Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Box Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Box Art

Capcom USA have just revealed the box art for RE: The Mercenaries.

Source: Siliconera

Silent Hill Downpour art director Radek Marek recently made some interesting comments in a recent interview with Xbox 360 Magazine in Italy. Marek stated: “At the moment there will be no multiplayer modes in Silent Hill: Downpour, but Konami are investigating a separate chapter devoted entirely to the Multiplayer. We do not know the details but it should be an XBLA title that most players have to survive in the town of Silent Hill.”

It seems to hint that Konami is preparing a Silent Hill multiplayer title for XBLA, but as of now, nothing is confirmed so its best to classify it as a rumor.

Source: Siliconera

As usual, I'm digging the PAL cover much more.

Spoiler:

Neither covers are anything extraordinary, but I guess I just prefer the simplicity of this one.

Comment

Euro boxart also revealed.

edit: Ninja'd!
      Last edited by Dracarys; 03-20-2011, 08:32 PM.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I've got skillz.

Or, more accurately, my lack of human companionship causes me to check THIA every ten minutes. It's a good life.

Comment

i just dislike how they keep using the same font as other past RE titles. like, how the outbreak series used the film font, umbrella chronicles used RE4's font, ect ect. they can at least be more original about it.
          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

The Euro art reminds me of Street FIghter 4 (which isn't a bad thing).

I just realized the Executioner only appears in the 1st level of RE5... Not counting Merc levels of course. There are videos on youtube showcasing a mod that replaces Chris with the Executioner.... Funny stuff. If you see him without that axe; just looks like an obese fellow with a bag over his head
            REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by a STARS member View Post
              The Euro art reminds me of Street FIghter 4 (which isn't a bad thing).

I just realized the Executioner only appears in the 1st level of RE5... Not counting Merc levels of course.
              He was in that horrible horrible film too.

For once I prefer the NTSC art. The PAL one just looks unfinished.
              Compare the JP Outbreak art to the PAL Outbreak box art. Same deal.
              Except the PAL Outbreak used the classic font

sigpic

Comment

Both covers look shyte, it's like they took a screen shot from RE5 and ran it through Photoshop quick.

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                Except the PAL Outbreak used the classic font [/IMG]
                Yeah, I love the fact that they used the main font right up till CODE: Veronica (X) and for both Outbreaks and Dead Aim. Still, the fonts for REmake and Zero are great, even the dreaded RE4 has a great font and just fabulous cover art (Gamecube PAL). Just shameful that RE5 had to go and ruin the tradition with some boring Times Roman font.

Comment

Neither cover is good enough, no better than third rate fan art to be honest.
                  Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                  i just dislike how they keep using the same font as other past RE titles. like, how the outbreak series used the film font, umbrella chronicles used RE4's font, ect ect. they can at least be more original about it.
                  How trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                    He was in that horrible horrible film too.

For once I prefer the NTSC art. The PAL one just looks unfinished.
                    Compare the JP Outbreak art to the PAL Outbreak box art. Same deal.
                    Except the PAL Outbreak used the classic font

Also in Outbrak #2 they removed the handgun (poorly photoshoped) for the PAL, and left it for the JAP how lame. I always love the JAP covers alot more.

Still its what makes me collect all versions, I love the variations.

Does anyone have the JAP 3DS cover yet??

Comment

....Why capcom? What's up with the ultra generic box-art?
                      This seriously could easily pass for a Resident Evil 5 box-art, Have they gone so low budget to even cut corners on box-art now? lol...

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                        ....Why capcom? What's up with the ultra generic box-art?
                        This seriously could easily pass for a Resident Evil 5 box-art, Have they gone so low budget to even cut corners on box-art now? lol...
                        True, the PAL cover of RE5 was fucking boring as shit! Africa outline?? oooo spooky.

Comment

The Euro covers have always gone for a more 'plain' look with very few exceptions. I always thought the US covers were too revealing needing show offs guns, characters or monsters. Japanese covers are very random.

That said, the US REmake cover is probably my fav of any game, any region. I had it blown up to a poster size years ago.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                            The Euro covers have always gone for a more 'plain' look with very few exceptions. I always thought the US covers were too revealing needing show offs guns, characters or monsters. Japanese covers are very random.

That said, the US REmake cover is probably my fav of any game, any region. I had it blown up to a poster size years ago.
                            I always preferred Europe’s art cover than any other region myself; the covers were always more abstract and niche than with the others. Resident Evil 2 (Playstation) will always have the best cover for me. Simple but great. I even remembered the posters they released with that game at release (Still got them down at my parent's house in Kent) and how awesome they were.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                              This.

Seriously, I don't get why they need to stuff as much as possible in NA box art sometimes. Like Heavy Rain or Amnesia (and if you can honestly say that you liked Amnesia's NA box art, you might need to go through a psych test...)

That said, I actually like the RE:M boxart. Something about the white background in the PAL cover doesn't seem fitting, IMO.

(While on the topic of RE box arts... am I the only one who honestly thought CV/CVX's boxart was just terrible?)

Comment

Working...
                              X