No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Teaser Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Spencer on this one for a change.

REhunk88, Stu has provoked an argument, but not directly insulted another member in this topic, and everyone has been warned to knock this shit off. Let's not dwell on it. If you don't like it, report it. We're not going to ban him because a couple of members dislike him. If you want us to take your complaint a little more seriously, then act a bit more responsibly yourself by not provoking Stu on his visitor wall, not threatening to physically assault him in another topic and NOT continuing an argument after a mod has said to knock it off.

Thanks

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 03-31-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• he is the one that talks on my visitor wall i just talk back to him ;)
      now keep it on topic !
      Last edited by rehunk88; 03-31-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• No need for more Leon.....this is just getting boring. DSC should have been the end of it, unless/until a complete next gen RE2 remake. SO why Capcom bother with more production that we dont need....Oh yeah, simple answer is you dump this backwards idea onto a very mediocre design team with no past record of high production & quality. Sometimes I think you just dont care anymore. The trailer looks like a slightly smoother version of Outbreak, not a boundary pushing Outbreak 3, but a derivative, lazy port of a tired & dated brand.
        Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 03-31-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Outbreak died a horrible, deserved death, Operation: Raccoon City is an entirely different creation.

And again i ask, why are people getting in a mess over TWO seconds of Leon at the end of a trailer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
            And again i ask, why are people getting in a mess over TWO seconds of Leon at the end of a trailer?
            Because it's Leon.

Comment

So much wrongess in such a short space of time!

For one, April Fools jokes are not acceptable prior to April 1st.

And to suggest a Jill pic isn't worthy of a murderous rampage? Well that's just blasphemy to some!

You're not blind, you know where the report button is
              Whoa.. Not accepted? Hmm... Most RE sites including this one (if Im not mistaken) have a record of breaking this rule by a mile.

And Im not saying its a joke. I just said "maybe".

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                Because it's Leon.
                DING! DING! DING!

Is the riiiiiiiight answer!

Comment

• Leon Rules End Of Also Are People Suprised That Leon Is The Centre Of This Game Cause He Was In RE 2 i.e Raccoon City.

At Least There's Still Some True RE Fans Out There, They are the ones Keeping This Great Franchise Going

Comment

Because it's out of place. Leon may well be a big seller, but shoehorning him into the trailers make relatively little sense. Now, if the trailer was 30 seconds longer and featured the actual characters in such a way that I'd actually spotted them the first time I'd watched the thing I wouldn't have an issue. But currently, Superagentninjawarrior IS featured as prominently as the actual characters. There's as much artwork dedicated to him as the characters, and he has the most exposure in the video. It's rougly 5 or 6 seconds, not including the shot of the Jeep before the title. He's also the only character to get a line. And the guy is a fucking target, not a playable character so far as we know. He shouldn't even be that, given he's meant to be a rookie cop, but somehow the game's focus seems to be Kill Leon. Which is cool and all...

Essentially, it's the MGS2 issue for me. The game was shown, initially, very much from the stand point of the Tanker mission. Then BAM! whining man child appears and Snake is a support character. It's the opposite way round here. Leon is being featured too heavily for someone whose no more than a check point.

And no, it's not because it's Leon. If it was any of the big three RE character's I'd have an issue with it. Jill is the only one likely to show up in this game, most likely in a shrininking mini-skirt and tighter boob tube. Chris, in theory, won't be there...but this an AU game, so Muscle McGee could be throwing cars at you as a sub boss too. And if we get a bunch of trailers with those two and split second shots of the four playable chracters, you can bet I'll be pissing and moaning about them too.

Comment

• First...are we really going to split hairs about whether it's 2 seconds or 5 or 6? It's still a ridiculously inane ammount of time.

And out of place? in one of the worst trailers Capcom have ever produced? It's not as if the standard had been high from preceeding 65 or so seconds.

How can you possibly make comments about what he should or shouldn't be given in the trailer? Considering that we have one 72 second trailer and a few magazine previews, to say he's no more than a check point is a blind statement to be making surely?

Comment

• The ammount of time Leon of there is small. It's still significantly more than any of the playable characters.

Out of place isn't the right way to describe it, now that I'm thinking about it. Of course Leon has a place in the trailer and campaign. I simply feel Capcom has, up to this point, focused a touch too heavily on him.

And yes, it's true. It's entirely possible that Leon could be a vital character, vastly more important to the plot than the characters you play..which would really, really suck but that's pretty unlikely. As it stands now, given the information we have, he's simply someone you shoot. In theory he's no more than a prettier zombie with a gun. He may well end up being more, but that's how it seems now. I mean, really, what other role can he play? He's simply not important at this point of the story.

Comment

• The game is set during the events of Resident Evil 2. Resident Evil 2 is said to have been a major inspiration for this game. Leon stars in Resident Evil 2.

Seriously people. Get over it and move on.

Of all the things to legitimately complain about regarding this game, people are the most bent out of shape about the presence of Leon. Really? You can freaking kill him, for crying out loud.

You all should be dancing and singing, showering Capcom with praises from the mountaintops.
                          Last edited by Archelon; 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Outbreak died a horrible, deserved death, Operation: Raccoon City is an entirely different creation.

again a pointless comment you add to the outbreak fans and you do it only to piss people off so cut the crap !

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              And yes, it's true. It's entirely possible that Leon could be a vital character, vastly more important to the plot than the characters you play..which would really, really suck but that's pretty unlikely. As it stands now, given the information we have, he's simply someone you shoot. In theory he's no more than a prettier zombie with a gun. He may well end up being more, but that's how it seems now. I mean, really, what other role can he play? He's simply not important at this point of the story.
                              In O:RC you play the bad guys. Currently, Leon is confirmed to be the only good guy in the game.

Had it been the other way around, and rather than USS troops you had STARS members going through the City, and the last two seconds were of Wesker. Would you consider Wesker to be a mere footnote?

Comment

• Then people would complain that Capcom is screwing up the canon even more since Wesker wasn't in Raccoon City during the events of RE2/3.

Comment

Working...
                                X