Tibits on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tibits on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

The latest issue of Dengeki PS offer some tibits on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

According to the magazine, some of the Resident Evil: Outbreak development team are working together with Slant Six on the development of the title. It will also be the bloodiest title in the series.

Developed by SOCOM developers Slant Six, Operation Raccoon City puts you into the shoes of an Umbrella Security Service officer. Your character is a member of a four man squad. When you’re not playing with friends, the computer takes over the other three characters.

An interesting tidbit from Dengeki’s feature mentions Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has significantly more recorded lines than originally planned. This suggests the scenario may be longer than the first draft too.

Source: Siliconera

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
    According to the magazine, some of the Resident Evil: Outbreak development team are working together with Slant Six on the development of the title.
    Sweet. So it's sort of an spiritual sequel of the Outbreak series huh?

It will also be the bloodiest title in the series.
    There will be blood. Oh yes!

So far, so good... Still I want to see how this alternate canon story will unfold. Killing Leon is a good start LOL.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Sweet. Hopefully we get Outbreak-ish DLCs. Maybe a civilian DLC pack or something?
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

The latest pics with Hunters already did it for me. I'm sold.

One thing though, and i'm probably gonna be hated (even more so) for this one - I want to play as Leon!
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Other reports (previews) are saying that it's only a Socom "mod", so don't get too excited with the "outbreak succesor".

The game is what it is, take it or leave it. I'm excited for the game and I think it will be fun but I'm not expecting anything near the outbreak series at all.

Comment

Aww, no Gamma hunters? those things were hilarious!

*oh isn't he a cute little froggy, AAAAUGH!*

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              I want to play as Leon!
              It would make a lot of sense, especially in the multiplayer, for there to be a 'heroes' team of the Raccoon City Good Guys as a bonus. Rather than just guys in wierd black commando gear VS wierd grey commando gear...

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                Aww, no Gamma hunters? those things were hilarious!

*oh isn't he a cute little froggy, AAAAUGH!*
                lol, I wouldn't be suprised if they're in there somewhere, along with betas. I'd like to see some lickers, stingers and Nemesis myself.

Please, no moths k thx.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                  Sweet. So it's sort of an spiritual sequel of the Outbreak series huh?
                  About as much as Avatar is the spiritual sequel to Terminator 2!

Comment

Yes, basically, the only similarities between Outbreak and ORC are that both play online, both are set in Raccoon City and both have Resident Evil in there title. Beyond that, there's no real resembelance. ORC appears to be a team based third person shooter game with zombies, Hunters and Mr X. It also may or may not be some kind of alternative reality where you can shoot Leon.

Outbreak, on the other hand, is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      About as much as Avatar is the spiritual sequel to Terminator 2!
                      You did not just compare Outbreak to Terminator 2.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Your character is a member of a four man squad. When you’re not playing with friends, the computer takes over the other three characters.
                        Argh... I don't want COMs playing with me

Comment

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
                          Argh... I don't want COMs playing with me
                          Now you have THREE Sheva's to deal with.

Can anyone hear Bertha saying, "GIMMIE VAN EGG!"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                            Other reports (previews) are saying that it's only a Socom "mod", so don't get too excited with the "outbreak succesor".
                            See, I'd take this at face value if there was an extra hostile and undiscriminating enemy element in the SOCOM games.
                            Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 04-13-2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                              Now you have THREE Sheva's to deal with. Can anyone hear Bertha saying, "GIMMIE VAN EGG!"
                              MY GOD. Thank you ValentinesDead; you just saved me $60.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X