Resident Evil Revelations Extended Trailer on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
    You know, I actually agree with you. The usual routine of crazy Umbrella psychopath went on for too long, it was interesting at first but soon began to wear on me. It's great that we have a terrorist group for once as opposed to some malicious company doing who knows what, it's why I liked Curtis Miller in Degeneration.

Sure he wasn't exactly an antagonist but the idea of a terrorist using a biological weapon is fascinating in the RE universe. That's what the series needs more of, dealing with the realisation of how easy it is for these bio-weapons to fall into the hands of terrorists. I'm also wanting to see some political manueverings going on, they had a great plot thread with the U.S. government being involved with Umbrella but that seemed to have sadly fizzled out.

Think about that for a moment though, if certain high-ranking government officials were involved with Umbrella to the point where they were actively covering up Umbrella's activities and enabled them to get away with what they did for so long. The closest we got to that was Senator Ron Davis and the suspicious circumstances surrounding the former U.S. President's resignation, which we see at the beginning of Degeneration.

Not to mention the Spencer's Notebook file in RE5 which raises some intriguing points in regards to the U.S. government and the President in particular.

But no it's all vague and glossed over in favour of shoehorning in another unimportant throwaway character. Far too much focus is placed on making certain characters look badass, simply because they're popular. Classic example being Wesker. Unfortunately, Capcom had a genuinely interesting direction staring them in the face and they've pissed it away. Choosing a terrorist group as the newest incarnation's villains was a good move though, a step in the right direction at least. The more I look back at what I've written the more I realise what a missed opportunity RE5 was.
    Exactly.

Terrorism and Biological warfare are two things that are mentioned throughout the series, but never really witnessed(until now), always taking a backseat to supernatural cults and/or superhuman megalomaniacs in recent years. I'm curious as to how Veltro acquired the virus(es), perhaps through Irving's blackmarket trade?
    Last edited by REmaster; 09-21-2011, 05:26 AM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
      Rachel's design is pretty funky, but man...me is liking that level of gore, that's a fantastic cutscene actually, really well made and as usual capcom know how to do some great things with hardware.
      I don't believe that's a single cutscene but actually a collection of several that have been mixed together.

Based on the Revelations demo, Jill makes her way to where Rachel is at. That's when the cutscene where Boobarella gets 'killed' is activated. Then you get to control Jill once again and you proceed to kill the balloon-zombies. Then another cutscene is activated and its the one where Jill reports that she found a dead survivor.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
        Ya know, I think I'll pimp my little toon where I actually made fun of that line again. Enjoy, Old School RE fans.

F*cking hillarious, Wrathborne. Your talent is through the roof! You should parody the Rachel trailer. That would be amazing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
          F*cking hillarious, Wrathborne. Your talent is through the roof! You should parody the Rachel trailer. That would be amazing.
          Thats Fridays update if my voice actress comes through. Shes MIA right now.

Comment

Sweet! Hope she shows up before then!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              Ya know, I think I'll pimp my little toon where I actually made fun of that line again.

Enjoy, Old School RE fans.

Ha! I've actually seen this before! Never realized you made it though, good stuff!

Comment

its kind of stupid that jill is watching rachel untill she dies , like shes watching a movie , if i were in place of jill , i would have breaked the glass or window with anything even with my gun and shoot those monsters and help her .... but i could be wrong .... she didnt have enough time maybe .... also the camera stops at rachel once when jill reports .... i have a feeling that this means something is gonna happen ....
                the way she dies is soo sad : '( R.I.P Rachel ....
                also its said at the official site that her arm is wounded , but we never seen her holding her arm just like in her profile pic ....
                maybe she might revive ? lol remember that wesker got killed by a hands of a tyrant and revived cuz of a virus , he wouldn't even die in the lava if they didnt shot rockets at him ...
                she could be carrying a virus who knows ... and she might not ... time will tell ..
                Last edited by Mrox2; 09-22-2011, 08:19 AM.
                Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                  its kind of stupid that jill is watching rachel untill she dies , like shes watching a movie , if i were in place of jill , i would have breaked the glass or window with anything even with my gun and shoot those monsters and help her .... but i could be wrong .... she didnt have enough time maybe .... also the camera stops at rachel once when jill reports .... i have a feeling that this means something is gonna happen ....
                  the way she dies is soo sad : '( R.I.P Rachel ....
                  also its said at the official site that her arm is wounded , but we never seen her holding her arm just like in her profile pic ....
                  maybe she might revive ? lol remember that wesker got killed by a hands of a tyrant and revived cuz of a virus , he wouldn't even die in the lava if they didnt shot rockets at him ...
                  she could be carrying a virus who knows ... and she might not ... time will tell ..
                  Like I said before, I think we're seeing this cutscene out of context. In my opinion, this big cutscene is actually a collection of several cutscenes.

In this specific part of the game, you probably explore the ship as Jill Valentine, looking for survivors. The game then shows you a cutscene of a survivor, Rachel, meeting the water-zombies. They go after her, making a big fuzz in the process. Jill hears all that and runs to the source of the noise. And she eventually finds the area where Rachel is getting killed. The cutscene where she is killed is activated. Since you can't control Jill, she just stands there looking on. Once the cutscene ends, you enter the area and kill the water-dudes. Another cutscene springs where Jill reports about the survivor.

And yea, Rachel may become the new Alex... I mean, Albert Wesker.
                  sigpic

Comment

OMG i love the part were it shows its mouth (LAMPREY TOUNGE! YIKES) D8

Comment

Wow. It's like, every time I think this game can't look worse or any more ridiculous, a new trailer comes out and blows my mind again. "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here," says the tough guy in a gas mask, injecting incapacitated sailors. "Stay back," says the big-titted blonde to the group of creatures who have been attacking her mindlessly. It's just awful.

Comment

Because no one has ever done that sort of thing in a Resident Evil before.

Comment

"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here." is a pretty common phrase from The Divine Comedy. It's used in BHUC too when Jill simply says "Abandon hope..." when going down the elevator to the underground laboratory in Umbrella's End.

It's more relevant in BHREV though. The flag with the writing in the room where Jill and Parker get gassed also has some quotes from The Divine Comedy, I believe.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

"Abandon all hope..." it's written at Hell's gates in the poem. It kind of makes sense in Umbrella Chronicles since Jill says it when she and Chris are going to the underground section of the Russian Resarch Facility, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Sweet feathery Jesus... the stuff some will come up with to try and dismiss Revelations.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, know-it-alls, but I'm aware of what the line is from. It's just cliched. It's all so very cliched. And as far as 'coming up' with something to 'try' and 'dismiss Revelations,' I don't need to come up with anything...Capcom has done it all in just a few trailers.

Comment

Working...
                                X