No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you keep bringing up this retcon issue?

You told everyone that you had sources from the days of developing Resident Evil 2 that the T-103 units were always bullet and explosive proof.

And I called BS on you.

If you want to try and get out of it, go ahead. Sorry, but when I see someone make such a statement (because obviously you're opinions are ALWAYS fact) and then you can't back it up, I laugh.

I laughed because I know you cannot prove it. Because Capcom never had it planned during the time and the coats were NOT bullet/explosive proof.

But it's cool to know that you'll still be in denial. xD

Comment

• Sources ignored. Prophecy fulfilled.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Ironic for someone who is called "News Bot".

Comment

• WTF's with all this arguing guys? Shit I mean this forum is for Operation Raccoon City and the argument is derailing this thread. I'll side with News Bot as I have also head that the trench coat is bullet proof several time before.

But still Restcon, just let it be and stop with the senseless arguing. From my understanding, Mr.X always had a bulletproof trench coat. I think it's even listed in the BIOHAZARD Archives book.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Quoted on page 157 of Archives for you Zombie X and anyone else interested:

"Code number T-103 is the subsequent model that was developed using the results of the T-002 performance tests. The T-103 has a higher recovery rate due to its increased metabolism. Compared to the T-002, the T-103 has a considerably more humanoid form. This means that a product capable of meeting our ultimate goal of infiltrating enemy territory is much closer than anticipated. Additionally, if its life support reaches a critical point, it will remove its power limited (defense coat) and transform into a Super Tyrant."

So the coat is nothing more than to withold it from morphing and only used as a last resort when removed and this is after it takes DAMAGE. And since Archives was released before UC and DC.

But I wasn't trying to argue. I clearly made a point earlier in the previous section about people whining over cloaking ability and compared it to the T-103 units and then he tried to correct me.

That's all that happened. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing to state otherwise that during the development of BH2 the coats were always supposed to be bullet and explosive proof.

But my apology on MY PART for derailing the discussion of Raccoon City game.
            Last edited by Reston; 03-29-2011, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reston View Post
              Additionally, if its life support reaches a critical point, it will remove its power limited (defense coat) and transform into a Super Tyrant."
              Limiters aren't defense coats. They'd just be limiters.

Besides, everyone knows Archives in English is the shoddiest translation ever and shouldn't dare be trusted. Hell, they translated the UBCS as the Umbrella Resident Evil Countermeasure Service. Seriously?
              Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-29-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• ^ K

See I heard that it was a limiter as well in the past so now I'm confused ;) Well it does not matter anymore as RE's canon is blown apart. It in shambles now so meh. Capcom can change what ever they like it seems.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• @ Canas

I didn't state that as a personal reference in the (). That was in the book. And yes, they even mis translate biohazard to Resident Evil. But I already talked upon this subject. And it's where it's at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reston View Post
                    @ Canas

I didn't state that as a personal reference in the (). That was in the book. And yes, they even mis translate biohazard to Resident Evil. But I already talked upon this subject. And it's where it's at.
                    I know it was in the book, I own it myself. Two copies, actually.

I'm saying that A. that's more or less helping NB's point by the book saying it's a defense coat and not just a limiter, and B. if you seriously use that as a viable source when they can't even get something as simple as UBCS translated properly then... eh. You're a better man than I.

Not meaning to derail, just going by what I see as well. Personally, especially from seeing his past stuff and from what I've heard in the past on my own, I have to side with NB.

Comment

• I'm not looking for people to side with me though. I already expected people to side with someone over someone who has "21" posts and never has been heard of before by most of you. And since this will turn into a "popular" contest, I'm cool with that.

But re-read the entire thing. It was just a limiter coat. It was changed later to be bulletproof in UC/DC.

The coats were never ALWAYS BULLET PROOF/EXPLOSIVE PROOF from the original release of RE2. And he said they were and all I asked was for him to prove it. And all I got back was some strategy guides with no publishers or authors.

Just saying. I respect his work. I appreciate what he has done but I don't agree with him what-so-ever on this.

Comment

• Am I the only one thinking who cares about a stupid coat? For all we know it could house little elves that tell it where to go

As for the stealth camo I'm pretty sure it was a gameplay first idea and they'll find a way of implementing it into the story
                        "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Reston - Most people here would give him more kudos not because of the number of posts or the website he posts on, but that he reliably has translated numerous pieces of information from Capcom's Japanese books for a number of years, numerous pieces that have frequently also then become more relevant when other games in the series have been released. Due to that, if he has read in several places a piece of info then given his track record we're more going to listen to his explination. If you don't agree or want to listen, I think everyone is fine with that... but for some reason you're both until now been too stubborn over a silly point.

Comment

• I'm with NB on this one. I knew the coat is BF back in 1998 and without any guides too. It's OBVIOUS. And DSC and UC argument is pointless. You are confusing GAMEPLAY mechanic with canon. They rarely match.

The coat is bulletproof, explosion proof and is also a limiter. Case closed.

Comment

• Trailer

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_inf...teaser_trailer
                              Last edited by Zombie; 03-30-2011, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Two things from that trailer.

1 - It looks glorious. You can suck that atmosphere through a straw and it would taste like depair. I would have liked a bit more gameplay rather than those short clips though.

2 - What is it with Leon? Seriously, he's not even confirmed as a playable character and we've had more promo images featuring him than any of the four main ones. I know Capcom wants to make sure people are interested, but right now you need to make me give a crap as to why playing a bunch of evil psycho mercernaries is going to be fun. Leon is none of these things. If he was more of a white knight he'd have come to Raccoon City on a fucking white horse. I only care if I can blow his nuts off and see him crying and begging not to die. Then killing him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X