GamesRadar: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GamesRadar: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Preview

A new preview for RE The Mercenaries have been posted online at GameRadar, which reveal some tibits regarding the title:
    - There will be hidden contents unlock via playing the single player mode
    - The controls are streamlined. Weapons selection are done by d-pad, and A to use healing item (if you have any)
    - Capcom teased there will be modes beyond "kill everything"
    - there'll be online co-op, both local and over Wi-Fi, and naturally leaderboards to see who's on top.

GamesRadar: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D hands-on
    Last edited by xfactor; 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM.

Cool to get some new info on the game. I wonder what kind of unlockables will be available...

Comment

Hunk gameplay(cam)
      sigpic

Comment

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of seeing the RE4 engine?
        See you in hell.

Comment

^ my friend (a newcomer) Still can't play REmake....

I want the camera angles to be back but Ots isn't bad if done right
          I Reall want to see the new modes, That would be refreshing

Comment

REmake was probably the best game in the series.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              True words right here.

Comment

um if this is a preview why is the header say review?

also i cannot wait to paly this game...with no one i know

Comment

Well that was a quick mini-review/Preview.

And modes that go beyond kill-everything? I wonder what that could be? Aside from killing, you solve puzzles?
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of seeing the RE4 engine?
                    If by engine you mean the fact that Capcom has been reusing assets since REmake, then yes.

Comment

I don't deny that, I just said he's still having troubles playing it.

@Pikmin, Solving puzzles with People Online is an Awesome idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        Well that was a quick mini-review/Preview.

And modes that go beyond kill-everything? I wonder what that could be? Aside from killing, you solve puzzles?
                        Most likely it'll be Capture The Something. Flag, virus sample, etc. Mercs is too fast paced for any real puzzle solving beyond shoot it in the right bit.

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        If by engine you mean the fact that Capcom has been reusing assets since REmake, then yes.
                        ...remake? RE3 has a couple of big chunks from RE2 and a few bits from 1.5. Capcom were recyclng way before it was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          ...remake? RE3 has a couple of big chunks from RE2 and a few bits from 1.5. Capcom were recyclng way before it was cool.
                          I am aware of that.

However, it's a little different when a game that's released for the same console as its predecessor and in less than a year's time recycles assets.

It's something else entirely when a game that's been in the works for four or five years, and is on an entirely new, more powerful generation of consoles from its predecessor, is still reusing assets from a game that came out approximately seven years before it.

Now we have not one, but two, new games on brand new hardware that are still recycling assets from what will soon be a nine year old game.
                          Last edited by Archelon; 01-20-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I still caint belive pepole are takeing Mercenaries so serious it's two mim games from 4 and 5 stuck together and remix it's nothing more than two recycled games Mercenaries is no better than The Umbrella Chronicles just copy and pase game.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              I am aware of that.

However, it's a little different when a game that's released for the same console as its predecessor and in less than a year's time recycles assets.

It's something else entirely when a game that's been in the works for four or five years, and is on an entirely new, more powerful generation of consoles from its predecessor, is still reusing assets from a game that came out approximately seven years before it.

Now we have not one, but two, new games on brand new hardware that are still recycling assets from what will soon be a nine year old game.
                              Ahhh. Valid points.

Comment

Working...
                              X