GamePro Magazine Preview's Operation Racoon City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GamePro Magazine Preview's Operation Racoon City

The latest issue of the German GamePro Magazine has a preview of Operation Raccoon City where they write about seeing a playable slice of the game. The preview has been translated by the folks over at Rely on Horror. The gist is that the game very much acts like a team based shooter with each member of your squad having unique traits, and on a positive note this is the first Resident Evil game where you can run and shoot at the same time.

Read the full translation at the link below.

Operation Raccoon City GamePro Preview

Originally posted by A-J View Post
    and on a positive note this is the first Resident Evil game where you can run and shoot at the same time.
    Hmmm.

Do i take the pedantic route, and suggest any of the rail-shooters actually did that?

Or just point out it will be possible in Mercs 3DS, and was available in the Outbreak games?

Buy hey, it's popupHorror, who cares for accuracy?

edit: Just seen the negatives the magazine puts in the preview: "stereotype protagonists" Don't care. "not much new" As expected. "Where’s the Horror?" Who expected horror?
    Last edited by Stu; 04-10-2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I kinda hoped for horror...

Oh, who am I kidding. I didn't expect it any more than I expected puzzles. Kinda think it might have a little exploring though. Please?

Comment

Or just point out it will be possible in Mercs 3DS, and was available in the Outbreak games?
        well .. walk and shoot isn't the same as run and shoot :p

Comment

I assumed they weren't distinguishing between the two.

Comment

I still believe there will be horror passages in the game like sewer system, Umbrella dead factory, etc...
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
              I still believe there will be horror passages in the game like sewer system, Umbrella dead factory, etc...
              All littered with chest high walls for cover :p

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                and was available in the Outbreak games?
                The walking and shooting feature was ONLY in Outbreak File 2.

Comment

Dead Aim too.
                  http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                  http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                  Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I already mentioned in the 15th Anniversary Trailer thread that I had picked up the newest issue of OXM with the ORC cover story, but I just found the latest issue of Playstation: The Official Magazine with their own ORC cover story this weekend.

If anyone wants scans, send me a pm.

Comment

I'm so getting this magazine as soon as it is available!

Comment

Hmm.

I'm digging the ability to lure zombies by wounding an enemy, and then smile while the hordes of zombies close in on them. Such a Nicholai thing to do
                        Last edited by REmaster; 04-10-2011, 06:56 PM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                          Hmm.

I'm digging the ability to lure zombies by wounding an enemy, and then smile while the hordes of zombies close in on them. Such a Nicholai thing to do
                          I'm pretty sure he did EXACTLY that in the SD Perry novel to a fellow UBCS member.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            I'm pretty sure he did EXACTLY that in the SD Perry novel to a fellow UBCS member.
                            Hell yes, I loved that part.

Last edited by REmaster; 04-10-2011, 06:59 PM.
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

he needs to be in this game... and be a multiplayer skin. god i want that more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X