Revelations and Mercs 3D Direct-Feed Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
    Six pages discussing the aesthetics of the actual characters costume and model.
    Yet, barely anything about Gameplay? Really?
    I know it. With first person aiming, and being able to move and shoot, I would think people might discuss how that could affect the game.

Comment

• Ah the power of Jill and what she wears lol.

I think the game will be good, I think the 3DS needs the move and shoot to show of the 3D more, hence maybe why they are doing it.

Comment

• I am wondering how the 3d will go. What I heard about thm using it to make long corridors seem like things are moving at the end sounds interesting. I just hope it's handled right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
          I just hope it's handled right.
          It's Nintendo, I have faith

Comment

• Yeah, but its being developed by Capcom, I have worries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              Yeah, but its being developed by Capcom, I have worries.
              Five years ago, this would have meant nothing but quality assurance (for the most part, anyways).
              sigpic

Comment

• Sadly, times have changed. Maybe we've grown older and more bitter. Maybe we now expect more from games. Maybe Capcom has stopped giving a shit so long as money rolls in through there investors doors in waves high enough to ride on. Most likely, it's a bit from all three. But I face new RE games with fear and trepidation rather than excitement. It's certainly gonna take a lot more to make me order a new handheld...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  Sadly, times have changed. Maybe we've grown older and more bitter. Maybe we now expect more from games. Maybe Capcom has stopped giving a shit so long as money rolls in through there investors doors in waves high enough to ride on. Most likely, it's a bit from all three. But I face new RE games with fear and trepidation rather than excitement. It's certainly gonna take a lot more to make me order a new handheld...
                  I really don't think it's the fact people like us are so bitter--just the fact the creative old school force that truly made Capcom "Capcom" are no longer with the company. So many classic and great franchises were created and farmed over the ten year period since the beginning of the playstation era to about 2005 or 2006. Resident Evil. Dino Crisis. Onimusha. Shadows of Rome. Devil May Cry. Okami. God Hand. Viewtiful Joe. MegaMan Legends. Hell, even Dead Rising, and maybe even the first Lost Planet.

Just this weekend I started playing God Hand for the first time, and man, that game is so over-the-top creative and whacky(even if the fighting system isn't perfect), there's just that old snyergy to it that used to be in so many Capcom titles in the past. That feeling of solid, palm-sweating game design that made you lick your lips in anticipation of it's creamy caramel filled goodness. That's how so many of the their titles they created felt, and the reason why they were at one time one of my favorite, if not my favorite, game company.

The last few years however, have been nothing but a downhill ride. And why I carry little to no faith at the future of Capcom, creatively speaking, the same as you feel, Darkmoon.
                  Last edited by valentinesdead?; 12-14-2010, 06:47 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• "Maybe Capcom has stopped giving a shit so long as money rolls in through there investors doors in waves high enough to ride on"

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

Comment

• indeed.

Like what Takeuchi said,Capcom doesn't care about the hardore audience anymore.The mainstream audience is more important to them because it brings in $$$$$$$.The mainstream will play anything because they really dont follow the storyline like US hardcore fans do because they just wanna shoot things.So Capcom really doesn't have to worry about delivering something amazing because the Mainstreamers will just be like the sheep that they are and just play it for the action and then move on to the next big thing.

IMO,this is not how buisness should be runned.I know I wouldn't go that route.Yes money is important so the company can continue to do good but I wouldn't do what Capcom would do.You just can't ignore that long time fans.Because sooner or later I will come back and bite them and its gonna hurt real bad.

agree or disagree but this is what I think.
                      Last edited by BrionIrons; 12-15-2010, 09:57 PM.
                      sigpic
                      www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

• Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
                        Like what Takeuchi said,Capcom doesn't care about the hardore audience anymore.The mainstream audience is more important to them because it brings in $$$$$$$.The mainstream will play anything because they really dont follow the storyline like US hardcore fans do because they just wanna shoot things.So Capcom really doesn't have to worry about delivering something amazing because the Mainstreamers will just be like the sheep that they are and just play it for the action and then move on to the next big thing.
                        I think you misread what Takeuchi meant. He was talking about the called 'bipolarization of the game market', he believes the market will be characterized by polar opposites. Games for "hardcore" gamers and games that target a mass audience. But yes, he thinks RE fits more the second categorization, mostly for it's huge sales numbers. It's not hard to think a game is for the masses when its last entry sells more than 5 millions of copies. And on his words "the important thing for us is to carefully cultivate the elements for both types of games in order to put out titles that people can enjoy playing for a long time".

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
                        IMO,this is not how buisness should be runned.I know I wouldn't go that route.Yes money is important so the company can continue to do good but I wouldn't do what Capcom would do.You just can't ignore that long time fans.Because sooner or later I will come back and bite them and its gonna hurt real bad.

agree or disagree but this is what I think.
                        That's what the company is targeting with separating the type of game as seen on Revelations and Mercenaries 3D. Sure, Revelations would probably have a lot of shooting given how hard is now for Capcom to difer from both genres, but like some people say 'last thing you loose is hope'. I still think RE6 will be more of a blender like RE5 though.

Comment

• Well I'm not 100% on the 3DS but maybe once I actually see one in person rather than online or through reviews but I'd like to see more of these two games cause I am actually liking the look of them but time'll tell as to how well implemented they are what with the controls and the although impressive still restricted capabilities of the 3DS. Afterall it isn't even out yet so it's impossible to say how well or ill suited it is to a game like Resident Evil. Based on my experience with a DS it's a mixed bag really since some games work really, really well but others especially FPS like Metroid, Hotel Dusk or umm Dementium(?) just didn't feel fluid enough for me at least . . .

Also my two cents on the Jill arguement:

It's Dark, very Dark, she's Perfect . . .
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 12-16-2010, 06:20 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• LOL you think shes like Joanna Dark?? I don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                              LOL you think shes like Joanna Dark?? I don't see it.
                              Wow. I think it's the best look alike yet!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                                You mean to tell me...I can have my own real life Jill?

OOOOOOOOH YESS
                                This was worth reading 7 pages of Jill, Jill, Jill.
                                You guys are like a broken record, you know that? LOL

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                                X