Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
    stop typing crap
    This is my favourite post of the topic. It's so.. forward. Like he's cut all the trimmings off.

Spoiler:

Sorry. I couldn't resist the urge to type crap.
    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-27-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk
      stop typing crap
      I'll see you dead!!

Comment

Digital Truth Distortion Reflux Syndrome

http://www.myvoiceoverguy.com/voice-...flux-syndrome/

I hear ya DC....

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
          Oh what a crock of shit. DC Douglas Talks About Albert Wesker. How is this news, as opposed to the norm EVERY DAY?

Dude needs to move on. He must actually be beginning to think he IS Wesker by now?! Probably goes to leave the house, look for his keys and say "FOUND YOOOOU!" on his way out...

Fanboys who disliked the character Wesker and/or my voice chimed in with derision, “Dude is desperate for work!” and “Probably thinks he IS Wesker!”

Haha, nailed you.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I don't think I could ever stop playing Resident Evil, even if Wesker made a comeback.

It's like a scar. Ugly, but permanent.

Comment

He seems to be popular now more than ever after his death. Capcom dropped a ball there it seems.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Eh, not really. They wrote him into a corner. The only place for his plotline to go was with him dying, really. The thing they've screwed up on is killing off the lesser bad guys along the way too. There's no one to replace him, hence the Alex Wesker crap they're trying to pull. Wesker Version II - All the same issues, none of the backstory to make people give a shit.

I can't really blame D.C Douglas for wanting to take up a popular role he's generally acclaimed for again, though. It's a paying wage and looks good on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  Eh, not really. They wrote him into a corner. The only place for his plotline to go was with him dying, really. The thing they've screwed up on is killing off the lesser bad guys along the way too. There's no one to replace him, hence the Alex Wesker crap they're trying to pull. Wesker Version II - All the same issues, none of the backstory to make people give a shit.

I can't really blame D.C Douglas for wanting to take up a popular role he's generally acclaimed for again, though. It's a paying wage and looks good on his resume.
                  Yeah, plot-wise I'm not disputing that but in general he seems to be on people's lips so much at the moment. Capcom only seemed to realise this after his death and seem to try and keep him going by placing him in the likes of Lost Planet 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom, not to mention an obviously passionate voice actor who seemingly would reprise the role at the earliest opportunity.

Personally I think we could have squeezed one more game out of him, even if it was just to set up a successive villain.
                  His over exposure in the series comes mostly in the form of background supplemental material and not the games themselves. That probably is because Capcom killed everyone else off so there was no-one left to join the dots together from past titles.

Zero, 4, and Darkside were only cameos, and even CVX and 5 he was not in a great deal.
                  I'd say Umbrella Chronicles was his only starring role, and that was one game out of 10+ canon games and movie that makes up the series.
                  "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

What about Nicholai?
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Well, his status still hasn't been confirmed one way or the other. There's nothing in Archives 2 or even UC Side B to elaborate on.

Personally, I like to think he is alive and I like that report he writes to Alfred in the CVX guide but of course the canonicity of that is questionable.

but with Hunk's supposed return in Revelations then you never know if Nicholai will be far behind, they are firm rivals after all.
                      "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                        This is my favourite post of the topic. It's so.. forward. Like he's cut all the trimmings off.

Spoiler:

Sorry. I couldn't resist the urge to type crap.

Comment

I'm trying to ascertain whether direct intervention is necessary.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm going to be able to breath after reading this thread. I thought I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen because I was laughing so god-damned hard.

I can't see them bringing him back unless it's some sort of flashback type thing or the aforementioned cloning, which will cause me to wash my hands of RE as well. I'm giving Capcom a last shot with Revelations and depending on how that turns out will decide my future with the series.

Comment

Wesker IS dead. This comes from a Wesker fanboy. I can't see how it could come back for RE6 IF it's not a prequel. I think it's easier to see him related in Revelations than in 6.

Poor DC Douglas, when he finally nailed the character, Capcom kills him. LOL. No wonder he wants another shot @ the role, since his cameo on Darkside was nothing short of dissapointing. I wonder if he voiced Wesker for Marvel VS Capcom 3...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

He did.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X