Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Teaser Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon: "What the hell is going on here?"

My answer: People moving while shooting. It's amazing, I know.

Comment

Cant we all just blame Capcom for incompetence in many areas on many levels and move on?

Comment

Funny. the thing that stood out the most was the shitty music and editing.

Comment

Originally posted by Reston View Post
          I actually prefer Paul Haddad (the voice actor for Leon Kennedy in RE2) over Paul Mercier who I feel made Leon seem more emotionless and one dimensional.
          Totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
            Probably because he drove a jeep (which is what I believe that actually is) to town in RE2? The cop car wasn't used until after he met Claire.
            you were right. i just checked the opening scene.

@ChrisRedfield29: That's the line he used in RE2 opening if i am correct. The brief 2secs of him in this trailer is the 'remake' version of that.
            Last edited by xfactor; 03-30-2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Team Chris and Team Leon fellas. I played the original first. REmake is my favorite. Code Veronica had a great story. And 5 brought closure to a worthwhile story arc.

So in closing... Fuck Leon.

I'll be taking care of his rookie ass very soon.
              Last edited by Smiley; 03-31-2011, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I got pretty excited watching that trailer.

Can't wait till we see some gameplay.

Comment

Looks like Left 4 Dead, sounds like Half Life 2, wonder if Slant Six are Valve fans. Wonder if Capcom will ever stop with the Leon love. Claire was there too and Jill, and Ada and Sherry and Carlos and Barry and....a lot of characters were there, yet they continue to focus on Leon. The guys the most wooden character in the damn series, he sucks and he's been in way too many things now, enough is enough!

Comment

Hmmm, I slightly mistimed how long Leon is in the video. It's only about five seconds. He's still got more screen time than the playable characters, and is still the only character to get a line, and still shows up a fair whack in the images (three times I think, including the shot where he's reflected in a gasmask) but it's not as bad as I thought. I still don't like it very much. And I still don't like him. Then again, I don't like Chris or Jill very much either. They need to give those three a year or two off.

Comment

The 2 sec video of Leon is a copy, frame to frame, of RE2 intro, NOT UC.

It sounds like Mercer to me.

RE4 Leon is cocky cuz he survived RC and underwent special training. His cocky behaviour is mostly a result of psychological damage caused by RC events. Some people commit suicide, some hide, some go on a killing spree, and some become fearless killing machines, like Leon in RE4. And let's not forget... He wasn't a coward in RE2 as well. Only people with guts survived RC. And RE4 is NOT a horror game, never was. It's an action-adventure + survival ACTION (official Capcom marketing word used for RE4) + parody on CLICHED action movies and parody on CLICHED RE series + a little of black comedy here and there.

Next, Leon is NOT overused in this game. He was a MAIN CHARACTER in RE2 long before RE4.

And Capcom finally created a logo for USS... For good or bad. Pause the helicopter, it's painted on it, in the dark.

Comment

LICKER or something that looks like him at 0:47. It's full 1 sec. Use frame by frame view or slow-mo. Lower left corner, on the road. They way it moves, especially what appears to be a rear leg is very reminiscent of a Licker.

Comment

Claire was the main character in RE2 as well, you don't see them mentioning her at all.

Comment

Ok, u can only see Licker-alike in a good quality video, NOT in the one posted on youtube. I used this 1 on www.gamersyde.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thanatos-R View Post
                              The 2 sec video of Leon is a copy, frame to frame, of RE2 intro, NOT UC.
                              How is that a bad thing? And he was in DSC not UC.

And yeah that sounds like Paul Mercer to me, with a slightly different tone but I can recognize him. Seems like he's trying to sound like a younger Leon.

Comment

The zombie movement looked a bit stiff (haha, yes) but looking like it will be fun.

As to the Leon focus worries, maybe in each trailer leading up to the release they will reveal a new returning character. Just because only see Leon now doesn't mean he is only one.
                                Last edited by Dracarys; 03-31-2011, 06:08 AM.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X