No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Mercenaries VS Announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Mercenaries VS Announced!

Want to play the Mercenaries mode of Resident Evil titles on the go yet don't want a Nintendo 3DS? Fret not, because a somewhat similar version of the game, titled "Resident Evil Mercenaries VS" has been announced for the Iphone.

The gameplay is similar to the Mercenaries mode we have seen, except that this time, your main goal is to kill the other players while the creatures serve just as the distraction.

Both Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield from RE5 will be playable. The only confirmed arena now is a brand new 'dock' stage. Both RE4's villagers and Chainsaw villager has been confirmed for this stage too. Chris equipments consist of pistol, shotgun, and grenade, while Jill has a pistol, sub-machine gun, and a flashbang.

Capcom have promised that more arenas and characters will be added if this title is a success. This game is scheduled to be out next month.

Check out the screens & gameplay video here:
    IGN
    Youtube

For more details regarding the game, click on the link below:
    SlideToPlay
    Last edited by xfactor; 01-10-2011, 10:13 PM.

This game runs at a 10~15 fps , and I think I saw a maximum of 2 villagers in the video.

Iphone:
    - Resident Evil 4: PLATINUM
    - Resident Evil: Degeneration
    - Resident Evil Mercenaries VS

3DS:
    - Resident Evil: The Mercenaries
    - Resident Evil: Revelations

DS:
    - Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

PSP
    - Resident Evil Portable (LOL)

Comment

And I thought Versus was a terrible idea on consoles.

Comment

Devil May Cry 4 confirmed for Iphone too. Funny how both were announced for the PSP and we end up seeing 'em on the Iphone instead. Capcom's practically eating the hearts of the PSP owners now

Last edited by xfactor; 01-10-2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

sigh .. Capcom

Comment

I never liked RE titles on the iphone/ipod platform, but more power to capcom for knowing where the sales are.
            Last edited by let me live; 01-11-2011, 12:41 AM.
            REALDEMO

Comment

12-19 FPS? What a joke.

Comment

I've got to feel sorry for those phone developers that have to pour all their energy into these ports than having the chance to work on newly created content on the market, than having to work on this crap.

Comment

I like how Capcom are continuously milking the RE4/RE5 gameplay for everything it's worth. Not just gameplay actually, but characters, settings, etc. Now we've got them mixing the two together even though it makes no sense whatsoever, like what appears to be Hunnigan giving orders to Chris.

"But it's non-canon!", I hear you cry. Yes that's true, but also a moot point.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

I'm very sad now. As I read the title of this news on my RSS feed, I thought Capcom would announce an all-Meercenaries game for the PS3/Xbox , which would have made my day. Heck, I'd even take a new stage for RE5 mercenaries, I don't care. This wont do. Might try it out anyway, but they could've done something more like the mercenaries after everyone absolutely hated the Versus mode.

I really don't get capcom.

Comment

I feel sorry for any sucker who will be buying Mercenaries the second it comes out at the end of the day is a copy and pase of both Mercenaries from 4 and 5 with extra characters that all Capcom are just milking this game for what it is.

The way I've been looking at both Mercenaries and Revelations are like a test to see which will sell better and Capcom will most likey go with the one that has done the best and Resident Evil 6 will most likey be base off as most already know by know Mercenaries is mostly for the new fan of the series who only like Action Survival while Revelations is for us old fans who liked Resident Evil the way it was before 4 and 5 came along Survival Horror so put it like this if you like Resident Evil been Survival Horror and not Action Survival (for what it has done to the Series just look at 4 and 5) and you going and buy Mercenaries your most likey daming the series into going into a depper into a hold were the light sooner or later go out.
                      Last edited by Sephiroth; 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        I like how Capcom are continuously milking the RE4/RE5 gameplay for everything it's worth
                        That's pretty much why Inafune and others hit the bricks after realizing that they don't really call the shots anymore. RE belongs to the shareholders who demand that this franchise gets milked while "it's hot".
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know if the object of the game is to kill the other player, if you watch the video the guy is standing in front the other player and they are shooting each other with shotguns and nothing happened. Interesting play capcom.....

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                            I don't know if the object of the game is to kill the other player, if you watch the video the guy is standing in front the other player and they are shooting each other with shotguns and nothing happened. Interesting play capcom.....
                            JUST like Versus Mode from RE5. It is incredibly dull!

Comment

I guess the people complaining about milking the RE series weren't about in the 90s or early 2000s.

As to the game, it looks like ass. A stand alone Versus game is quite high requested but people want it for HD consoles.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                              X