Capcom Announces Biohazard 15th Anniversary Box Set For PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    The thing is, the disc games will usually run on some standard/default configuration of the PS1 backwards compatibility mode (and with whatever's the latest revision of it). The PSN games appears to be locked to a specific build of the PS1 emulator and with a specific configuration for that game. This makes some games have noticeable differences between their retail and PSN counterparts.

Not sure how they handle games with CDDA these days, but in general; the data in the PSN versions are 1:1 ISOs of the original discs (usually compressed).
    Right, makes some sense.. I didn't think they would compress the audio on purpose, though to be honest they seem almost the same to me - I suppose because it was my first time playing RE1-3 on a HDTV setup and I had no basis for comparison/couldn't care less..

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
      Right, makes some sense.. I didn't think they would compress the audio on purpose, though to be honest they seem almost the same to me - I suppose because it was my first time playing RE1-3 on a HDTV setup and I had no basis for comparison/couldn't care less..
      Yeah there is audio/video compression. It's not bad but noticeable. I first noticed the audio compression when I was playing them on my headphones. The video compression is pretty obvious as the screens are blurry as hell.

Also about the emulators they use. Each game is not configured differently but rather just made into a self-boot image with the emu as the bootloader and having auto run the enclosed game image. Same with how the hacked PSP-PSX emulator worked. Actually it's the exact same emulator.

I am still very stoked for new PS1 discs! That just sound incredible to me. Tasty tasty!!
      Last edited by Zombie_X; 07-18-2011, 08:26 PM.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I think for most people its fully playable. I would still recommend the PSN versions over the CD versions, which are frankly an annoyance in this day and age.. Getting up off the sofa, finding the case etc., might as well mow the lawn too while its loading.

Comment

True,but I kinda like getting off my ass to get my cd from my game self a put it in my system.
          sigpic
          www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

I like discs far more than digital. At least you know the disc will never be taken off a server. And you don't need an internet connection.

Comment

Digital is 100% perfect every time.. and when you have children they'll pwn your game collection, don't say they won't because they always find a way. After which your discs will begin to load up like crap.. And do you need an internet connection to play the game? I think your thinking of the old days of drm.. last I checked PSN stuff was slightly more flexible, can play it offline after its activated - though I don't remember the last time my Internet was offline so I'm just guessing..

And you'll be using the PS3 drive to play ancient PS1 discs.. bringing it closer to death every spin.. at least use it for some new games before it dies.. consoles are fragile these days..

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                I like discs far more than digital. At least you know the disc will never be taken off a server. And you don't need an internet connection.
                It's the same. Disc based games can be taken out of print too. And you don't need an internet connection to play digitial titles, though I guess you mean to buy them, right?

Who doesn't have internet now anyway, we are the prime example here.

Still, I can see why people would prefer disc based titles than digital. I like both actually, but when it comes to heavy games with tons of GBs I prefer disc(s) for obvious reasons.

Comment

Who is to say in 10 years if you can still download your games from PSN/XBL. What if your PS3/360 breaks and you need a new one? You may not be able to download them again by then, or even want to replace a decade old system.

A disc out of print is not the same, since you got that disc forever and can play it on an infinite amount of consoles, or even a PC. As long as the disc is taken care of.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                    Who is to say in 10 years if you can still download your games from PSN/XBL. What if your PS3/360 breaks and you need a new one? You may not be able to download them again by then, or even want to replace a decade old system.

A disc out of print is not the same, since you got that disc forever and can play it on an infinite amount of consoles, or even a PC. As long as the disc is taken care of.
                    And this is my point.

And as for internet connection. I only got one last year. For the last 10 years or so I was without one.

And I'm not so worried about my PS3 dying on me. Honestly it's a system I barely use, it has few games on it I want to play. For me it was one of the few times I felt "buyers remorse"

I'll stick with a physical medium, and I'm happy that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                      Digital is 100% perfect every time.. and when you have children they'll pwn your game collection, don't say they won't because they always find a way. After which your discs will begin to load up like crap..

And you'll be using the PS3 drive to play ancient PS1 discs.. bringing it closer to death every spin.. at least use it for some new games before it dies.. consoles are fragile these days..
                      I don't have kids and have no intrest in having any so i have no worries.lol.
                      plus I take care of my games.all of my games are well maintained every month.
                      Last edited by BrionIrons; 07-19-2011, 10:08 PM.
                      sigpic
                      www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

I have the discs and I plan to keep them but I got the psn versions to put on my psp

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                          And you don't need an internet connection to play digitial titles
                          This should be true, but where Capcom is involved, it might not be.

Example: Final Fight/Magic Sword on PS3. Digital download from Capcom. It cannot be played at all (even single player) without being online. When the Playstation Network went down (after being hacked), no-one was able to play it on their PS3s.

When I bought it there was no indication on the PSN Store that it wouldn't work offline. How Capcom can justify such ridiculous DRM is beyond me.

I'm not saying the Revival Selection downloads will need an internet connection to work, but to say they won't need one would be an assumption, not a fact.

Comment

This is why I really like a physical medium, it's there for you whether you have a connection or not.

Until there is a more global standard everyone has to meet for digital titles, I'm not buying into it all that much.

Comment

To each his own. I prefer both for different reasons. I don't think there's anything to be afraid from downloading digital titles but I can see why some people are still recluctant to get them this way.

Comment

I can't understand - is it limited edition(10000 copies or so?)

Want to look into bh 1 bh 2 bh 3 15th isos(if there is something interesting inside,some betastuff which they may "add" like with bh 3 ver. 1.1) - i'll make it after i get this collector edition
                                Last edited by ANDYARKLAY; 07-30-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X