Clear All

• Reads Spoiler....

Click image for larger version

Name:	lolwut.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	400859

Comment

• If those spoilers are true? Capcom has gone off it's face on giant fist fulls of drugs. Those are absurd.

Comment

• Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

Comment

• Spoilers better not be true because that would be the ultimate downfall of RE to have some kind of 'Alice' in the series.
          sigpic

Comment

• You guys arent seriously going to take this spoiler crap as fact right? The trailer just came out and yes the build of the game they showed is probably pretty close to completion...but how often are these internet rumors really true? Maybe once out of every fifty rumors?

Comment

• The guy who posted that posted it on a Portuguese Ubuntu forum, I'm not sure if this credits anything as it most likely doesn't, but hes been there for about 7 years and is respected Idk?
              He's in the localization team in Portugal apparently.

Comment

• *sigh* Despite being part Portuguese the words mean nothing to me :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  *sigh* Despite being part Portuguese the words mean nothing to me :/
                  Same stuff that's on the spoilers, nothing new.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    Survival horror really isn't much better.
                    Don't worry, I don't disagree. But it does at least give a more clearer explination of what the concept of the game is than Survival Panic or Dramatic Horror, as far as I'm concerned either of the latter could cover numerous styles of games - the last 2 Resident Evil's alone not withstanding (even though the former was for DC2).

Comment

• Hey Rombie, I've often wondered whats your overall analysis of the direction the series has undergone since 1996?

With everything becoming more mainstream and the over indulgence of action rather than horror, do you think that the RE series is now pretty much screwed because of Capcom pandering towards the mainstream audience rather than its original fan base?

In RE 6 we do see elements of both audiences wants being implemented in, but do you think its really 'too little, too late?". They finished off the series story arc in RE5(poorly IMO) and this game looks to be a prequel to 5 and appears to be back peddling to the old fanbase too.

Since you've been one of the more prominent old school fans, I am curious about your opinion. I'd actually like to think a lot of folks here would be curious too. Not trying to put you on the spot, but cant help but wonder, ya know?

Comment

• To be quite honest, and I've probably said this here and elsewhere, but I'm about as conflicted on the series' direction as it appears Capcom is after 15 years. I don't know if screwed is at all the right word, but I do think the franchise has reached a point past the point of no return.

But it's hard, because I'm aware of the split in the fanbase. It's not a two way split, that would be much easier to deal with, the franchise has spent so much in the past decade branching out into other ideas that Capcom wants to try to please everyone and no one at once. For example they're obviously aware of the passion of the Outbreak online supporters over the years, the franchises action elements have seen the franchises bigger sellers mostly, and yet there is always an undercurrent of vocal supportive fan need to keep the underlying horror/dread concept from the earlier games. You can't be surprised that we seemingly have an online action title, a reflective old-school style title keeping elements of positive gameplay change, and a major sequel that is supposed to try and appeal to long time fans and new ones alike.

Upon reflection Resident Evil was always going to turn towards more action, I think I begruded it quite heavily at first personally, but if you look at the franchise in development it's got a curve. RE2 is more action than RE1, RE3 again more. Possibly Code Veronica is a return more to the plodding elements in some respects, but even then it has some massive set pieces. It was only when Mikami had his hands back into the franchise hold as producer and/or director that the game leveled back into the original style more for the first two GC titles (REmake and Zero) but even he was aware in the long development of RE4 that it needed a change to be less stale.

I miss the simplicity of the earlier titles, if thats a concept to be held, where seemingly more questions than answers went but that there seemed to be an ongoing choronology to it. Once this was lost, the side stories became more varied, and then RE4 rewrote the book by trying somewhat to start afresh it changed for me. RE5 tried it's link back into the franchise history, but given how convoted it is to me at that point, it's kinda where I stopped caring as much about the franchise because I realised Capcom was just going to do what it thought would sell better.

I think the final point on RE6 is to look at the billing block and look who had to step up to make this game. Staff at Capcom were entirely unsure where to originally go with the franchise and the old producer didn't want the stress of having to try possibly reinvent itself again. It's a big gamble and something I think they are probably somewhat unsure of, which is probably a key to why they've left it so close (historically speaking) to the release of the game. Unlike something like RE4 which went though so many builds, and RE5 which clearly had a long development history from first announcement to release, they're keeping this tight and controlled as possible.

I guess they see the need to keep the franchise moving forward, and not so much backward, and keep people guessing more with the bigger titles than perhaps dealing with the fan requests... which is where the side titles come in.

I'm not sure if that answers your question towards me, but I guess that is more or less how I see it currently. Maybe ask me again after the game is out and it'll be different again :p

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                          Calling bullshit, specially because comes from my country.
                          Chalk one up for national pride.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Just saw this for the first time.

Holy Shit!!!

That was awesome. I wasn't expecting such a big and long reveal.
                            Impressive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              Chalk one up for national pride.
                              You wouldn't believe the kind of shit I hear people saying over here, the best exemple were the "rumors" for RE6. A humor website made a post about Capcom having posted on their blog that RE6 would have Carlos and Barry as main characters and it would be on Brazil with mutated anacondas, alligators and capybaras, and in the end of the 0that site posted the source as "Times New Roman" as a joke because we use the same word for font and source, which is "fonte".

You'd think people would get the joke (unfunny as it is), but nope, it was like that "Times New Roman" line was erased from their minds and they actually believed that was going to be a game, and nobody bothered checking Capcom's website or blog either. So for like one year and a half people would pop-out saying "Holy shit guys RE6 will be in Brazil". And a certain famous fansite over here instead of helping clarify this "rumor" they go and e-mail Capcom asking if we'll get a RE game on Brazil and they get a answers like "You'll have to wait and see", which just made people believe this shit even more.

So yeah, it's hard to believe in stuff that comes from here when you deal with this kind of stupidity for a while.

Comment

• So everything came to pass. Now for the bombshell regarding Ada's clone. This will spin some heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X