No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love RE5 too. For me It¨S the best RE game alongside with REmake.

btw Can't wait fo Revelations
    Spoiler:

Comment

I like RE5. I don't think it's amazing, but it's not terrible either. I think it's a better game than RE4.
      See you in hell.

Comment

I'll give RE5 something in that it made me laugh more than any other RE game (cos of co-op) but RE4 is just plain better.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
          I'll give RE5 something in that it made me laugh more than any other RE game (cos of co-op) but RE4 is just plain better.
          One major reason I liked RE4 though is this:

See you in hell.

Comment

^Chow Yun Fat wore the same outfit in the opening sequence of The Killer.
            sigpic

Comment

Gosh, the game is sooo low res

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                Gosh, the game is sooo low res
                On a low resolution console? GET OUTTA TOWN!!

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                Would agree with that!

Comment

"My Face Is Proof That Revelations Is Scary" Video impressions in the link below:
                  http://www.destructoid.com/my-face-i...y-203605.phtml

If you want me to completely lose my sh*t over a new 3DS game, the path is: combine new, modern gameplay elements with a passionate respect for my favorite games of old. It worked for Super Mario on the 3DS, and it's working for Resident Evil: Revelations. This is the game that I wish Resident Evil 5 had been.

I actually had my doubts about the game, as I wasn't sure that Capcom would really commit to taking Resident Evil 4's action-friendly engine and fusing horror-focused pacing and the style of Resident Evil 1. I was wrong. Capcom got their feet wet with mixing Resident Evil 1 and 4 with Resident Evil 5's Lost in Nightmares DLC, but they're really going all in with Resident Evil: Revelations.

The game really gets under your skin, and it doesn't waste any time getting there. It was just a few seconds in before that "Looks like I'm f*cked" feeling -- the one that used to be so pervasive in the Resident Evil series -- set in, and it stayed there throughout my time with the game.

If you're one of those people who've been complaining that true survival horror has died, you only have yourselves to blame about that if you don't support this game.
                  Nice to see an optimistic preview for once.
                  Last edited by PracticalAl; 06-13-2011, 10:36 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Time will tell when it comes to Capcom products. You can't let the hype get to you otherwise you'll be stuck with something like "RE5 does retain its fear from the segment we played where you're in the caves and your partner needs to shine a light for you to see."

The demo could be something but it's only a taste of the whole experience.

That said I do like the idea of more puzzles; less ammo.

I'm not going to buy a 3DS just yet for one promising game, but if the library gets better over time and people I can trust say this one does bring the scares back by the time it's out then I'll be sure to pick it up down the road. If it's anything like the development of mercenaries 3D where it's laziness cut and paste all around then I'll pass. But so far as I've said the story and setting aren't exactly original.

Oh and is it too late to call "RE: Revelations Wii U Edition"?
                    Last edited by Smiley; 06-13-2011, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Parker and Jessica look like cool characters to play as. Hopefully they don't die cos this game is actually set before RE5 I think...

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                        As time goes on I'm seriously all alone in my admiration of Resident Evil 5 - does anyone out there actually like it?
                        I like it: both the gameplay and the story. Sure the game was about Wesker with a god-complex but at the same time the game returned to the classic RE themes (biohazard outbreak, B.O.W. black market, unethical corporations conspiracy, treason), gave an end to few plotpoints from previous games, introduced new corporations (B.S.A.A., Tricell), gave a backstory to Spencer's doing and Umbrella's history and, above all, killed-off Wesker. The final confrontation was disappointing (to say the least), but the game finally moved the storyline forward so we're not stuck in 1998/Raccoon City anymore.

About Revelations, I like how the game plays and looks, and that Capcom is returning to the horror genre, but I don't like both character and monster design. I can't believe they threw away Julia Voth look (aka the best looking Jill), and replaced her with generic sexy lady look. Also, the art on official BH Revelations front page is hilariously bad :/. Jessica's and Parker's look are just ok. Monsters look ridiculous though, in a non-scary kind of way.
                        Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 06-19-2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

nice to see capcom hasn't totally forgotten the old fans

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            I like RE5. I don't think it's amazing, but it's not terrible either. I think it's a better game than RE4.
                            Oh you DO, do you sir!?

I challenge you to a formal debate on this! How is March 10 of this year for you? Don't let the calender fool you, It'll be March again soon enough

Comment

I'm with Spencer on this, I like RE5 a lot more than 4.

Comment

I'll debate with you on April of this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X