No announcement yet.

RE4 & Code: Veronica X Coming To PS3/360 This Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Pikminster I never said that's what WILL happen that's an example of what I think will happen it's a loss of profit on Capcoms part if they don't have a disc release because like I said before not everyone has the internet to access the stores
    "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
      @Pikminster I never said that's what WILL happen that's an example of what I think will happen it's a loss of profit on Capcoms part if they don't have a disc release because like I said before not everyone has the internet to access the stores
      Yeah, not everyone has that alright.

I don't get how Capcom thinks the whole DLC will fly in the North American market. Considering that Mexico is included in that market. Sales made there are bundled-up with American sales. Thus why the American market is such an important market overall.

Just in 2010 7-11 million video games were sold LEGALLY in that country along with 1.3-2.7 million units of hardware. Now, those sales numbers are only from retail stores in Mexico. Yet everyone knows that the majority of gamers in Mexico buy their games in the US. This is because games and consoles are way too expensive due to import duties and taxes. So the great majority of Mexican gamers purchase their games in the US (They either cross the border to buy them or they ask a family member/online business to ship the games to them).

So, I don't get why Capcom will ignore that sector of the market. It makes more sense to release the Revival games as a disc to improve chances of getting more profits in the NA market.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

If anything they might go the same road as Gold Edition with a disc release revealed in NA a couple of months before release date

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
          Yeah, not everyone has that alright.

I don't get how Capcom thinks the whole DLC will fly in the North American market. Considering that Mexico is included in that market. Sales made there are bundled-up with American sales. Thus why the American market is such an important market overall.

Just in 2010 7-11 million video games were sold LEGALLY in that country along with 1.3-2.7 million units of hardware. Now, those sales numbers are only from retail stores in Mexico. Yet everyone knows that the majority of gamers in Mexico buy their games in the US. This is because games and consoles are way too expensive due to import duties and taxes. So the great majority of Mexican gamers purchase their games in the US (They either cross the border to buy them or they ask a family member/online business to ship the games to them).

So, I don't get why Capcom will ignore that sector of the market. It makes more sense to release the Revival games as a disc to improve chances of getting more profits in the NA market.
          i can confirm this im one of them

Comment

Unless they bundle them which I doubt I personally won't be paying the mostly standard "HD Rehash" 1200M$ for either of them not even for some poxy 200-400GS/Trophies. Plus since recently getting RE4Wii I'm not up for playing it again unless they throw some new stuff in and maybe the chance for unlocking RE1-3 as well . . .
            sigpic

Comment

CV...

Comment

Originally posted by misstvirus View Post
                CV...
                I think Spongebob has at least one facial expression for everything that has gone on the past 15 years

Comment

so we get CVX and RE4 but none of the other games? Not that I'm unhappy just seems a bit random. I can understand why we get re4 because that was the big hit and is very similar to RE5 but CVX? seems a strange choice. Besides I still want 1 through to 3 on XBLA!!!

Comment

CV:X was pretty much just a matter of time, given the insane amount of ports of Naomi/Dreamcast originals this generation (especially on XBLA) (Seriously? What other DC titles that we actually care about are missing now? Jet Set Radio, Shenmue and Power Stone?)

Comment

Yeah, would love a port of Shenmue to surface soon.

Anyway, looks like unless they do end up having a Western disc release then it seems like I'll be importing it from Japan.

I'm really only interested in C:V (I also wonder which version of the intro will be used in it or if they've done a new cut on it) as I've got too many damn copies of RE4 as it is.

The lighting looks nice on the C:V one, however I would love to see more screens of it or even footage regarding these as there's been so much focus on RE4, those screens look a bit iffy in regard to that particular one too.
                      Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-27-2011, 11:52 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Non-blurry Signature Version
                      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Besides play-asia anyone know a reliable and easy to use japan to UK import site?

Play-asia will not ship PS3 stuff to UK.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          CV:X was pretty much just a matter of time, given the insane amount of ports of Naomi/Dreamcast originals this generation (especially on XBLA) (Seriously? What other DC titles that we actually care about are missing now? Jet Set Radio, Shenmue and Power Stone?)
                          I think Seaman, Blue Stinger, Carrier, D2 (perhaps also bundled with the original version too), Cannon Spike, Illbleed, and Skies of Arcadia were some of my favorites from this console that haven't made the jump to the next-gen consoles. I doubt they will, but it'd still be nice

Comment

I understand that Code Veronica X was license as a multi-plat version of the game so (PS2, GC, PS3, and 360) makes sense. I sort of don't understand why Resident Evil 4 is even multi-plat considering Nintendo claimed it was exclusive when it was originally released, unless it was a timed exclusive which makes sense for the 360 and PS3 crowd who never got a chance to play it.

So I'm happy that people who never got a chance to play Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4. They're both pretty cool games.

So what's the deal with Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil (2002)?

Are these two games really only licensed and only the sole property of Nintendo?

I don't know what the contract between Capcom and Nintendo says but if it's one of those contracts where they say, "You have to re-release the property every so number of years to keep the license" and that's why they did those Archives version of RE0 and Resident Evil 2002 edition it's pretty lame on Nintendo's part. That would be a cool treat for those who never owned a Gamecube or a Nintendo Wii.

Comment

Working...
                            X