X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No plans for ORC beta:

sigpic

Comment

Of course there is. It's called the 'retail release' and we get to pay to test it out and then they patch it so it works! Works well with other games...

Comment

Mass Left4dead stress tests and glitch hunts! Worked for Valve!

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
          Dude, they did say:

So there you go.
          Actually, he says immediately afterwards that they have since changed the stuff that contradicts canon and it is now supposedly fully canon. Heh.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            Actually, he says immediately afterwards that they have since changed the stuff that contradicts canon and it is now supposedly fully canon. Heh.
            He did? then Jones is so full of it then... fully canon he said? Holy crap.

I guess Jones is trying to become Paul W.S. Anderson Jr.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

That's what I got from it. Basically he says they had a lot of ideas that contradicted the canon, but they've "gone down a long road" or some shit and have fixed them while supervised by CAPCOM Japan (who deserve just as much criticism if they are so blind).

EDIT: "But's it's been a long road that we had to pave with Slant Six to come up with the scenario and campaign that we did. But it's Capcom Japan-approved, fits into the timeline, fits into the story, it does not conflict with the canon, and you can play it in a way that does not disrupt Resident Evil 2 or 3 at all."

Obviously... bullshit.
              Last edited by News Bot; 11-03-2011, 05:19 PM.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Some recent news about ORC:

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City expectations lowered

Capcom has been aware that its in-progress fiscal year won't match last year's lofty numbers, and thus far, the publisher has not been wrong. However, it appears as if even its reserved projections for this year may miss their mark, as the publisher today revealed lowered sales expectations for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

In an earnings report addendum issued today, Capcom said that it now expects to sell 2 million units of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. That's down from May, when Capcom projected sales of 2.5 million units for the Slant Six-developed game. Capcom did not indicate a reason for the sales projection revision.
                source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/residen...owered-6344502
                sigpic

Comment

Oh I can think of a few reasons.

Comment

That is expected sales for this year, game was pushed back so it isn't gonna sell as much with less time and not get second shipments. If it does 2 million first shipment that is still great.

Mercs 3D must have made good money with 400k shipments.
                    Last edited by Dracarys; 11-08-2011, 11:33 PM.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                      Oh I can think of a few reasons.
                      Oh, there really is just 1 reason... that its not canon.

sigpic

Comment

Nah, haven't you been following up on the latest? It is canon after all. At least I still have the luxury of killing Leon.
                        Last edited by Smiley; 11-11-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                          Nah, haven't you been following up on the latest? It is canon after all. At least I still have the luxury of killing Leon.
                          Oh yeah.... just read a few pages of that ORC thread.... have to admit that both sides are making good points on that.

But it seems that the debate still rages on... it ain't over yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

The only way it'll ever be over (even after the game's release) is if someone from Capcom (and preferably Capcom Japan, given some of the...interesting statements to come out of Capcom US) comes out and say, 'Yes, the game replaces previously established canon, especially over writing the guidebooks and such' or 'no, it's an alternatively reality view of how things would have been different if the Wolfpack had been sent in as well as USS and UBCS forces.'

Comment

And knowing Capcom, that will not happen. Who knows what is to be considered canon or not anymore. Example would be RE - REmake - and Umbrella Chronicles. Three similiar stories of the mansion incident with some minor changes including Jill being partnered up with Chris. Now obviously the people on this forum know what to consider canon and what not but to the non-RE hardcore fan it's slightly different. The same could be said with RE2/RE3 - REUC/REDC and now ORC. We all know that we're gonna take some elements that does not contradict the original versions and consider it canon. However there will be those who considered UC/DC to be canon and there are those who will see ORC as a total remake of the events from RE2/RE3.

It basically comes down to personal opinion. Capcom says one thing now and then do something else different. They have a history of playing this game with customers/fans. And then you need to wait for a future game to talk about previous events/games to discover what is official and what is not. And finally, who is to say that somewhere down the line that Capcom does not go out of their way and "rework" that story. <--- It's a hot mess.

Comment

All I know is if I keep seeing more pics of the new movie I'm going to laugh myself to death just like the weasels in 'Roger Rabbit'
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	heels.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	400690

Comment

Working...
                                X