No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 Trailer #1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leon parts sure looks like reminiscent of classic games. But of course with new gameplay mechanics. Chris's parts are RE4/RE5 like and Alex's parts are over the top action (which I don't mind at all).
    Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
      It did jump as I recall. Stats for July 2009 put it just over 5 million units, then it jumped around 400,000 units in the IR report put up in 2010 even though the Gold Edition was only on sale for a short time in that FY.
      The platinum hits 360/platinum/greatest hits PS3 released around then, a while before in some regions and I know it had a boost then. It has been at 5.6m sold for a long time but Gold Edition shipment was very small and discontinued originally (this was confirmed when asked on twitter) and got re-released when the pre-patched PS Move version was released late that year, the sales for the re-release on PS3 were apparently really great and it was in top 10 budget games chart for months, yet the sales number has not shifted much.

I really wish they would make it clear, I've always wondered how re-releases like that sell. I don't think they are changing things to make numbers look better like suggested, if a game releases at same time on multiple consoles they just count it as one release, they never really used to do this before though and had late ports or generally not many same time multiplatform releases.
      Last edited by Dracarys; 01-23-2012, 09:50 PM.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• We can rule out blondie being Ashley Graham... voice actress Carolyn Lawrence just tweeted her side of the story:

"Hey RE fans. I'm sorry to say that I am not reprising my role of Ashley in RE6. You'll all just have to wait and see who the blonde is....." -- Carolyntweet 2 hours ago
        Unless Capcom is pulling a Wesker on us and replaced the voice actors again... we can safely assume now that IGN was right and that blonde IS none other than Sherry Birkin.

I guess Claire and Sherry will meet again in RE7... hopefully.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

• If that is Sherry Birkin and "Wesker" together then it would be an interesting contrast to see how their relationship would be when you reflect with Albert and William, they could possible the exact opposite of their goals and want to "save the world", even given the bad blood of their history. I love to see that as a possible direction for them, or hope that's the case.
          Last edited by Zombie Fred; 01-24-2012, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
            If that is Sherry Birkin and "Wesker" together then it would be an interesting contrast to see how their relationship would be when you reflect with Albert and William, they could possible the exact opposite of their goals and want to "save the world", even given the bad blood of their history. I love to see that as a possible direction for them, or hope that's the case.
            Ha, I didn't see this comparison, now that you said it makes sense and could make for an interesting story.

Comment

• Yes sherry , oh im about to tear ? LOL , Sherrys Back ! Oh Knew it , Voice doesn't sound like ashley ... Hair is like sherry "Ashley has a short wig" .... Oh i wanna play as her , give us more about her , Oh god finally !
              Last edited by Mrox2; 01-24-2012, 07:52 AM.
              Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
              ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                If that is Sherry Birkin and "Wesker" together then it would be an interesting contrast to see how their relationship would be when you reflect with Albert and William, they could possible the exact opposite of their goals and want to "save the world", even given the bad blood of their history. I love to see that as a possible direction for them, or hope that's the case.
                That would be phenomenal. I like that theory of yours a lot. If Capcom pulled that off, it'd be a truly great storytelling angle.

Though, given their history with handling the story in this series, they'd probably still butcher it. Haha.

But again, great theory and I hope that's where the story is going.

Comment

• I'm not sure we can assume anything about the blonde. A change in voice actor means little, especially when it comes to this series.

Now, I'm not saying that the blonde is definitely Ashely, but I also don't think we should automatically assume she's Sherry, either, and certainly not simply because Lawrence isn't reprising her role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    Now, I'm not saying that the blonde is definitely Ashely, but I also don't think we should automatically assume she's Sherry, either, and certainly not simply because Lawrence isn't reprising her role.
                    You're right about fans assuming a great many things - which usually sets up disappointment - but perhaps Capcom has finally heard fans asking for Sherry, whose name pops up any time a blonde character has appeared in teaser imagery. After all, they supposedly heard that fans wanted to see Chris and Leon together in a game. Maybe now they'll finally attempt to continue the Sherry Birkin storyline?

And I don't know if anyone's posted this image yet or not - found on another RE website via google image search - but the character models do show some similarities:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sherry.png
Views:	1
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	400844

Either way, fan assumptions and speculations will continue right up until November 20th. As Vector said in another thread, that's when the site is mostly lively, and fans can share their wild (and often way off) ideas.
                    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-24-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• It is. The second you start assuming who characters are without any specific confirmation is when you set yourself up for disappointment. Before Leon's partner was confirmed as Helena Harper I was hearing theories that she was Angela from Degeneration. Now we have people calling the third secret character Alex Wesker when for all they know he could be a new character with a new name altogether. Same with the blonde who people single out as either Ashley or Sherry. Take it with a grain of salt till we know more.

Comment

• Pfft..... "a blend of action and survival horror..." "...we like to call 'dramatic horror'..."

Comment

• There's no such thing as Alex Wesker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                            "a blend of action and survival horror..." "...we like to call 'dramatic horror'..."
                            I believe they did the same with Dino Crisis 2 calling it "Survival Panic."

Comment

• Enter the world of Dramatic Horror...
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Leon_wounded.png
Views:	1
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	400851
                              Last edited by Smiley; 01-26-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                                I believe they did the same with Dino Crisis 2 calling it "Survival Panic."
                                Indeed they did. Devil May Cry was also labelled 'Stylish Hard Action.' Dead Rising was probably 'fun time zombie killing simulator' :p

I dont understand the requirement for them to associate a label with each title they make. Technically I guess the same title would apply to RE4 as well then seeing it was an action horror blend. At least compared to the overwealming action of 5 anyway.

Aside from the fact that dramatic horror just sounds dumb.
                                Last edited by Rombie; 01-25-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X