X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    Neither did Carlos Oliveira in UC.
    He does say "chica" though.

Aside from that, I don't think the US government would let a known host for the T-Veronica virus, one of the most dangerous in the series, be even in the same state as the president, and the trailer makes it seem like she works there or something.

Comment

Well...at least we know who the blonde with baldie is.... Ashley Graham.

I got RE4 running on the Wii and watched the cutscenes with Ashley in them... then compared her voice to the blonde in the trailer... its the same voice as that of Carolyn Lawrence.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
        So then is it safe to say that Jill will be presumed dead in this game (by the characters) since this seems to take place slightly before RE5?
        We'll need official timeline confirmation but that seems to be the case right now. After watching the trailer again and again it doesn't make much sense though. The vendetta they're talking about is probably related to Revelations and I doubt this huge, worldwide mess could possibly happen before RE5 without being mentioned once in that game. The president being turned into a zombie would be worth mentioning at least.
        Chris is also the only one that wasn't shown with a partner even if he had a squad of generic soldiers so maybe there's still hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
          Well...at least we know who the blonde with baldie is.... Ashley Graham.

I got RE4 running on the Wii and watched the cutscenes with Ashley in them... then compared her voice to the blonde in the trailer... its the same voice as that of Carolyn Lawrence.
          See, this just bums me out even more. If they got Lawrence to reprise her role as Ashely, and it sounds like Hunnigan's VA is the same as in RE4 and Degeneration, too, why isn't Paul Mercier voicing Leon? I guess maybe there was a schedule conflict or something, though I can't say I'm too surprised considering he's not voicing Leon in ORC, either. RE6 Leon doesn't sound like ORC Leon, though. I wonder if it's the same person.

Comment

After the outcry about Jills absense for most of RE5 which even got her two pieces of DLC....would Capcom really do that again?
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Man, the forum is alive again.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                The vendetta they're talking about is probably related to Revelations and I doubt this huge, worldwide mess could possibly happen before RE5 without being mentioned once in that game.
                I'm hoping it's just a PR goof-up and that the actual game takes place post RE5. In RE5 during one of the cutscenes, Chris refers to the "Kennedy Report" when describing the Majini... If zombies were prevelant prior to RE5 and post RE4, it would've been hinted, or at least I'm assuming it would be.

As for Chris's vendetta I think they're referring to the premise in the scenes being shown; BSAA members getting f*cked up chemically... Like that dude busting into fire, some guys head exploding, and in one of the scenes you see someone throw a grenade-like weapon with needles sticking out. Shoot that would make me throw a tantrum too, lol. I'm just waiting for a boulder to pop up after Chris screams his "After what she's done to us? How many of our men are dead BECAUSE OF THAT BITCH!!!??!" line
                Last edited by let me live; 01-19-2012, 07:25 PM.
                REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  See, this just bums me out even more. If they got Lawrence to reprise her role as Ashely, and it sounds like Hunnigan's VA is the same as in RE4 and Degeneration, too, why isn't Paul Mercier voicing Leon? I guess maybe there was a schedule conflict or something, though I can't say I'm too surprised considering he's not voicing Leon in ORC, either. RE6 Leon doesn't sound like ORC Leon, though. I wonder if it's the same person.
                  Yep, I also noticed that they got Salli Saffioti back to play Hunnigan. Her voice is kinda similar to "Velma" from the Scooby-doo cartoons. Its easy to recognize. The same goes with Carolyn Lawrence's voice. I've watched enough Spongebob episodes (thanks to my 8 year old niece) to know that its very likely her voice in RE6.

I have no idea what's the deal with Paul Mercier not returning.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    I'm willing to bet money that the new VA for that woman with Leon is Laura Bailey. I've played way too many games/movies with her (DBZ, Street Fighter, RE: Degen, Soul Calibur Shuura) to not recognize her voice off the bat. I'm also bummed Mercier isn't back, he *is* Leon to me.
                    REALDEMO

Comment

• SO. MUCH. HYPE

I haven't felt like this for RE in awhile. And since I've been focusing more on RE lately, this couldn't have come at a better time. I can't wait!

Comment

• Dual-wielding confirmed?

Comment

• That Trailer looked fun of course it's a bit early to tell for sure but it looks like Capcom may have found a balance with action and horror and yay zombies back at last. One thing I think is a little odd though is Capcom said it taks place ten years after the mansion incident which was in 1998 I think meaning this game is set in 2008 one year before Resident Evil 5. So if this is a prequel to RE 5 you'd think some of this stuff would have been mentioned although I guess Capcom hadn't planned the story out then.

Comment

• I wonder if this will get a Wii U release. I actually enjoyed playing RE4 a lot more on the Wii....so I imagine RE6 would be loads of fun with the Wii remote as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                              I wonder if this will get a Wii U release. I actually enjoyed playing RE4 a lot more on the Wii....so I imagine RE6 would be loads of fun with the Wii remote as well.
                              Considering how touchy Nintendo is about revealing anything related to the Wii U (until they allow it), its entirely possible that if a Wii U version is ever made, that it won't be made public until Ninty is ready to unveil the finalized version of the console.

Maybe they're making some special edition port of the game and that's why it would make no sense to show it. I don't think it would make sense for Capcom to pull a Resident Evil 4 on us. Like when they made public that an enhance port of RE4 was coming days before the Cube version went on sale. That stupid announcement killed sales for the Cube version.
                              sigpic

Comment

• This game looks to be comprised of all the elements people bitched about in RE5...action, co-op, and more action.

Leon has a female partner.
                                Scar-face has a female partner.
                                Chris seems paired up with the other soldier who survives the ambush. (And as someone mentioned, his vendetta is against a supposed "bitch" that set up his infiltration team.)

This video is littered with the same over-the-top melee action that has plagued the series since RE4 - a game that has the exact same gameplay as RE5, just without the co-op partner. (And yet somehow RE4 is deemed a brilliant horror title, while RE5 is commonly referred to as the "action title where it all went wrong.") And yet here everyone is peeing their pants about RE6...which looks like RE4 & RE5 on caffeine. What happened to the "necessary reboot/changes to the gameplay" for the next installment, that one of the producers commented about?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this installment (well, maybe not Leon) but anyone who bitched about RE5 and is salivating over this like a Pavlovian dog is doing a 180 from their previous sentiments.

This game looks far more action-packed than RE5...sliding under zombies, riding on the front of helicopters (midflight), leaping across rooftops, etc.

Ah well, I'll be another one of the sheep picking this up (but I am most nostalgic over RE1/RE2, and the feeling of dread those titles provided). Ah well, better the RE4/5 style than something shitty like RECV.

P.S. Chris looks older and more grisled ("Get off my lawn") so this - or at least his segment - seems to take place after RE5. Leon is looking much older as well. Also, is Chris growing a beard to be as manly as Barry?
                                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-19-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X