't worshipping their favorite fictional character." We get that its a wetsuit. The point is it looks exactly like her battlesuit (which also...looked somewhat like a wetsuit with vaginal ventilation to frighten the sharks and giant squid away).
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Not, it is not. You only think that is.

Fortunately, I don't post to please your distorted sense about what is a clever post and what isn't.
            What is clear is that you think that the costume that Jill wears in RE5 is awful, and because of this, doesn't like that "similar" costume in Revelations.

Rosetta, you may start using the meme that you like most, if you ask me.
            Last edited by Davi Redfield; 12-12-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

The choice of words pretty much imply that you meant (literary) "a recolor of her battlesuit" = "They only changed the color of her battlesuit". xD

Comment

I think we all love and defend Jill to much. heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
                  Not, it is not. You only think that is.

Fortunately, I don't post to please your distorted sense about what is a clever post and what isn't.
                  What is clear is that you think that the costume that Jill wears in RE5 is awful, and because of this, doesn't like that "similar" costume in Revelations.

Rosetta, you may start using the meme that you like most, if you ask me.
                  My problem with the similarities is that I don't enjoy the sheer thoughtlessness that went into reusing a texture, swapping the color and then trying to pass it off as a completely different outfit. Like I said before, it looks like a bad fanmade mod.

Honestly, I have no gigantic issue with Capcom recycling material, because it's convenient and even understandable. They've done it plenty of times before and, at the end of all things, it shouldn't be a big deal.

But, Jill's battlesuit and this "wetsuit" are completely different outfits that shouldn't have anything to do with one another, yet they're identical in almost every which way, just as Rosetta emphasized, as well:

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                  We get that its a wetsuit. The point is it looks exactly like her battlesuit

Comment

Now I've got that out of the way.

Since Chris refers to the Majini in RE5 as creatures similar to the ganados in the 'Kennedy Report', and this game is set before RE5, does that mean that the enemies in this game won't be plagas based?
                    Otherwise it'd make more sense for Chris to refer to them as similar to the creatures they encountered on the ocean in 200x, rather than whatever Leon described them as.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The one enemie I saw in a blurry snipit of gameplay on GamesRadar suggest what looks like a zombie/regenerator.

Which makes me happy. I'm sure the clip is on youtube, but the quality blows as it's being filmed over someones shoulder.

there we go

Comment

• Originally posted by Bianca View Post

Confliction.

Lots of people love the Battlesuit, if you stop refering to it as awful like it is a fact an opinion may not be seen as hating so much.

"I didn't like the Battlesuit and this is similar so I don't like it either" sounds better than "The battlesuit is shit, so is this". Especially on this site.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Heck it's even featured in the next Resident Evil movie, if you saw after the credits, I think it was hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                            Heck it's even featured in the next Resident Evil movie, if you saw after the credits, I think it was hot.
                            You say that as if its a positive thing. For one, it was probably the worst costume in the movie, especially for their budget. I've seen cosplayers make better. Second, just look back on the history of the relationship between the movies and the fans...its not going to come out pretty for the movies.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Has it ever gone good for the movies?

Comment

• In my head before it was released? Apocolypse was a wonderful tale, Alice and her small group of survives trying desperately to escape Raccoon City. They encountered Carlos and a cometose Jill, but couldn't help. They ran in Matt/Nemesis, but there was nothing left of Matt and they, not having heavy weapons or super powers, and Alice was broken hearted to see him storm off once again to try and kill Jill. He wasn't after them, after all.

They did run into other nasty creatures, of course, including a more Tyrant-like creature towards the end that picked off some survivors and was eventually defeated by some cunning fashion before they finally broke the corden and escaped into the sunset. Maybe Alice stayed behind, or was infected.

Of course, that wasn't what we got. But it was the last time something good came out the movies for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X