• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that actually Leon's RE4 model?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon
      Is that actually Leon's RE4 model?

(Someones HR textures for RE4 Leon, Couldn't find a good picture of the RPD outfit)
      Spoiler:

RE4's Leon has quite a unique face, especially compared to his latter incarnation.

I'm pretty sure it is. Stared at the RE4 models enough to know. If you look, the contrast of the face is the same, with the darkened eyes, the nose is the same, the brow is the same, the hair is the same as well as the ear. So its a safe bet that its the RE4 model.
      Last edited by Enrico Marini; 04-12-2011, 03:24 AM.

Comment

You can tell just by looking at the hair that it's the RE4 model.

The cutscene model, however, is from Darkside Chronicles' cutscenes.

Comment

OMG OMG LEON LOOKS LIKE HIMSELF FROM RESIDENT EVIL 4 !!!!!!!!!!!
          DOOOH of course he does its leon !! XD for fuck sake.

Comment

Bit of a diference between 'he looks like himself' and 'we're using a 6 or 7 year old model'. It just smells of lazy on Slant Six's part...which, given the other elements they're being lazy on, is rather unnerving.

Comment

... So you want him to look different in every installment? Damn, people can't be pleased with anything.

Comment

...nooooo, not really. Nor what I said. What I actually said was that using his old, previous generation model rather than making a current gen model, or at least updating his old model somewhat, smacks of lazyness. Which, given the shortcuts they've taken elsewhere, does not bode well for a good game.

Sorta like if they'd used Wesker's RE4 model in RE5.

As you can see, a bit of a difference. Hopefully, this is simply a place holder model until they can get his new one ready.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having Leon in ORC resembling his DSC incarnation - shorter hair, younger looks. This is his first day on the job afterall.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

I want him to look like his RE2 version, as much as possible. I just don't want them to half-ass it.

Comment

Which I think was achieved in Darkside Chronicles.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

It's not the models they need to update, it's the textures that make mesh's look good.

Resident Evil Remakes models were surprisingly high in triangles due to them using the static backgrounds they could push the models more.

So it's all down to slight model adjustments and the biggest of them all the textures.

This is a multiplayer based game, and that means they must compensate even more.

Anyone ever think that maybe they used the old Zombies in the art work to save time and get some of that old inspiration flowing?

Whats better? to spend time and money on making new concepts for already existing Zombies, or to use that time and money on concentrating on getting the primary work done and solid?

EDIT: Hey guys new ORC screens and wow I'm liking the look of those Hunters:

Capcom opened up with a veritable salvo of news not one hour ago, so bear with me while I assemble it all. First up are…
                        Last edited by shanemurphy; 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM.

Comment

It's looking nice and all but didn't Left 4 Dead sorta do this years ago? Still i do like the idea of a free-roaming Racoon City, and it's about damn time the series went back to zombies instead of stupid ganado. Not liking the look of the stealth thing though, it's RE not MGS.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                            It's looking nice and all but didn't Left 4 Dead sorta do this years ago? Still i do like the idea of a free-roaming Racoon City, and it's about damn time the series went back to zombies instead of stupid ganado. Not liking the look of the stealth thing though, it's RE not MGS.
                            The stealth does seem out of place, but I wont mind if it has its own weaknesses. +5 zombies and humans, -10 BOWs....something along those lines.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                            X