Resident Evil Revelations News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if he wore a string vest...

But even McClane occasionally got worried, frustrated or some other emotion other smug. I think the closest Leon gets is a muttered, 'Damnit' and the Hero Scream. 'I've just lost the president's daughter? While facing monsters far tougher than human in numbers that mean I'm de-populating large section of the Spanish Countryside? With a parasite taking over my brain slowly trying to steal my free will? Damn. I thought today would be rough.'

Different tastes, but Leon's attitude doesn't do RE4 any favours.

Comment

Hes attitude in Degeneration is awful aswell.

That scene when Claire is blaming herself.. he just...stands there like a fucking robot.

Always disliked that.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        But even McClane occasionally got worried, frustrated or some other emotion other smug. I think the closest Leon gets is a muttered, 'Damnit' and the Hero Scream. 'I've just lost the president's daughter? While facing monsters far tougher than human in numbers that mean I'm de-populating large section of the Spanish Countryside? With a parasite taking over my brain slowly trying to steal my free will? Damn. I thought today would be rough.'
        Just another day at the office for Leon S. Kennedy.

Originally posted by Vito View Post

That scene when Claire is blaming herself.. he just...stands there like a fucking robot.

Always disliked that.
        He also consoles her while he's standing there. And he showed a heck of a lot more concern for her when her leg was injured than he did anyone else.
        Last edited by Archelon; 07-05-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Still hes expresion... i cant get over that robotic expresion.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post

Always disliked that.
            Well, Degeneration was awful in general. Capcom had the chance to finally show up Anderson and give fans the real thing and instead blew it.

Comment

The movie was good but it failed to give something relevant to the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                RE5 felt like it was trying to be too serious
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

The fact that RE5 was trying to be so serious and dramatic is the very reason things like everything Wesker said when he opened his mouth and Chris punching a boulder felt so out of place, even for Resident Evil.

If those things had been in Resident Evil 4, for example, or even the previous Resident Evils to be quite honest, it'd just be par for the course.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 07-05-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Can we leave McClane out of this?
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      Can we leave McClane out of this?
                      It's too late.

McClane has a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        The fact that RE5 was trying to be so serious and dramatic is the very reason things like everything Wesker said when he opened his mouth and Chris punching a boulder felt so out of place, even for Resident Evil.

If those things had been in Resident Evil 4, for example, or even the previous Resident Evils to be quite honest, it'd just be par for the course.
                        Every RE game tries to be serious and dramatic. And fails. However they are entertaining because of it.

Except RE4 which tried to be cheesy. Then it isn't funny, like when you need explain a joke.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Resident Evil 4 didn't have to try to be cheesy. It just plain was.

And I'd argue that no Resident Evil thus far has taken itself as seriously as Resident Evil 5. Save for perhaps CODE: Veronica, but even that is a stretch in comparison.

Comment

• What about REmake, that one seemed to take itself pretty seriously.

Comment

• To be fair, REmake is probably the least cheeseball game in the series. It has its moments, but it doesn't take itself so seriously that the B-movie trappings don't feel as out of place as they do in, say, Resident Evil 5.

With CODE: Veronica, it was more an issue of terrible voice acting than anything else. Resident Evil 5, on the other hand, had relatively decent voice acting, so that isn't so much of a factor.
                              Last edited by Archelon; 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                Well, if he wore a string vest...

Different tastes, but Leon's attitude doesn't do RE4 any favours.
                                Time to debunk the stereotype of Leon never showing emotion. What does the entire sequence where he hides in the house prior to Dr. Salvador's arrival tell you? If you answered anything else but worry and surprise, you haven't played RE4 in forever. Does he not get worried every time Ashley is caught? Does he not get angry when he confronted with certain death (falling ceiling trap)? Does he not show fear when he meets Bitores for the first time after his earlier failure to subdue him? Is he not still naive enough to fall for all of Ada's tricks?

There's more, but the point is that Leon isn't as inhuman as people make him out to be. He's not all that different from his RE2 persona, actually.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who actually pays attention in RE4 instead of just writing it off as inconsequential.

Just my 2c before getting back on topic.

ON-TOPIC: I'm still cautiously optimistic about Revelations. After my hype and disappointment in 5, I don't want to put too much stock in what the developers say. Although I do like the throwback of Parker resembling Barry in personality (and girth, I dare say).
                                A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Working...
                                X