Resident Evil 6 Will Be Completely Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 Will Be Completely Different

Last week, MarcaPlayer.com, a Spanish video game news site caught up with Capcom producer, Masachika Kawata, who when asked about Resident Evil 6, had this to say :

The series will undergo a complete renovation in next installment, on all levels. We must not forget that thanks to the latest titles in the series we have seen a gigantic universe of possibilities open up for Resident Evil. I can not say if it will be a survival horror game or a shooter type of game, but it will be something completely new.
    The above quote was loosely translated from Spanish; here is the original quote from the article:

La saga experimentará una renovación total con la siguiente entrega, a todos los niveles. Pero no tenemos que olvidar que gracias a los últimos títulos de la misma hemos conocido un universo gigante de posibilidades para Resident Evil. No puedo decir si trabajaremos sobre un survival horror o un shooter, pero sí que será algo totalmente nuevo.
    The article mostly deals with the Slant Six game, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, but the last chunk of the article was dedicated to Resident Evil 6.

Source : MarcaPlayer.com [Google Translation].

Thanks to Zombie Fred for pointing this out as well.
    Last edited by Project Omega; 04-27-2011, 02:21 PM.

Completely different? Yeah, I dont think so.

The only way it could be different from RE5 is if it was good.

Comment

Nice atleast we know its in its planning stage and there IS hope for it, so thats a positive. Thanks for the post

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post

Well yeah, they did say they have a universe of possibilities, so thats alot to be working with, and hopefully they'll put back the emphasis on survival horror more then action if they take in fan idea's. But yeah, until we see a trailer or confirmed screens for the game, we can only speculate, I guess.

Comment

Kawata is a little late to the party here.

Takeuchi already stated this back when RE5 was released.

Comment

Not looking forward to this given Crapcom's interpretation of 'completely different' and a reboot for Devil May Cry.

Comment

Devil May Cry needed a reboot after DMC4. Badly.

And while I'm still not sold on the art design and story direction (but honestly, who plays DMC for the story?), I have some hope for DmC from a strictly gameplay perspective, because I actually quite enjoyed Enslaved.

In any case, Capcom needs to pull a rabbit out of its hat after Bayonetta beat them, and beat them hard, at their own game.

Comment

And now for something completely different...

Comment

So...run AND gun?

Comment

I would love it if they go back to the old horror zombies and stop with all the action and gunfights. I want the atmosphere the scrapped RE4 early gameplay had.
                    This is REsident evil 4 before they changed it and made it into what it is today

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post

Got'em

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        Kawata is a little late to the party here.

Takeuchi already stated this back when RE5 was released.
                        And Shinji Mikami said it before RE5 was released and before any of those those 2 posers even mentioned it in the media.

Mikami: "Resident Evil 6 will have to reinvent the series with another full model change or else it won't be able to keep on going"
                        At this point, Capcom could resurrect Titus Interactive (of Superman 64 fame) and hire them so they make a game based on any genre and have them slap the RE logo on it. It would still sell. So, RE6 could turn out to be anything.... and people would still buy it.

At least that's the idea Capcom shareholders subscribe to when it comes to Resident Evil. Thus why we have so many RE games coming out. Some of them not even made by Capcom.

EDIT: Just noticed we don't have signature images here at THIA anymore... cool.
                        Last edited by Pikminister; 04-27-2011, 05:52 PM.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                          EDIT: Just noticed we don't have signature images here at THIA anymore... cool.
                          You must have missed when Dot said he was doing a signature wipe a while back. You can put your signature back in now.

The site's news archive. You can post comments about each news post here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            And Shinji Mikami said it before RE5 was released and before any of those those 2 posers even mentioned it in the media.
                            Yeah, but he was no longer with Capcom when he said that.

While I personally would give more credence to something he says than anything that's ever come out of Takeuchi or Kawata's mouths, as far as Capcom's concerned, it doesn't matter what Mikami thinks anymore.

Comment

Kind of old news. I will give it a chance, but if they reboot the series I hope they leave out the original characters.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X