No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's just way too much to think about right now. For example, will Slant Six deliver or will this game be another failure at launch like Confrontation was? Will the servers absolutely SUCK? Will the gameplay be shitty? We have months and months to consider all of these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      There's just way too much to think about right now. For example, will Slant Six deliver or will this game be another failure at launch like Confrontation was? Will the servers absolutely SUCK? Will the gameplay be shitty? We have months and months to consider all of these things.
      I brought up Slant Six today to some friends. They just laughed.......

Comment

• Slant Six made it im not worried just by looking at the first pics im already sold so for me
        its already perfect as it is im not worried about anything

Comment

• We gotta remember that Capcom will have say in everything to do with this title, Slant Six is just the "Dev tools" to make the content for the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            There's just way too much to think about right now. For example, will Slant Six deliver or will this game be another failure at launch like Confrontation was? Will the servers absolutely SUCK? Will the gameplay be shitty? We have months and months to consider all of these things.
            People rag in S6 for Socom Confrontation but that game only sucked at US launch, 6 months later after various patches and when it released elsewhere it was a pretty decent game. As long as this game releases when it is finished I am sure it'll be fine, especially with Capcom overseeing it.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Further information from OPM.

One of the main missions of the game is to “kill Leon” thus signifying the ability to change the history of Resident Evil.

- You’re able to use enemies (like zombies) as cover even while moving.

- Like other third-person shooters you’ll also be able to take cover behind objects like stationary vehicles.

- The game will pay respects to the classic titles (Resident Evil 2 and 3) by bringing back that sense of horror that’s been missing.

- The base inspiration for the foundation of the game is noted as being Resident Evil 2.

- We’ll get more insight towards Mr. X before he was sent to Raccoon City to pursue Leon/ Claire.

- Leon is your main prey throughout the game (in regards to the USS team)

- Previous controls have been abandoned in place for a more modern control set akin to today’s third-person shooters.

- Capcom is behind such a change in game-play and this is why they approached Slant Six over the development of such a project.

- As aforementioned you’ll be able to grab enemies and use them as cover which will add to the game’s team-based strategic style.

- We’re going to get a very dark look at the classic city in the game with new and iconic locales.

- The end of the demo showed off a battle with Mr. X.

- The USS team takes their inspiration largely from Mr. Death himself, the 4th survivor Hunk. The team is also situated on Rockfort Island which is another locale fans recognize.

- Hunters and Lickers are confirmed and they’ll be able to also mow down zombies if they’re in the way of their destruction.

- Operation Raccoon City will let players see the story of the Resident Evil universe (pre-RE4) from a whole new perspective.

- Shooting lights will be one of the mechanics in the game and doing so will help you stay clear of zombies due to them being attracted to said light.

- Environments will have destructible objects for you to use agains the hordes of zombies.

- Capcom remains silent over topics relating to the game’s multiplayer mode and what other surprises the game’s story may have for players. We’ll likely hear more about this game at E3 so stay tuned.

Comment

• Wow, this is the best Resident Evil news we've had in years! (I don't count 4, 5, UC, and DSC).

I'm sold on Mercenaries now because it will come with a demo of Revelations. And now I'm sold on this Operation Raccoon City because it sounds so good, and it's in third-person, thank god! Now I will be saving up for my PS3 and 3DS! Can't wait to get more screenshots/videos!
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• The lights sound interesting, the B.O.Ws attacking even Zombies is a welcomed addition.

Comment

• wait Rockford? we will see even Code Veronica from USS side?
                    Spoiler:

Comment

• This is clearly the closest we are going to get to another Outbreak game. If it is very good, I hope it sells well so we will get another one.
                      Last edited by RetroRain; 03-28-2011, 04:18 PM.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• I could see there being some extra DLC maps and missions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                          wait Rockford? we will see even Code Veronica from USS side?
                          The U.S.S. were trained at the military training school on Rockfort Island. Naturally it gets a mention.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            Holy shit balls get that Umbrella Security Service dossier on page 7 translated NOW.
                            Follows a rough translation, hope this is the one that you mentioned.

Umbrella Classified File No. 0001

Subject: Umbrella Security Service

Informant: Adam Bullied, Creative Director

Information: In Resident Evil mythology, the USS is posted on Rockfort Island and its members receive an incredibly hard training that turn them into war machines prepared to clean up the mess of their employer.

There's a character named HUNK that appears in Resident Evil 2 (Ed.: is playable in Mercenaries Mode in Resident Evil 4), which belongs to U.S.S. He has served us as reference for the rest of the U.S.S.

Resident Evil is a lengthy and complex series and there is any material that has not been used.
                            Among others, there was the U.S.S. that we are talking about at times, but on which nothing is known.
                            Why do not zoom in on it and create a story around?

Thus we have proceeded with this faction. Leon and Claire have perhaps not met its members, but they were there in the shadows, waiting for the right time to act ...

In addition to HUNK, other agents of the U.S.S. were previously playable (Miguel, Derek or Conrad), particularly in Outbreak episodes.
                            Last edited by Davi Redfield; 03-28-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Rockfort Island tutorial level?

Rockfort Island outbreak DLC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                                Rockfort Island tutorial level?

Rockfort Island outbreak DLC?
                                so. much. potencial.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X