Resident Evil Revelations TGS 2011 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    I find it oddly amusing that they actually have to advertise that there are puzzles in the game.
    Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    And to add insult to injury we're getting recycled "nostalgia" puzzles at that. I thought that was what Lost in Nightmares was all about. I had no idea Revelations was going to follow through the same way. Bringing something back to its roots doesn't mean you have to re-use the same stuff from it.
    I was just comg here to say that! I can't help but feel like the shotgun trap is CAPCOM saying "Hey remember this one you guys?! From the old games? The good ones? Huh? Huh?! Please buy this game. :I.." but, then again, I'm bitter. I will try to remain optimistic. If Revelations is anything like Lost in Nightmares I will be more than pleased.
    sigpic

Comment

One can only hope.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool when they did it in CODE: Veronica. I was kind of "ehhh..." about it when they did it again in Lost in Nightmares. Now it's just, why even bother?

Comment

P&P don't come for free.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
            I was just comg here to say that! I can't help but feel like the shotgun trap is CAPCOM saying "Hey remember this one you guys?! From the old games? The good ones? Huh? Huh?! Please buy this game. :I.." but, then again, I'm bitter. I will try to remain optimistic. If Revelations is anything like Lost in Nightmares I will be more than pleased.
            I feel the same way guys, but the game still looks better than RE4/RE5. And it does have new puzzles, as you can tell, with using the screwdriver to take off the lid and messing with the nodes. And I'm thrilled that they have the old map system back, as you can see in the scan.

You know that door in 1.5, that has the crate in front of it, and you have to drop from the second-floor roof and then move it? They later re-used that in Code Veronica, but that bottom-right picture in the scan reminds me of that. I like the fact that you have to move an object away from the door to go through it. When something reminds me of 1.5, it's good nostalgia.

I'm not thrilled though that there will be melee moves, and a counter-attack system. I like the fact that they are trying to keep it "Resident Evil", but they always have to add some "action" whenever they can, which I find annoying. But what are you gonna do? I'm still interested in this game. In fact, I'm a lot more interested in it than I am in ORC. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this game.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

You say that, but it just feels like more of the same. Perhaps the problem is that it won't break away from the over-the-shoulder shooter formula so naturally they're going to include some sort of melee just like Resident Evil 4. No matter what they try to include from the original they are still designing this game after RE4. The only innovation to be had will likely result in the 3DS features. Putting the 3D aside if we can make use of the touch screen for map, weapons, items, etc. then that will certainly be a load off for the player. If they use it for puzzles then that gives us some new ideas to take advantage of.

Comment

I dont understand you guys,
                first it was all about the puzzels... and horror... from resident evil 1 to 2 even 3,
                then we got re 4, and 5, then puzzels started to die out...
                and people complained about not enough puzzels... and finally now,
                they are trying to give it back to us ... and you complain again ??

i dont get it XD

Comment

It's the same damn puzzle for the 4th time, can't they come up with new stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                    It's the same damn puzzle for the 4th time, can't they come up with new stuff?
                    how do you know ? you played this game yet ?
                    nope .. just as i thought.

Comment

• Oh yeah, because when you get the shotgun nothing will happen, nope, nothing at all.

Comment

• The shotgun over the rack is becoming a staple. And we've already dealt with crest puzzles as well. The only reason those images are released is to bring back nostalgia. If puzzles are to become an essential part of the game play as they promoted at E3 then they're going to have to come up with some new ones to keep us interested.

Why not be clear on this rehunk88. The complaints are not about including puzzles, but rather recycling them.

If this is just one giant homage like in Lost in Nightmares then I'll be pretty underwhelmed which is why I hope the 3DS makes use for more clever puzzles to sort through. That screwdriver one looks alright though, and even though it's not my first go with those types in horror games at least the series hasn't beaten me over the head with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                          I'm not thrilled though that there will be melee moves, and a counter-attack system.
                          I like the counter attack system. It reminds me of the defense items in the REmake. Those were neat. Always loved killing the first crimson head by shoving a grenade in it's mouth and shooting it. ..
                          sigpic

Comment

• I wonder if they're bringing back the typewriter save system as well, or if they're sticking with the checkpoint save system. I would think they would stick with the typewriter, since it looks like you can backtrack on the ship to unlock doors.
                            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                              I wonder if they're bringing back the typewriter save system as well, or if they're sticking with the checkpoint save system. I would think they would stick with the typewriter, since it looks like you can backtrack on the ship to unlock doors.
                              I bet it will be a mix if both. it would make sense for the action\puzzle hybrid they seem to be going for.
                              sigpic

Comment

• From what I understand it's a checkpoint system, but that doesn't mean they won't have typewriters. The game is divided into "episodes" (a nice way of saying the chapter system from RE4 and RE5).

Comment

Working...
                                X