No announcement yet.

Milla Jovovich's Twitter Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't it an honest intent? Of course his intent is to make money, like all companies do and you'd be naive to think otherwise. His films are going to be aimed at the biggest audience (action) rather than a handful of old school RE gamers whose dosh probably wouldn't even front the development costs. At least it is and always has been blatantly obvious who the films are aimed at, rather than churning out shit labelled "fear you won't forget" or "action horror". Capcom have screwed fans over in many ways, much more than Anderson. With him, you knew what you were getting. Capcom keep milking the cash cow, 'rebooting', holding out part of the game as DLC. That's why I don't have any faith in Capcom products and am much more interested in other franchises right now.

And I would also like to point out it isn't Anderson's responsibility to keep the game fans happy, that is Capcoms.
    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 05-23-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
      she lost much respect from me. And she seems like she's making excuses for Paul about the "expert RE players"

And when the films came out, what was the state of Resi? I think REmake was just released right? and that sold fairly well.

They rescued RE....no, no they didn't.
      REmake rescued RE.

Fact.

But then, survival horror became action horror/shooter horror/fps horror... oh you get the idea.

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

RE4 saved the brand. Whether it rescued RE is another matter...

The sad truth of things is, REmake did better than most the RE games made around then, and it didn't do that well. Not well enough, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
          Why isn't it an honest intent? Of course his intent is to make money, like all companies do and you'd be naive to think otherwise.
          Since you didn't read my entire post here ya go.

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          His intent is to make money, not tell a good story. Thats why its not really an honest intent, because an honest attempt would be putting more focus on the games universe, characters, and settings instead of sporadically taking bits and pieces from game 2, game 4, and game 5 and calling it 'Resident Evil:Revengstation" or whatever.

Comment

You obviously didn't understand my post. His intent IS an honest intent. It is an honest intent to make money, as all businesses do. And you are naive if you think otherwise, and you think he honestly cares what RE fans think.

Comment

You obviously didn't understand my post. His intent IS an honest intent. It is an honest intent to make money, as all businesses do. And you are naive if you think otherwise, and you think he honestly cares what RE fans think.
              I did understand your post, but I chose to ignore it since you didn't read all of my post. en guard.

Comment

I read your entire post and I just told you why your argument seemed silly, as if it's news that businesses produce things for monetary gain. That is all I will say on the matter as I'm getting bored of pointing out the obvious and my argument seems to be flying straight over your head (the fact I responded directly to the quote you posted but somehow I "haven't read your post").

Comment

Once again you missed the point I was trying to make and chose to focus instead on a different part of what I said.

What I said:
                  His intent is to make money, not tell a good story. Thats why its not really an honest intent, because an honest attempt would be putting more focus on the games universe, characters, and settings instead of sporadically taking bits and pieces from game 2, game 4, and game 5 and calling it 'Resident Evil:Revengstation" or whatever.

What you said:
                  Why isn't it an honest intent? Of course his intent is to make money, like all companies do and you'd be naive to think otherwise. His films are going to be aimed at the biggest audience (action) rather than a handful of old school RE gamers whose dosh probably wouldn't even front the development costs.

What my point is:
                  an honest attempt would be putting more focus on the games universe, characters, and settings instead of sporadically taking bits and pieces from game 2, game 4, and game 5 and calling it 'Resident Evil:Revengstation" or whatever.

What your point is:
                  Capcom have screwed fans over in many ways, much more than Anderson

There now that everyone who is wondering what we're arguing about is knows and I got to repost my point once more.

I understand your anger and Capcom and I share it, however the topic is kind of about Anderson making movies that have little or nothing to do with the series.

Comment

No, you just proved you DON'T know what my point is. My point is your idea on an "honest intent". Why isn't his intent honest? When has he ever said his intent was to make films to please RE fans? Why are you making out he's a liar who has decieved fans by being such a horrible person by wanting to make money from his films?
                    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 05-25-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

No, you just proved you DON'T know what my point is. My point is your idea on an "honest intent".
                      Then thats your fault for shifting the argument from what I said about Andersons 'honest intent', to Capcom in your previous post. You brought up another point and I responded to it, thats two points of yours I've now responded too.

I'm going to take a step back now because the rest of your post just leaned shifted from sarcasm to rage.
                      Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-25-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

You overestimate how much I care about your posts if you think that's rage, obviously it is my fault if I make two points in a post because you can only respond to one; and I've still not seen a response my original point other than requoting - what isn't honest about making a film with the intent to make the most money, when he's never claimed otherwise?

Comment

Milla Jovovich said on twitter that Shawn Roberts will be back as Wesker.

Comment

Last edited by Zombie Fred; 09-18-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X