No announcement yet.

Milla Jovovich on RE Fanboys & RE Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually want to hear more about this Battleship movie. Such is my dislike towards Milla Jovovich.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
      ^ Wow, wishing death to someone because they're in a movie series.

The fact that she wanted to keep her powers is kinda meh, but other than that, I don't mind. The fact that people hate her because she took a role that makes her millions of dollars is kinda funny too. I know I would do it.

I like to think that people don't hate Milla, they hate Alice. Milla is a very good actress, as seen in stuff like The Fifth Element, or Dazed and Confused, and people are just mad that she took on a role that people think interferes with their series (surprise, it doesn't, as the storyline has nothing to do with the RE games, but whatever ).

Then again, this is the Internet. Logic died at the Firefox start page.

Learn to read i mean her character alice not mila in real of course not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
        I actually want to hear more about this Battleship movie. Such is my dislike towards Milla Jovovich.
        I heard they replaced yellow peg with another peg because yellow peg's backstory was too convoluted for a general audiance.

Comment

I heard that they changed the colors of a ship in order to appeal to a broader audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            I heard that they changed the colors of a ship in order to appeal to a broader audience.
            It caused too many storytelling problems. A necessary move.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
              I have nothing against Milla, she's a decent actress and can look quite pretty at times...but the RE movies are abominations. They're abortions. They're just awful. I can't blame her for that, though...she's just doing her job. And no one's forcing me to watch them anymore, so I don't.
              Have you or anyone questioning her acting abilities, seen the recent flick "Stone"? She's pretty good in that one.

Like most actors, Milla can be good with the right direction and material... and being nowhere near Paul W.S. Anderson
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

Does she play a stone? I can see her doing that well.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

rider on milla...fuck off smeg head!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                    He's a poor director and a worse writer sez I. How many of his stories ever actually have an ending? He's like the M.Night Shymalan of cliffhangers. But instead of 'What a twist!' we always end up with 'It isn't over'.

RE: Alice is alone in Raccoon city after the virus outbreak. IT ISNT OVER!

RE2:Alice is rescued by Carlos and Jill and now has super powers. IT ISNT OVER!

RE3:Alice declares war on the executives of Umbrella with her clones. IT ISNT OVER.

RE4: Despite the world being pretty much destroyed a remote controlled Jill gives a lame speech to a bunch of umbrella soldiers just before they're going to launch an attack. IT ISNT OVER!

AVP: The alien pops out of the dead predators body and is ready to kill just as they're leaving earth IT ISNT OVER!

I think my sarcasm has peaked, so I'll stop here . Yes I know Event Horizion, Death Race, and Soldier all have endings. but thats only 3 of his films that actually have some kind of conclusion against the other 5 and I know it wont stop at 5.
                    You forgot Mortal Kombat...... IT ISNT OVER!

You're right, the cliffhangers are beyond ridiculous. Most of what you mentioned are due to his 6th grade writing skills. Technically and visually he's pretty capable. Believe me, I hate to give the guy any credit but I will when its due.

Comment

Well Anderson didn't write MK. My problem with how he ends all his films isn't that he keeps them open ended, its that when he leaves a door open he fucking screams at the top of his lungs 'IT ISN'T OVER!'.

The man has no abilities for subtlety and has to make everything as obvious as a middle finger in your face. Thus my ' IT ISN'T OVER!' rant.

Comment

There is a big difference between leaving a movie with an ending that could be expanded on but is satisfying, and a movie whose ending is clearly trying to lead into a sequal. It also drives me nuts with TV shows. Stargate being a truly huge offender there.

Comment

In Stargates Defense, its worst episode is better than the entire RE film series.

Comment

Well, it certainly has better story and writting, and you believe that characters can die...even if they might well get better later. But the cliff hangers, especially with a series that is constantly rumoured to be in danger of being cancelled, make me sigh.

Comment

Milla Jovovich
                              respect++

A lot of actors/actress' aren't as willing to give personal detail about what goes into the product (movies), the people that hate them for it, etc. Anyone who can't respect that likely doesn't have much respect for anything.

And people in this very thread wishing death upon her? You psycho-fuckers oughta be ashamed of yourselves. After all these years, it really is odd to see people are still compaining about the same stuff that they simply have no control over. As the old saying goes, 'Change the record, already'.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                                respect++

A lot of actors/actress' aren't as willing to give personal detail about what goes into the product (movies), the people that hate them for it, etc. Anyone who can't respect that likely doesn't have much respect for anything.

And people in this very thread wishing death upon her? You psycho-fuckers oughta be ashamed of yourselves. After all these years, it really is odd to see people are still compaining about the same stuff that they simply have no control over. As the old saying goes, 'Change the record, already'.
                                I agree 100% with this. Wishing death upon someone who is just doing their job and who is a mother seems a little bit psycho to me. I think she's a good actress and I enjoy her performance in the RE films, and she's been a better actress in other films. I respect her for her recent statement and as an actress.

Comment

Working...
                                X