No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*checks calendar* Hrm... You know, I think I may be able to squeeze it in. Perfect! Down for April.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Chris looks even more like an ape with that face.

Comment

Chris looks like an angry bullet.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            Oh you DO, do you sir!?

I challenge you to a formal debate on this! How is March 10 of this year for you? Don't let the calender fool you, It'll be March again soon enough
            I'll send Canas out to deal with you, I've got important business to attend to.

See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
              Chris looks like an angry bullet.
              His head does kind of come to a point, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                I'm with Spencer on this, I like RE5 a lot more than 4.
                Im with you guys too, i enjoyed RE5 more than RE4 for the plot alone.

Merceneries with co-op was amazing, so was versus.

RE4 as fresh as the gameplay was back then it simply didnt had a good story (at least one that i cared about) and the story is the most important part of a game for me, to be honest if it wasnt for the new gameplay i wouldnt had bothered.

Comment

Trust me, even if you don't care at all for the overall RE plot, it's still an awful story. So many crappy plot devices and clichés. And that's before you get to the script.

Comment

Not to mention they also killed off Umbrella on the intro.

I almost lose my mind over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      Trust me, even if you don't care at all for the overall RE plot, it's still an awful story. So many crappy plot devices and clichés. And that's before you get to the script.
                      And yet it was still better written than Resident Evil 5.

Yeah, I said it.

I would also like to add that every Resident Evil's story is full of crappy plot devices and cliches. That's kind of what Resident Evil is, like it or not. It's when the series tries to take a step towards drama or character pathos that it falls flat on its face. Resident Evil is at its best when it's cheesy, B-movie camp. This is not a series where characters should be saying things like, "More and more I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for..."

Resident Evil 5 sorely needed more "I just had an extreme makeover!" and much less "Let's make a stand for our fallen brothers."
                      Last edited by Archelon; 07-04-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Oh, goodness yes. Resident Evil's plot is hardly a paragon of awesome tales. RE4's is just...worse than usual. Too much cheese, like one of those really strong ones that makes your eyes water. Rescuing the President's Teenage Daughter? From evil mind controlling Parasites? Just...too much. Especially given Leon's typical reaction is a one liner. He even does the Hero Scream for guys he's known a few hours, or even minutes!

The only way I can think of them making it more stereotyped is he'd nailed one of the female leads in the ending, James Bond style, while Hunnigan tried to call.

Comment

I agree with Arch. RE5 felt like it was trying to be too serious, when we all know that is impossible in a game that debuted a bat/centipede BOW.. I'll take RE4's action, b-horror movie flavored cheese over RE5's poorly executed melodrama any day of the week. :p..
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Rescuing the President's Teenage Daughter?
                            She's 20, actually.

Especially given Leon's typical reaction is a one liner.
                            Leon is the John Mothereffin' McClane of Resident Evil.

The only way I can think of them making it more stereotyped is he'd nailed one of the female leads in the ending, James Bond style, while Hunnigan tried to call.
                            That right there is the only thing keeping him from being the James Bond of the Resident Evil series.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              Leon is the John Mothereffin' McClane of Resident Evil.
                              Oh no you didn't!
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                Oh no you didn't!
                                Oh yes I did....ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X