X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV achievements list
    sigpic

Comment

• 12 achievements. I think i'll lead the line with this one...

"LAZY CAPCOM!!"

If they keep it to 12 for Resident Evil 4, that's a fucking disgrace.

Comment

• 12 achievements to fit with the XBLA standard, but 1000g 'cause they're going GoD instead of XBLA ('cause of unusual restrictions)

Comment

• achievements....meh

couldn't care less.

Give me a gameplay video/demo and I'll be more interested.
          Last edited by Humor Tumor; 07-07-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• I guess it's because there are only 12, but you'd think they could come up with some a little more creative than those. Most of those you'll get just by playing through the game without doing anything special. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
              12 achievements to fit with the XBLA standard, but 1000g 'cause they're going GoD instead of XBLA ('cause of unusual restrictions)
              XBLA's restrictions don't factor into any of this though. There's no excuse for just the 12.

Comment

• Very weak achievements, you basically have to finish the game. I was expecting something like killing X zombies with the knife or finish the game without using first aid sprays.

Comment

• achievements dosent matter anyway its about the game not the achievements.

Comment

• You know what does matter? Punctuation.

No one is saying the accolade systems "matter", they do add replayability to a game though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      XBLA's restrictions don't factor into any of this though. There's no excuse for just the 12.
                      Blind guess; Initial plan was to do XBLA releases + a disc compilation, but 'cause of the 2.1gb restriction currently in place they weren't able to push things below that size (how on earth they couldn't crunch things below that beats me).

In the end, guess they didn't feel like pumpin' up the amount of achievement after changing release platform.

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      No one is saying the accolade systems "matter", they do add replayability to a game though.
                      Replay value matters to me. I like it when the achievements are properly pulled off (a mixture of performance and progression milestones followed by some random extra challenges)

Comment

• but achivments dosent give you anything just a bigger ego .. OOH LOOK i got OVER 9000 !!!
                        xD you know thats why im glad they never put achivments in metal gear solid 4
                        always fun to see when fans cry because they cant get there presures achivments from that game.

Comment

• Is the kid who throws a hissyfit the moment anyone disrespects Outbreak really laughing at others crying? haha genius.

Let's break it down slooooooowly foooooooor yoooooooou.

Achievements, add replayability. They make you want to play through a game for a second, third, fourth etc time.

So what if some people use them as a device to fuel an ego? To say achievements are solely the playground of the ego is naive.

Comment

• Achievements are the reason I play games on the highest difficulty, which has actually improved my gaming abilities. I've also derived a lot of fun out of it too.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                              Is the kid who throws a hissyfit the moment anyone disrespects Outbreak really laughing at others crying? haha genius.

Let's break it down slooooooowly foooooooor yoooooooou.

Achievements, add replayability. They make you want to play through a game for a second, third, fourth etc time.

So what if some people use them as a device to fuel an ego? To say achievements are solely the playground of the ego is naive.
                              i knew you would start on the outbreak crap again you just cant let it go and im not a kid im 22 and what about youself 29 ? and you act like your 12 so whos the kid here.
                              always you involve outbreak into it let it go for gods sake.
                              spend your time on something els its better for you.
                              its not my bloody fault you dident enjoy outbreak but at least for the people who loves it why do you have to be such a asshole about it?
                              they just want something they think is special why you have to be a dick about it ?.. its not our fault you dont like outbreak at least start acting your age and stop your insultes to the outbreak fans.
                              Last edited by rehunk88; 07-08-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• haha, well played!

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                Achievements are the reason I play games on the highest difficulty, which has actually improved my gaming abilities. I've also derived a lot of fun out of it too.
                                Exactly the point.

I've played Resident Evil 4 countless times on most formats in the past (have i mentioned before that it's factually the single greatest game of all time?) and was really looking forward to doing it all again, achievements or trophies would've thrown something different into the mix to make me want to play through again.

If they go with 12 for RE4 as well, i'll most likely only pick up CVX since that's the only Resi game i've never completed.

Comment

Working...
                                X